Can i add someone to a cabin?

redcruzer

I figured I'd ask here, since Princess chat doesn't seem to know SMH...

My friend a cruise on 6/24/23. She is currently booked as a single in a room but now she may want to bring someone. Is that allowed at this point in time? is there a fee? thanks for any info :)

Since she booked solo, I suspect she is in a cabin that will hold at least two.  So, it’s likely she can add someone, and as she already paid the single supplement which is basically paying for two, the answer is probably yes.  There should not be a fee but they will add taxes and port fees for the second person.  The only hiccup might be how full the ship is.  The ship is divided into muster stations, with lifeboats assigned to those stations.  They will not book more people in that area than there are seats in the lifeboats.  So if they have booked a lot of cabins with 3/4 people, there might not be a seat left for another in her cabin.  EM

• Like 1

It can be done.  The amount to do so will always be at least ports, but it’s possible the single supplement was reduced from the standard 100% to as little as 5%.  So there may be an add collect.  

what it shouldn’t do is trigger a reprice.  

• Like 1

I was able to add 2 passengers to my original solo cabin 1 month before sailing this past January. Since I was already paying 100% supplement, the second passenger only paid port fees & tax and the third person paid cruise fare + port fees & tax. I booked direct with Princess and no other fees charged by Princess . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can apply a FCD toward the balance, BUT will not get OBC.  Original fare should not change. 

Are you sure? I had a solo booked cabin for the Discovery Princess for January 2023 sailing. A friend decided he wanted to sail with me in December 2022. As booking was paid in full already, my friend wanted to use expiring FCC’s. Princess would have also allowed using a FCD, but then it would not use up all my friend’s FCC’s. Princess refunded my ‘overpayment’ to my credit card. 

30 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Are you sure? I had a solo booked cabin for the Discovery Princess for January 2023 sailing. A friend decided he wanted to sail with me in December 2022. As booking was paid in full already, my friend wanted to use expiring FCC’s. Princess would have also allowed using a FCD, but then it would not use up all my friend’s FCC’s. Princess refunded my ‘overpayment’ to my credit card. 

Yes, You can use FCC's.  Yes, You can use a FCD...but it would only count as $100 credit since it is not being applied to a NEW booking but added to an existing booking.  

FCDs only earn OBC IF booked as a NEW booking.  Both Passengers 1 and 2 would have to be booked at the same time on a NEW booking for FCD to earn OBC.

FCC:  Future Cruise Credit

FCD:  Future Cruise Deposit

OBC: On Board Credit

Just found this:

Future Cruise Deposits cannot be added to a booking after the booking has been paid in full and may not be combinable with other promotional offers.

https://www.princess.com/plan/fcc-onboard-cruise-credits/

Edited by cr8tiv1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, You can use FCC's.  Yes, You can use a FCD...but it would only count as $100 credit since it is not being applied to a NEW booking but added to an existing booking.  

FCDs only earn OBC IF booked as a NEW booking.  Both Passengers 1 and 2 would have to be booked at the same time on a NEW booking for FCD to earn OBC.

I have added a passenger2 after I have booked a solo cabin and, for sure, before final payment, passenger2 has been able to use a FCD and was given the associated ‘OBC’.

I just recently added a FCD to a solo booking I already made the deposit for a direct booking for a 2024 sailing, I received the associated ‘OBC’ for using a FCD.

Also have been able to add a FCD and get the ‘OBC’ to an online TA booking which does not have ability to to apply FCD’s and used credit card for initial deposit.

Friends who booked August 2023 Emerald sailing last month did not have any FCD’s left. They paid initial deposit via credit card. Asked TA to check with Princess if when they boarded Majestic this month and bought FCD’s, could they be applied to this booking. Princess told TA ‘yes’. When my friends emailed TA to then try and apply, Princess said these FCD’s needed to be used on bookings after the FCD purchase date. Friends asked agent to try again, and Princess applied the new FCD’s to passenger1 and 2. In the past, Princess would ‘backdate’ the new FCDs. I was told Princess does not do this anymore, but someone at Princess knew how to get these FCD’s added and my friends received the OBC.

Passenger1 and 2 do NOT need to be booked at the same time if passenger2 is added before final payment for passenger2 to earn OBC for using a FCD, have even swapped out passenger2 and ‘new’ passenger2 is able to use a FCD and receive associated ‘OBC’.

Have not added a passenger2 after final in awhile, so not sure if Princess is still enforcing ‘no FCD’s after final.

Getting a little off topic as OP was just asking about adding passenger2, but this additional info can apply.

Edited by wallyj