Bags for disembarkation

HelloKittysMum

We are leaving Eurodam tomorrow in San Diego.

We've been told bags need to be out by midnight but no one can tell me how early we can put them out.  I've got 6 bags to pack so ideally want them out as soon as they are packed but I don't want to clutter the corridor for hours with four or five bags and cause problems for people with wheelchairs or mobility scooters.

Anyone know what time they start moving them?

In the old days, on the Prinsendam, if you put a bag out it was whisked away so fast your head would spin.

Now, I would wait until 7 pm or so to start putting them out.  There were one pile of them on the K that I saw sitting for some time (turn around days for me).

• Like 1

I guess we'll have to have them cluttering the room then. Quiz at 7, then dinner, then comedienne, so will be 10ish before we are back.  

Packing is complicated as we've got a week in LA with our daughter, so we are trying to have some bags with things that aren't needed for that part of the holiday.

10 minutes ago, HelloKittysMum said:

I guess we'll have to have them cluttering the room then. Quiz at 7, then dinner, then comedienne, so will be 10ish before we are back.  

You can easily put them out before you leave for the evening, then. Even a couple of hours earlier would likely be all right, since people are leaving for early dinner by then. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HelloKittysMum said:

We've been told bags need to be out by midnight but no one can tell me how early we can put them out......

Anyone know what time they start moving them?

A good question for your cabin steward since he could  be the fellow tootin' them come midnight. I know it's pretty late when they start moving the bags. We are always in bed at that time on all past cruises. But then we get between the sheets about 2200/10PM.

If you are worried about those packed bags taking up too much room in your cabin, we have put them on our balcony if we're packed early. Of course, it helps to have a balcony... and decent weather that last night.......😉

Doug

Too late for this, as the OP has already put her bags out and leaving the ship this morning, but we have put our packed cases back under the bed so that the room stewards could clean the room for the night without having to shift our cases around.  That was back before the pandemic when there was always night time turndown!  

On a recent cruise, we have seen a few bags in the hallways as early as 5:30PM...probably people put them out before they went to dinner.  But it is more typically after 7PM when you start seeing a lot of bags.

I have to ask and you certainly don’t have to tell me but were the 6 bags for two people?  I’m a reformed over packer but I take full advantage of my 50 lbs.  I hear people say we only use a carry on for travel and I always think why would you want to though (not looking for reasons for people that do).

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I have to ask and you certainly don’t have to tell me but were the 6 bags for two people?  I’m a reformed over packer but I take full advantage of my 50 lbs.  I hear people say we only use a carry on for travel and I always think why would you want to though (not looking for reasons for people that do).

We do carry on in N America because we can  - most of the world has weight limits of 7kg or so which is hard when you carry a  laptop and a camera. But in the US it seems to be mainly11kg plus the personal item is not included in that!

It removes the chance that luggage will be misplaced and saves waiting for it after a long flight. Plus post-cruise we are doing another month of travel and saves us several checked bag fees too. 

The only negative is that's its unclear to be me if the cheap walking poles I was planning on buying on arrival will get confiscated along the way. They flew all over Europe last year but apparently its an issue in N America.