Vista in all her beauty

mauibabes

The Friends and Family cruise set sail yesterday on her way to Valletta Malta for her Christening. It can be viewed on line, noon PST and adjust your clocks accordingly. 
I thought We’d share some photos my DW pulled off the various sites. I did not include any photos from the Sunday Brunch but I can assure you no one is “starving” and it looks amazing. The Chef ratio is 1 per 10 passengers so they are taking good care to maintain “The Finest Cuisine at Sea”. 

ENJOY, AND BYE THE WAY, SHE HAS STARLINK 👍🤪🤙

Mauibabes

IMG_0368.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpeg

IMG_0367.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

IMG_7464.jpeg

IMG_7466.jpeg

IMG_7467.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7473.jpeg

IMG_7474.jpeg

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7477.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7481.jpeg

IMG_7482.jpeg

IMG_7483.jpeg

IMG_7486.jpeg

IMG_7487.jpeg

IMG_7494.jpeg

IMG_7495.jpeg

IMG_7497.jpeg

IMG_7502.jpeg

IMG_7516.jpeg

IMG_7513.jpeg

IMG_7514.jpeg

IMG_7512.jpeg

IMG_7509.jpeg

IMG_7517.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

Thank you forbtaking the time to share these pictures.  I sail in November and chose this cruise because of the new ship.  Looks like there is much to love!  I’ll drink to that!🥂🍸

It sure looks to me that the Terrace Cafe outdoors is covered from the sun and rain which will make dining great out there.  Of course those who like to be under the stars, you will have to fake it a bit.

MomC, we will be back on Vista in October just to make sure Vista is ready for you. 

From what we have seen and heard from some  others on board now, everything looks to be exceptional. No one wants to let Frank down as Vista is really an amazing creation by the consummate professional of the cruise industry. What a way to say goodbye as he heads into retirement. We have sailed on O for over 15 years and talked to staff in Miami and from travel agencies and he is revered as a leader and visionary and down right “Great Person”. 
Thank You Frank, and we look forward to meeting you on Saturday at the Meet and Greet with Bruce and Marilyn and the Cool Chile’s. 
Mauibabes

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

It sure looks to me that the Terrace Cafe outdoors is covered from the sun and rain which will make dining great out there.  Of course those who like to be under the stars, you will have to fake it a bit.

So are you  onboard now ??

Most look like stock photos  from the brochures/internet 

Not us on the F and F cruise, we board on Saturday in Civitavecchia.  The photos I have added here are ones my DW has seen on FB and other guests postings. I just wanted the CC posters to see more of Vista asap. 
Bags packed and ready even though we don’t fly until Thursday evening.  
Mauibabes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for sharing.  Yesterday, aboard the Insignia,  our Oceania Ambassador Cella, during her future cruises presentation, displayed some of those same photos on the big screens, with an interesting comparison between the initial artist’s renderings, and the actual photos.

When you board, if possible, could you take and post a better view of the  seating area “up front” in the Horizon Lounge?  It doesn’t appear to offer the sweeping view that the ‘R’ class ships do.

Hoping that I am interpreting the photo incorrectly.  
Otherwise, I agree that the Vista appears fabulous!🙂

Just for comparison…

IMG_3201.jpeg

Edited by bob brown
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mauibabes said:

It sure looks to me that the Terrace Cafe outdoors is covered from the sun and rain which will make dining great out there. Of course those who like to be under the stars, you will have to fake it a bit.

At the cruise fares they're charging for Vista, doubt we'll be on her before 2025 at the earliest. And that's fine with us. We'll continue to enjoy Riviera and Sirena AND eat under the stars in the TC.

@MEFIowa

By then you will be able to cruise on Allura as well as Vista. Allura itineraries go on sale in August for her mid to late 2025 Inaugural sailings. I would not expect to see any more  Bargain Hunter’s Paradise Sales,  so yes, the prices will be up. I had read the cost of the two Allura Class ships was over $660 million each and do not know if that includes all the art and other accoutrements. Somehow they have to make up that $11 B hole that was created during the Covid shutdown and Survival efforts over two plus years.  Yes, all cruising will cost more🤪🤙.

Looking forward to boarding  Vista  Saturday.  We got a scare this a.m. with a AA.com email telling us our flight to FCO was cancelled.  A quick check of flights to replace ours, a mere $11,000+ pp for Biz Class one way. Sure glad it was just a time change and not a complete flight cancellation. If we were to have to book today in Economy Standard, it was over $2400 pp one way. With this kind of pricing, the cruise fares might be considered “cheap” or at least a “bargain” in comparison.  
Just  love the airlines and their version of dynamic pricing 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Ciao,

Mauibabes

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 1:08 PM, mauibabes said:

@MEFIowa

By then you will be able to cruise on Allura as well as Vista. Allura itineraries go on sale in August for her mid to late 2025 Inaugural sailings. I would not expect to see any more  Bargain Hunter’s Paradise Sales,  so yes, the prices will be up. I had read the cost of the two Allura Class ships was over $660 million each and do not know if that includes all the art and other accoutrements. Somehow they have to make up that $11 B hole that was created during the Covid shutdown and Survival efforts over two plus years.  Yes, all cruising will cost more🤪🤙.

Looking forward to boarding  Vista  Saturday.  We got a scare this a.m. with a AA.com email telling us our flight to FCO was cancelled.  A quick check of flights to replace ours, a mere $11,000+ pp for Biz Class one way. Sure glad it was just a time change and not a complete flight cancellation. If we were to have to book today in Economy Standard, it was over $2400 pp one way. With this kind of pricing, the cruise fares might be considered “cheap” or at least a “bargain” in comparison.  
Just  love the airlines and their version of dynamic pricing 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Ciao,

Mauibabes

Hi,

That flight cost would have been nuts. So glad you made it. 

Thanks for this Vista info. Looks fantastic.  Can't wait for our Vists Panama Canal in November.