Cambodia visa

kec

Hi everyone

I need to get a Cambodia tourist visa. I cant find an embassy or consulate in Brisbane.

E-visa is not an option as it is not valid by entry by sea onboard cruise ship.

Can someone please share their process on applying for visa in Australia. TIA.

50 minutes ago, kec said:

Hi everyone

I need to get a Cambodia tourist visa. I cant find an embassy or consulate in Brisbane.

Cambodia has a 'visa on arrival' scheme for Australians. Who are you cruising with? They should be able to confirm whether the visa will be arranged on the ship for you.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

As mentioned, if the ship isn't organising the Visa prior to arrival, you will do it once you enter Cambodia at the port.

I gave my daughter some Thai money to pay the visa on arrival.  There were visa problems on the land border.  Bad mistake!  She was taken into a private room and accused of using forged money.  Eventually they let her out and she had to return the next day.  Frantic phone calls later, I told her it was old Thai money, still current. 

Solved next day, but they kept the change!!

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I gave my daughter some Thai money to pay the visa on arrival.  There were visa problems on the land border.  Bad mistake!  She was taken into a private room and accused of using forged money.  Eventually they let her out and she had to return the next day.  Frantic phone calls later, I told her it was old Thai money, still current. 

It was on a weekend and local banks weren't open.  

10 hours ago, kec said:

Hi everyone

When we were in Cambodia on QM2 Cunard arranged the Visa, so contact your cruise line first if that is the way you are travelling.

9 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I suppose they wanted their own currency or perhaps USD.

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I suppose they wanted their own currency or perhaps USD.

They took Thai because they shared a common border.  They just hadn’t seen old Thai, so they said. Their accommodation had their suspicions!!

19 hours ago, Kellyansapansa said:

Cambodia has a 'visa on arrival' scheme for Australians. Who are you cruising with? They should be able to confirm whether the visa will be arranged on the ship for you.

I will be cruising with NCL. Yes they can arrange for the visa for $99 USD. But for 4 of us that that cost too much.

I know it's cheaper if I arrange it myself. 

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer said:

It will also depend on whether kec is travelling on an Australian passport. If not things might be very different.

I'm travelling with Australian passport.

The Cambodia wasn't in the original itinerary, they replaced Phu Quoc to Sihanoukville which doesn't seem to be an interesting port to me.

6 minutes ago, kec said:

I will be cruising with NCL. Yes they can arrange for the visa for $99 USD. But for 4 of us that that cost too much.

I know it's cheaper if I arrange it myself. 

From the Cambodia Embassy website:

A Cambodian visa is required for all Australians visiting or residing in Cambodia. Tourists can apply for an e-visa online or get a tourist visa on arrival. These are valid for 30 days. For longer stays or other situations, get a visa through an embassy or consulate of Cambodia.

As you are arriving via cruise ship, you are not eligible for the e-visa. Your other option is to visit the Cambodian embassy in Canberra.

The US$99 fee on arrival through NCL appears to be the cheapest option.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

I think I would just be sucking up the NCL visa option - at least you know it is done and is correct and no hassles. 

Agree with you when we did QM2 Sydney to HK in 2017, ship did our Cambodian visas, easy.

• Like 2

I would do the ship way. Less hassle. YOu got to be careful when doing any online visa application that you get the offical site (if applicable).

Last time I got a Cambodian Visa was a land border. And it took ages.

Edited by icat2000