Vista interior for 4?

Thaffey

Booking on Vista for December of 2024- two adults and two teenagers in an interior room. Looking for the most economical option, with some level of comfort. Would a standard interior or the family harbor provide more space? Not really concerned about any other FH amenities, just the best use of space. There’s $140 difference between them. Thanks. 

Hi @Thaffey🙂

Its definitely going to be a tight fit, but doable.

Be sure to Google; Vista Interior Cabins That Sleep 4. There are many photos & videos.

Good luck!

Vista Interior Sleeps 4

20230508-173738.jpg

⬇️ Here's a video (below) of a Family Harbor Interior that sleeps 4

Vista Oceanview Sleeps 4

20230508-180042.jpg

Addional/Helpful Vista Info Click On Link:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3181/~/carnival-vista-(vs)-staterooms-and-ship-features

🍹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaffey said:

Booking on Vista for December of 2024- two adults and two teenagers in an interior room. Looking for the most economical option, with some level of comfort. Would a standard interior or the family harbor provide more space? Not really concerned about any other FH amenities, just the best use of space. There’s $140 difference between them. Thanks. 

Have you priced out two insides (1 adult, 1 teen in each cabin, then just switch up when on the ship)? It's only slightly more than four in one inside and a MUCH BETTER use of extra funds than upgrading to a family harbor cabin.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

Or one outside for yourself and one inside for your kids.  Plus nice for "couples time," well worth the extra cash, for you to "enjoy your marriage."  The "Griswold's on vacation," is not my cup of tea. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

A OV is quite a bit larger than a standard inside, 170 sf vs 220 sf. 

I'd price a OV for 4 before I'd do a inside. 

I did just that and it's the same cost as 2 insides. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 5:22 PM, Thaffey said:

It appears that both of those interior rooms are the same (185 sq ft). The Family Harbour room provides access to the lounge in that area.

Use this website for comparisons in cabin sizes. Carnival Vista Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos (cruisedeckplans.com)

My suggestion would to be consider 2 interior rooms OR 1 interior/ 1 oceanview OR 1 interior/ 1 balcony. 

24 minutes ago, wenocancer2 said:

I would agree with those suggesting two rooms, whether two insides, or OV and inside or adjoining.  It is worth the price for the extra room and the extra bathroom and shower!! 

me too!  Although I did read a trip review recently where the husband got ready in the spa each day to alleviate some of the bathroom concerns.  Might be something to consider if you do move forward with 4 in a room. 

• Like 1

With so many suggesting you should get 2 rooms, I can't help but chime in and say you have a plan that is very doable and can save a lot of money (sometimes enough to take a second cruise!) 🙂.  We have put 2 parents and 2 teens in an interior cabin several times and it was just fine (in fact now that my kids are all adults, I really miss those days and look back on those trips fondly. 

We were almost always in the cabin at opposite times.  We tend to get up early and hit the track, whereas the teens would stay out late and sleep until noon.  There is so much to do and so many places to go (other than your cabin) that we spent very little time in the room (pretty much were there just to sleep).  A couple organizational tips/tricks that I still use today (even though it's usually just the 2 of us) - bring a portable/pop-up laundry hamper (it folds flat into about a 10 inch square - easily fits in my carry-on).  A portable shoe organizer can also be helpful (especially if the teens are girls).🙂

Have a great trip!  

The problem these days is they no longer put the pullmans up in the morning/take them down at night, so they'll be right at neck-level all cruise. The room will be very tight. But yeah if you only need the room to sleep and bathe - it's doable. I wouldn't want to do it for 8 nights but for a 3-5 night cruise I could make it happen.

I tried to save money by booking my wifes sister in our room.. Panorama Havana inside.  @mz-s is correct, they don't put the pullmans up.  The bed was left in the down position all cruise.  If your not careful you can bump your head when getting up off of the bed.  

And while the outside rooms are larger, that's mostly because of the sofa - which will be made up as a bed all cruise, so I personally wouldn't pay for it. They used to convert between sofa during the day and bed at night, but no more. Yet we pay the same gratuities, actually more.