Disappointed on Caribbean Princess

mcrimmins

2 minutes ago, tawlaw1526 said:

Oh my gosh….how disgusting.    Truly makes you wonder what you don’t see.   These people just don’t stop and think.   THEY ARE NOT AT HOME!!!!!   That leads me to wonder how they live.    Gross to even think about it!   

I agree with you.  We meet the nicest people on cruises... who could be disgusting when we are not looking 😞

8 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

It's noro not covid I am bringing extra Imodium and pepto bismal also at Walgreens I picked up an extra strength hand sanitizer it's purell prime defense.  Also antibacterial wipes.

You and @u2harmony both mentioned hand santizer. Some question sanitizer effectiveness against Noro. Nice to have around, but best to just wash your hands and don't touch your face. Be aware that improperly stored and prepared filter-feeders like clams and oysters can also transmit, should go ashore at Princess Cay as an example. Use knuckles on elevator buttons and back of hand on stair rails. Both of you have a safe cruise!

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tawlaw1526 said:

I am currently on Discovery Princess and I saw the most repulsive disgusting thing I have ever seen any passenger ever do on any cruise ship…. In the buffet there was a tray that had ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, malt vinegar bottles….etc

Some man walked right up to the tray, grabbed the malt vinegar and unscrewed the cap and put the bottle opening in his mouth and poured vinegar in his mouth.   He acted like that was a completely acceptable action and he put cap back on and walked away.   I couldn’t just pretend I didn’t see it…..I had to get a worker and report the issue.   I urged him to please throw that bottle away.   
Really makes you stop and think…..what happens that you don’t see!   
No wonder Noro and Covid are still an issue!   Absolutely not the cruise lines fault.    

How about seeing someone take a portion of a item and put it on their plate. Sample it, then scrape it all off the plate back into the container. I notified the staff member closest to that area and they immediately removed the entire bowl of that item from the buffet.

1 hour ago, tawlaw1526 said:

I am currently on Discovery Princess and I saw the most repulsive disgusting thing I have ever seen any passenger ever do on any cruise ship…. In the buffet there was a tray that had ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, malt vinegar bottles….etc

Some man walked right up to the tray, grabbed the malt vinegar and unscrewed the cap and put the bottle opening in his mouth and poured vinegar in his mouth.   He acted like that was a completely acceptable action and he put cap back on and walked away.   I couldn’t just pretend I didn’t see it…..I had to get a worker and report the issue.   I urged him to please throw that bottle away.   
Really makes you stop and think…..what happens that you don’t see!   
No wonder Noro and Covid are still an issue!   Absolutely not the cruise lines fault.    

This never happened....  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

We were on her from April 1-8, where I think the Norovirus first occurred.   The precautions that Princess takes is exactly what any cruiseline would do.  I'm sorry you are not happy.  

Yup we were on the same cruise, on Thursday the servers came out and we weren't allowed to touch utensils in the buffet, also cans of coke rather than fountain in the dining rooms, I knew something was up. The best defense, "Washy washy" as the crew members were trying to police people entering the buffet. Also try to be 1st in the buffet if you eat there, assume everything is contaminated, don't touch food that's going in your mouth, i.e. rolls, etc.

We managed to avoid the Noro, but ended up with the other one on the trip home... ☹️ We should have masked in the theater.

No ill will towards Princess, just to inconsiderate passengers.

Noroviruses and Covid occur on cruise ships and hotels.  The difference with a hotel is that an individual who is sick, can check out and leave.  On a cruise ship, the individual cannot leave and the ship must work and work hard to prevent further spread of the infection. 

My wife and I usually try to eat in the dining room, sad to say, a small, but significant minority do not obey rules and regulations in the buffet leading to contamination. 

3 hours ago, dickinson said:

@tawlaw1526  That is truly disgusting.  It is a step worse than what my dh once saw.  He was in the buffet sitting down while I was getting my food.  There was a man sitting at the table too.  That man wanted some salt or pepper (don't remember) so he unscrewed the cap and stuck his fingers inside to get a pinch.  He did it multiple times and then put the cap back on.  My dh was so shocked he was speechless.  I sit down and after eating I started to get up but dh said to wait a bit.  Once that man left my dh told me what happened and he then went to get a crew member to take away the compromised shaker.

I am so bold, that I would have gone to his table and removed it myself and said , WTH???