How do I find the titles of shows on my ship before arriving?

Kitty Ellas Mom

Best way is to ask the question on a "live from" thread from the ship you will be on.

Of course only the "production" show information will apply to your cruise.

Entertainers such as comedians, singers, etc. can be different from one voyage to the next.

• Like 2

I doubt anyone will know this far out what shows will be on any ship - and if they do then it is unlikely that they will commit to divulging that information.

You could, of course, wait until you are on board and be surprised - after all it is not going to make any difference.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2023 at 1:48 AM, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I know this is very basic but I can't seem to find what shows will be on my cruise.  I mostly want to know if there are any big broadway type shows I can look forward to.  It's Caribbean Princess to Canada / New England departing Sept 19, 2023.  Thanks!

On 4/24/2023 at 3:20 AM, david63 said:

I doubt anyone will know this far out what shows will be on any ship - and if they do then it is unlikely that they will commit to divulging that information.

A small exception to the above is the themed cruises that Princess recently ran (and I hope will return).  In the case of the 80s themed cruises, the tribute bands were announced months in advance and they all (I think) made their respective cruises - despite a scare on our roll call.  They mostly took up the spots in the main theater that would have been taken by Princess' regular entertainment.

About that roll call scare... these folks were supposed to be replaced by a tribute to a female act.  Does the lead singer look female to you?!?!  Don't answer that!  😄

Red-Corvette-Lead-closeup.thumb.jpg.bd866a159806593a67eb8a948106dd89.jpg

You should get an email from princess shortly ( 1 week ? )  before you cruise with some basic show info, like the what production shows will be featured.  Individual entertainers wont be annonced until the cruise starts and can change during the cruise.

On 4/24/2023 at 1:48 AM, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I know this is very basic but I can't seem to find what shows will be on my cruise.  I mostly want to know if there are any big broadway type shows I can look forward to.  It's Caribbean Princess to Canada / New England departing Sept 19, 2023.  Thanks!

You can see which shows are scheduled in the Journey View activities timeline in the app. I’ve seen it populate as much as a couple of months before a cruise but it could be later

4 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

A small exception to the above is the themed cruises that Princess recently ran (and I hope will return).  In the case of the 80s themed cruises, the tribute bands were announced months in advance and they all (I think) made their respective cruises - despite a scare on our roll call.  They mostly took up the spots in the main theater that would have been taken by Princess' regular entertainment.

About that roll call scare... these folks were supposed to be replaced by a tribute to a female act.  Does the lead singer look female to you?!?!  Don't answer that!  😄

Red-Corvette-Lead-closeup.thumb.jpg.bd866a159806593a67eb8a948106dd89.jpg

80's cruise currently on Discovery Princess. 

And the pic above would be the tribute act to the purple one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Torfamm said:

You can see which shows are scheduled in the Journey View activities timeline in the app. I’ve seen it populate as much as a couple of months before a cruise but it could be later

Could be MUCH later, as in not until you board. There is absolutely no consistency in my experience!

• Like 2

@Kitty Ellas Mom production shows do not change that often, so would assume they are still the same.  Here's what we had on Caribbean Princess 10nt Panama canal in December 2022: Bravo, Broadway Ballroom & Fantastic Journey.  I missed Fantastic Journey, but the first two were very enjoyable.  all the other nights were "guest entertainers" - Comedians, Vocalists, Magicians, etc which change by sailing

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

20 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Could be MUCH later, as in not until you board. There is absolutely no consistency in my experience!

It probably varies depending on the performers. The app is showing some shows for my upcoming cruise, mostly the stuff mentioned in emails which I guess is done by the resident entertainers, plus one of the guest vocalists, but there's still lots of gaps which will probably be filled by other guest entertainers who haven't yet joined the ship

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

My cruise is 1 month out & all the shows are already added on my app