No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

I don’t see Moët listed anywhere. I don’t see any acceptable replacement for Veuve on the plus package- Rose isn’t going to cut it for me - I’ll be canceling the plus package and am very disappointed 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brian V said:

It may not be a popular opinion but we would rather pay a little more for our cruise than to have to deal with the cutbacks in the beverage, food, and entertainment departments. We love the ships and the general atmosphere, and the crew have always been above and beyond for us.

I don't mind upcharges for speciality items, but the extra charge for the filet in Le Bistro doesn't make sense because it's not that much more expensive than some of the other items. I did write in a comment card that I would rather pay more money for the wine tasting to get some better quality. The stuff they served earlier this month on the Gem tasted like swill off a grocery store shelf. The lobster bisque in Cagney's had zero lobster and my husband actually liked the tomato bisque in the MDR much better than that one. However, we both were surprised at how good the buffet was.  There were always healthy choices available and something for everyone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JinxyB said:

I don’t see Moët listed anywhere. I don’t see any acceptable replacement for Veuve on the plus package- Rose isn’t going to cut it for me - I’ll be canceling the plus package and am very disappointed 

You're right - it's not listed. However, it should be instead of the Rose. I'll have an open mind and try it when I sail in December. But I'm not happy with this change. 

• Like 1

On my last cruise with NCL we enjoyed excellent bottles of wine at dinner, a nice glass of veuve here and there, and ice wine for desert.  When I debated switching to a Disney cruise this summer part of the decision to continue with NCL was the great beverages and Plus package.  I have two more cruises I’m committed to with NCL, and interested to see how they go, but between the mayhem of website risks like we saw recently, and downgrades of service and drinks, it is highly likely Disney or another line will get our next cruise dollars.  A glass of champagne is a small thing but ultimately part of the decision tree and relevant.

• Like 6

Yes, the “such as” seems to be the loop hole. However, could that mean they just want to open up to other vendor contracts? Like, maybe they will have some better options, but they don’t want to promise one brand? When is everyone cruising? I won’t be able to report back until after my cruise on the bliss August 12-19.

• Like 3

I cruising on Encore Oct 22. I agree with cruisebeachgirl703 about the champagne/sparkling choices. I was pretty excited about this as I'm not impressed with their wine selection. Now this and no Miller Lite?? I'm not much of a cocktail drinker, so....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rather be in Hawaii said:

I sail Monday May 1st on getaway when these changes start. I agree that I feel sorry for the bartenders that. Will be hearing complaints when it is out of  their control. My husband upgraded to the premium plus package as a gift to me since I really wanted the Veuve. We will be in Haven so I’m curious if they will have any leftover from current cruise. A current passenger on getaway said that they were still pouring Veuve. (Though changes would not have been in place yet)

I’ll ask Francis the Haven bartender if it’s true that the Veuve will still be available by the glass.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, dachengdao said:

My husband likes Enigma, and thankfully it is still there.

We just off the Bliss 2 weeks ago and they wouldn't serve my husband the Enigma or the Terra because they had to save it for the Whiskey tastings

We were very frustrated!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dachengdao said:

I don't mind upcharges for speciality items, but the extra charge for the filet in Le Bistro doesn't make sense because it's not that much more expensive than some of the other items. I did write in a comment card that I would rather pay more money for the wine tasting to get some better quality. The stuff they served earlier this month on the Gem tasted like swill off a grocery store shelf. The lobster bisque in Cagney's had zero lobster and my husband actually liked the tomato bisque in the MDR much better than that one. However, we both were surprised at how good the buffet was.  There were always healthy choices available and something for everyone. 

The Le Bistro has foie gras.  Nothing I would want.

So I asked the bartender in the Haven, not Francis as he wasn’t there yet, and he said as far as he knows it’s true that for now the Veuve will not be there as of May 1. 
He did say that NCL will often reverse decisions based on guest feedback.

Please folks it’s not the bartenders decision and fault so direct your outrage to guest services or better yet NCL corporate!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Arrow34 said:

I am just going to screen shot this from the app and point it out when I ask for veuve and what are they going to sub it with....Screenshot_20230427-225314.thumb.png.9aa31c6fc2d4f8a5bc024cee42db4b76.png

I think terms and conditions will be the “loophole”

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

I found this on wine.com. For me not an appealing description. 

Winemaker Notes

A festive salmon pink,with a subtle tinge of rust. 

And here I was just thinking it would be too sweet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 22KristenB said:

Yes, the “such as” seems to be the loop hole. However, could that mean they just want to open up to other vendor contracts? Like, maybe they will have some better options, but they don’t want to promise one brand? When is everyone cruising? I won’t be able to report back until after my cruise on the bliss August 12-19.

I will be on the getaway on Monday 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justhappy said:

So I asked the bartender in the Haven, not Francis as he wasn’t there yet, and he said as far as he knows it’s true that for now the Veuve will not be there as of May 1. 
He did say that NCL will often reverse decisions based on guest feedback.

Please folks it’s not the bartenders decision and fault so direct your outrage to guest services or better yet NCL corporate!

Thank you for checking just happy. Since I cruise May 1st when new list is implemented I doubt anything will change. I will survive without it. 😉😊

18 hours ago, Juncti said:

Yeah my wife won't be happy. We both liked the ice wine as a nice little after dinner drink. She also was obsessed with Veuve. We don't sail again until next March so who knows how much it'll change between now and then but I'll have to keep an eye out.

One thing I did notice on the newest list, Crown is back down to regular beverage package level. Last 2 trips it was on the upgraded package. Didn't think I'd see anything move back down to lower tier. 

Saw that too.  Our Haven Prima trip it was $1 or a $1.25 + grat.  Classy, NOT.

4 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Seriously the Pommery Brut Rose Champagne is a really decent and highly rated Champagne, it's more of a blush than a rose.

Just an aside about Pommery, folks, if you really want to treat yourselves to something special, get a bottle of Pommery Cuvee Louise (on land, of course).  🙂 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1