Carnival Venezia maiden voyage live

One of these pics show the double walls from medieval times.  You can see the earlier-built wall right-side and the more modern wall added centuries later,  left-side.  The paella looked great but I read too many reviews of that place saying the food is mediocre and overpriced. 

20230520_053734.jpg

20230520_053920.jpg

20230520_073600.jpg

20230520_054019.jpg

20230520_063526.jpg

20230520_062032.jpg

20230520_054457.jpg

20230520_061035.jpg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

No, seeing bulls put in a no-win situation and tortured while bleeding out is not my idea of sport or fun. But once in a while I enjoy foie gras so I'm a conflicted hypocrite. It just tastes so amazing. 

There was one last night and it was a hit with the locals in the sports bars.

So that’s all it is? Bill fights? It’s not a guy fighting a lion or anything? I was thinking gladiator stuff.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

So that’s all it is? Bill fights? It’s not a guy fighting a lion or anything? I was thinking gladiator stuff.

And concerts,  like Simple Minds.  I think bullfighting started when Iberia was the country that is now Spain, but the borders were different then and included some of South Gaul (now France) and the culture and people stayed the same even after towns like Arles became part of France. European history is one of those things where the more I learn,  the more I realize "the less I know".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

And concerts,  like Simple Minds.  I think bullfighting started when Iberia was the country that is now Spain, but the borders were different then and included some of South Gaul (now France) and the culture and people stayed the same even after towns like Arles became part of France. European history is one of those things where the more I learn,  the more I realize "the less I know".

Many years ago we went to see bullfighting in Seville, Spain. It's organized somewhat like a rodeo/bull riding where you have junior toreadors to start and the 'headliners' later. We stayed almost 3 hours and It was a fascinating experience, full of culture and traditions. Bloody and brutal, that too, but I'm glad to have attended. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 6:32 AM, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Oh man, I am a dummy.  I thought he was going over there beforehand to do some training.... like he had international affiliates of a company he was going to to receive or give training.  Not to do some "training", like ALL ABOARD! ChooChoo.  Carry on.... where were we? 🤪🤣

💯 me too.  I assumed a travel agent and was super jelly.  Following along.  Thanks for taking us along on your journey! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Explains all the Paella!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

If they do bring it back you should stop by once. It’s not a straight up hairy chest contest. It’s about entertaining the crowd. I’ve seen a dude out there looking like a seal win it. 

I have no idea how much chest hair seals have.  But I googled seal and see a bunch of back hair. Did he have really long whiskers?

Screenshot_20230520-152946_Google.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

First the young maitre d tried to tell me they don't accept reservations from The Fork (a reservation service used by most of the restaurants I booked at). I told him The Fork reservation was a link I used on their website and he got huffy mumbled something in French and called the manager.  The manager said "I'm sorry Messr, we haven't used The Fork for 20 days. I showed him the confirmation,  showing the reservation was confirmed May 4. He apologized and said "we are full" so off I go. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

First the young maitre d tried to tell me they don't accept reservations from The Fork (a reservation service used by most of the restaurants I booked at). I told him The Fork reservation was a link I used on their website and he got huffy mumbled something in French and called the manager.  The manager said "I'm sorry Messr, we haven't used The Fork for 20 days. I showed him the confirmation,  showing the reservation was confirmed May 4. He apologized and said "we are full" so off I go. 

That's crappy!:classic_angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

CC needs more reaction options. mine would've been 😮 then 😔 to this. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I remember living in London and seeing Citroens.  Funky little VW Bug-like cars.  So cute!  I wanted one😄

44656186434_4fc4493575_b.jpg (1024×649)

And then there's this thing I've only seen a few of, two-seater. Less than 4' high. I think the wheels are about 9".

20230520_133822.jpg

• Like 7

Found a place open late and the server didn't really want to bring the ketchup. It was gooood. Fries were good too, not crispy but not oily either.  Potatoey flavor and skin on like I like'm.  And the limoncello spritz was good. Finished with a cappuccino instead of dessert  and it was great. 

20230520_135753.jpg

20230520_144201.jpg

20230520_151249.jpg

20230520_152153.jpg

• Like 8