Prime Ocean view Stateroom

1 hour ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

We booked Prime Ocean View stateroom, deck 8 forward, stateroom 8101.   We usually book Veranda, midship. 🤔 Can someone please tell me if this stateroom  in forward will be noticeably rough (we don't get seasick)? 

We have been sailed 8107 and 8108 (S class) quite a lot and have not found the motion to be that bad--and I get seasick very easily.  But, yes, a lot will depend on the seas.

Those outside cabins have quite a lot of space!

• Like 1

That location will experience more/different motion than other locations. I personally enjoy it and tend to book forward or aft cabins. People who are prone to seasickness or prefer less motion won't like it. 

It also depends on the seas... Sometimes dead calm other times quite rough. If the seas are dead calm, you won't feel much motion at all.

5 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I was in 8106 on Reflection and there was no movement at all but we were in the Mediterranean with calm seas. It was a great spacious cabin and we loved the location. The amount of movement will depend on the seas.

The Med can be rough. I was on a 12-night in the Med on RCCL in a forward facing cabin, and the final day and night we were cutting across the Med back to Barcelona. Per the Captain's noon report, smooth sailing was predicted all the way in. Around 2am I was awakened by what I thought sounded like waves crashing over the bow. I pulled the curtain back, keeping the light off, and sure enough, we were in the midst of a pop-up storm with gale force winds (I was fascinated and turned the tv onto the Bridge Report channel. We were rolling big time - I pulled all the hangers off the rod and put them on the floor because they were banging (it being the last night and nothing hanging on them). I have zero issues with motion, so I was LOVING it - but at the final breakfast in the Windjammer there were many, many green people who were not eating anything.

Just pointing out that ANY time you're on the water things can pop up.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We have been sailed 8107 and 8108 (S class) quite a lot and have not found the motion to be that bad--and I get seasick very easily.  But, yes, a lot will depend on the seas.

Those outside cabins have quite a lot of space!

I like the sounds of the cabin space.  Thank you for all your replies. 

I've booked Eclipse in November in a Prime Oceanview on Deck 8.  2nd Celebrity cruise; prior was 7114 on Solstice, third forward cabin on the ship - ie nearly at the Prime Oceanview spots.  Had no issue with motion on our one day with moderate seas.  There was some anchor noise, but not bad.  We did not use the balcony because it was chilly weather.

So I figured that an Oceanview on the bow would be OK for noise and motion.  And November is chilly.

It does seem the window is placed in the room at the same relative place as all windowed/balconied cabins. 

Questions I have are - does the window make one feel weird, given that it is up higher and angled, and can you see out of it while sitting on the couch, chair, or bed?  Oh, and how clear/clean is the window?

21 minutes ago, greenbeanie said:

I've booked Eclipse in November in a Prime Oceanview on Deck 8.  2nd Celebrity cruise; prior was 7114 on Solstice, third forward cabin on the ship - ie nearly at the Prime Oceanview spots.  Had no issue with motion on our one day with moderate seas.  There was some anchor noise, but not bad.  We did not use the balcony because it was chilly weather.

So I figured that an Oceanview on the bow would be OK for noise and motion.  And November is chilly.

It does seem the window is placed in the room at the same relative place as all windowed/balconied cabins. 

Questions I have are - does the window make one feel weird, given that it is up higher and angled, and can you see out of it while sitting on the couch, chair, or bed?  Oh, and how clear/clean is the window?

We have been in the S-class Family Veranda cabins (aka Ultra Deluxe Balcony) six times so far.  Those cabins have two windows facing the front of the ship similar in design to the Prime Oceanview cabins adjacent to them.  

I did not consider the windows to be too high but that is a matter of opinion.  I have posted a couple of photos (one with a chair next to it) to let you decide.

The sharp angle of the windows will cause you to accidentally bump your head on occasion until you get trained on how close to the window you can stand.  

image.thumb.jpeg.70afa152c92f8ec8a1b4022e86b88838.jpeg

Solstice, FV 8107, Dec 2019

image.thumb.jpeg.4c89c51ed2e0f0615964cd1bd6fcf6fd.jpeg

Reflection, FV 8107, Jan 2019

• Like 1

7 hours ago, greenbeanie said:

In 8106 on Reflection there was noise each morning from the anchor or ropes being deployed and also vibration from the thrusters. It did not worry us as we are up early but it could disturb others. We did not have any motion as we had calm seas but if the seas were rough there would be movement.

We could see out of the window from the couch and bed but could not see the ocean or helipad unless we were standing. This was our cabin 8106.

IMG20220603140500.thumb.jpg.4cfe7a18d38d5ccadba77bd741b30b05.jpg

Our window was fairly clean and I could take photos through it. This photos was taken through the window early one morning in Katakolon.

IMG20220605052346.thumb.jpg.2d16878ca08aa3ee76bb300596b90b1d.jpg

We loved this cabin and would happily stay in it again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, greenbeanie said:

Awesome, thanks mahdnc and purple traveller!

Now I have to map Katakolon. as I've never even heard of it!

You're very welcome! 

Katakolon is in Greece and the port for Olympia. A very pretty village where we had a wonderful day visiting Olympia and walking around the village.

IMG20220605140207.thumb.jpg.f57077151f66c10243a084b7acacc1eb.jpg

IMG20220605122718.thumb.jpg.7c22d0aac34a6e57d881e0f45885b1a5.jpg

• Like 1

One thing about Forward OV staterooms-if you are at a tender port and the ship anchors out you will definitely Hear when they drop the Anchors!☺️ If that’s at O dark thirty it’s a real wake-up call.

In searching for photos/videos of these forward-facing OV cabins on S-class ships, I notice that on one of the youtube videos there are 2 extra chairs placed in the open space in front of the sloping window.

Can't find that video or I would link it. But I sure hope that we get those chairs on our upcoming Eclipse cruises!

• 2 months later...