Diamond Members

Dthorne1

How many do you think there are on average per cruise out of Miami?  Just curious as if the priority line to board / get off the ship for Diamond Members actually helps or doesn't really make much of a difference?

Thanks!

The diamond party on my March Divina cruise out of Miami was attended by maybe 60 to 80 people.

For embarkation I used the diamond line but it did not really make a difference - both lines were short 

We cruised out of Miami last December. Even among MSC staffs, there is a lot of confusion on the diamond/priority line. Be persistent when you ask the staffs for direction. Diamond/priority members still use the regular line to go through the security check. Once in the waiting hall before checking, there is a separate priority line. That probably saved us 30 minutes for checking.

We used walk off for disembarking, so no difference there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, carlmm said:

The diamond party on my March Divina cruise out of Miami was attended by maybe 60 to 80 people.

For embarkation I used the diamond line but it did not really make a difference - both lines were short 

Can you bring room mate to party if they are not diamond?

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Can you bring room mate to party if they are not diamond?

I've never seen them check too closely.  As long as you show your card, your companion should be okay.  Again, keep in mind when the say Diamond "party", it is a free drink or two and some snacks, but it is mostly welcome from the captain and then a discussion of new ships and cruises.  That means the dominant people are the CD and the Future Cruises host.  It's not a hard sell like a "Time Share Presentation" party, but it is a sales-oriented session.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 1:58 PM, JAGR said:

I've never seen them check too closely.  As long as you show your card, your companion should be okay.  Again, keep in mind when the say Diamond "party", it is a free drink or two and some snacks, but it is mostly welcome from the captain and then a discussion of new ships and cruises.  That means the dominant people are the CD and the Future Cruises host.  It's not a hard sell like a "Time Share Presentation" party, but it is a sales-oriented session.  Just my opinion.

That is how the US parties go, but it is a much bigger deal in Europe. At least on the Poesia last fall, it was a group of hundreds with many Europeans showing up in pin stripe tuxedos. The wine was amazing, unlike at the US parties. They had a good live band playing too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tkwbear said:

That is how the US parties go, but it is a much bigger deal in Europe. At least on the Poesia last fall, it was a group of hundreds with many Europeans showing up in pin stripe tuxedos. The wine was amazing, unlike at the US parties. They had a good live band playing too.

Aah, that makes sense!  In Europe, I suspect that many Diamond/Black members actually earned their status, and that allegiance should be recognized and rewarded.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tkwbear said:

You are quite right about the Poesia Diamond experience. I was on there for two voyages back to back and both times they did it very differently than the US MSC experience. There were also not as many of us Diamond folks onboard for the two voyages I had (end of season Norway and Baltics run).

• Like 1