Disappointed on Caribbean Princess

mcrimmins

We’re this is on this ship doing an 14 day E/W Caribbean. Apparently the virus has reared up again on this ship. All food in the buffet has to be served to you and they closed the laundries today. We generally have to find our own water in the buffet area. 72 hours for them to do your dirty clothes will be difficult on a short cruise. It appears everything from entertainment to food to cabin service has been chopped. This is day 4 and we finally met our room steward. This is our 5th Princess cruise - the second in 5 months and it’s hard to believe this is the same line. We’re probably moving on to a different line. Too bad. We liked the old Princess. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mcrimmins said:

We’re this is on this ship doing an 14 day E/W Caribbean. Apparently the virus has reared up again on this ship. All food in the buffet has to be served to you and they closed the laundries today. We generally have to find our own water in the buffet area. 72 hours for them to do your dirty clothes will be difficult on a short cruise. It appears everything from entertainment to food to cabin service has been chopped. This is day 4 and we finally met our room steward. This is our 5th Princess cruise - the second in 5 months and it’s hard to believe this is the same line. We’re probably moving on to a different line. Too bad. We liked the old Princess. 

Sounds like Noro and those are the typical moves every cruise lines does when this occurs

Edited by memoak
  • Like 6

What virus? Noro or covid? If noro is making its rounds I understand why things are off kilter. My husband recently had it and spent the whole weekend sleeping. I wouldn't want to get noro and be stuck in a cruise cabin with the rest of my family and end up infecting them.

4 minutes ago, mcrimmins said:

It’s probably the norovirus that they’ve been fighting.  Could be covid, also.

I’m sure they are taking precautions now, right?  They had a norovirus outbreak recently on that ship, others have posted.

It does affect the crew also, as they must be short staffed now.

The other cruise lines have been affected too, not just Princess.

• Like 4

My husband and I are on this cruise.   Princess is doing everything they can to keep people healthy.   I think they are doing a good job.   Some passengers are giving the staff a difficult time about washing their hands and using the sanitizer.   People are also very impatient.  We are hearing alot of coughing.  I saw a man in line at the buffet touch the piece of fish that he wanted.   He also touched the one next to it.  OMG

Princess is doing a good job.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We were on her from April 1-8, where I think the Norovirus first occurred.   The precautions that Princess takes is exactly what any cruiseline would do.  I'm sorry you are not happy.   We had a wonderful cruise.  The cruise staff are doing everything that they can to manage the virus, but it is difficult when people won't wash their hands and touch things that they shouldn't.  I read a post about someone on the cruise before you that caught it, felt bad, still went to the buffet the next day, went back to bed because they still had diarrhea, and went many places the next day, while still having tummy issues.  THAT is the reason they can't stay ahead of this thing.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, mcrimmins said:

Although we dislike the Caribbean Princess for other reasons, it could have occurred on any ship. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mcrimmins said:

It happens.  Make the best of it.

Cheers

• Like 2

On CB now. We don’t eat in the Buffet so have noticed no difference. 
The note about Laundry was given to us a couple of days ago so we just planned accordingly. 
The crew has been beyond helpful and in good spirits despite the extra steps they need to take.

Great cruise for us so far…(B2B2B2B) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sns1 said:

My husband and I are on this cruise.   Princess is doing everything they can to keep people healthy.   I think they are doing a good job.   Some passengers are giving the staff a difficult time about washing their hands and using the sanitizer.   People are also very impatient.  We are hearing alot of coughing.  I saw a man in line at the buffet touch the piece of fish that he wanted.   He also touched the one next to it.  OMG

Princess is doing a good job.

Thank you. I am on this ship in 2 weeks and slightly concerned. Are you still enjoying yourself? My husband spends most of the time on the balcony in our cabin anyway, so we might not get sick. Anything you suggest we have with us just in case? Masks, hand sanitizer? Obviously tylenol? ☺️

• Like 1

We are having a wonderful time on this cruise.   I do think that staff is being pulled to do jobs that they aren't use to.   I do wish they would make the international cafe more efficient, especially the coffee line

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, u2harmony said:

Thank you. I am on this ship in 2 weeks and slightly concerned. Are you still enjoying yourself? My husband spends most of the time on the balcony in our cabin anyway, so we might not get sick. Anything you suggest we have with us just in case? Masks, hand sanitizer? Obviously tylenol? ☺️

I wouldn’t over think it too much.

Be prepared with the basics and you’ll be fine.

One suggestion is to when you order anything from IC or dining room just ask when you order for any additional condiments, sugar etc. It cuts down on wait time and helps the waitstaff since those things aren’t being left out. 
Happy Cruising 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, u2harmony said:

Wash your hands OFTEN and try not to touch your face. When I eat in the buffet, I always go wash my hands again after getting my food, before I start eating.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, mcrimmins said:

Well, the outbreak cannot be helped at this point.

We sailed Caribbean last summer & LOVED it.

Have also sailed Discovery, Sapphire & Ruby since then & Caribbean remains our fav of those sailings.

Now, fewer activities due to an attempt to control spread would be disappointing but understandable--but I've never heard of this before...

But I personally wouldn't judge an entire line based upon a sailing that is being affected by an outbreak.

I try not to make rash decisions on situational issues. 

Edited by KKB
  • Like 2

I am currently on Discovery Princess and I saw the most repulsive disgusting thing I have ever seen any passenger ever do on any cruise ship…. In the buffet there was a tray that had ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, malt vinegar bottles….etc

Some man walked right up to the tray, grabbed the malt vinegar and unscrewed the cap and put the bottle opening in his mouth and poured vinegar in his mouth.   He acted like that was a completely acceptable action and he put cap back on and walked away.   I couldn’t just pretend I didn’t see it…..I had to get a worker and report the issue.   I urged him to please throw that bottle away.   
Really makes you stop and think…..what happens that you don’t see!   
No wonder Noro and Covid are still an issue!   Absolutely not the cruise lines fault.    

• Like 3

@tawlaw1526  That is truly disgusting.  It is a step worse than what my dh once saw.  He was in the buffet sitting down while I was getting my food.  There was a man sitting at the table too.  That man wanted some salt or pepper (don't remember) so he unscrewed the cap and stuck his fingers inside to get a pinch.  He did it multiple times and then put the cap back on.  My dh was so shocked he was speechless.  I sit down and after eating I started to get up but dh said to wait a bit.  Once that man left my dh told me what happened and he then went to get a crew member to take away the compromised shaker.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dickinson said:

@tawlaw1526  That is truly disgusting.  It is a step worse than what my dh once saw.  He was in the buffet sitting down while I was getting my food.  There was a man sitting at the table too.  That man wanted some salt or pepper (don't remember) so he unscrewed the cap and stuck his fingers inside to get a pinch.  He did it multiple times and then put the cap back on.  My dh was so shocked he was speechless.  I sit down and after eating I started to get up but dh said to wait a bit.  Once that man left my dh told me what happened and he then went to get a crew member to take away the compromised shaker.

Oh my gosh….how disgusting.    Truly makes you wonder what you don’t see.   These people just don’t stop and think.   THEY ARE NOT AT HOME!!!!!   That leads me to wonder how they live.    Gross to even think about it!   

• Like 1