Did I Double Pay the DSC??

wacruiselover

I am on the Bliss for the April 29 sailing. I just got a copy of the NCL invoice and one of the promo codes is PPSRVCHG. In the add-on section of the invoice, one of the listed items is 2 x Prepaid Service Charge.

Not knowing that this promo was included in my booking, I prepaid $224 on April 1 to lock in the lower DSC price. Did I pay for something that was already included and if so, how do I get a refund? And who will it come from? I paid the $224 on the NCL website but purchased the cruise from a TA.

PPSRVCHG    pre-paid service charge

Since you purchased the cruise from (your) TA check with them about a refund/explanation

You indicate that you prepaid this with at the time of purchase - 

Since you are not on board the BLISS as this time check with your TA - - -

If on board the BLISS contact Guest Services and have the refund to your on board account.

If this would have been noticed post cruise have your TA fix it.

Get this squared away before sailing to avoid further complications inuendo etc.. 

Are these two things not just the same prepayment shown twice on the invoice?

I don’t know for sure as our invoices in the UK don’t show the codes, but a code meaning prepaid service charge suggests to me that it has been paid rather than is a promo (unless it was paid as a promo by your TA).

I think that you will need to speak to your TA to clarify. It is likely that they will need to apply for a refund as well if it has been double paid.

If there was no indication from the TA that this was a perk for booking with them, then what you are seeing on the invoice (as KeithJenner suggested) is the confirmation that you yourself pre-paid the the service charges on April 1. Do you have any booking documents from NCL or your TA from before April 1 so that you can see if the code was already there from the start?

The fact that you are seeing a code in one place and a more detailed description of the amenity in another place (or places) is normal. It doesn’t mean that this amenity has been added to your booking multiples times.

I agree... you didn't pay twice.  I booked a cruise last Sept and that code did not show up on my NCL invoice until AFTER I prepaid the DSC in late Dec 2023 and got my revised NCL confirmation.  I have a clear before and after "snapshot".

I'm a little anal about the details and always ask for the NCL confirmation in addition to my TA's confirmation paperwork.  I like to compare them for accuracy and also check the actual NCL codes as they do not show up on my TA's confirmations.

Not all the codes are "promo" codes.

Edited by lgdesign

PPSRVCHG is the code that will show after you or your travel agent prepay the DSC

The description in the details would be Prepaid Service Charges or Prepaid Service Charge for Suites & The Haven.  If the TA had pre-paid them, the option for you to pay them would not have been available.

SALESPPG is  the code that is used when the DSC is covered due to a special

The description in the details would be Free Prepaid Service Charges.

Note: This may not block the ability for you to prepay them, which could result in a double pay situation.

Thank you to all who replied. Now I can avoid an hour long call to my TA and not worry about the code. The TA normally never sends me the NCL invoice so this is the first time I have seen the codes. My mind at ease so now I can concentrate on the fun ahead! 😊