Legendary Med

mame42

33 minutes ago, mame42 said:

Does anyone have the itinerary for the 4 Nov 2024 Legendary Med on the Volendam?

Following!

I put down $100 pre deposit yesterday.  My PCC claimed that she didn't know the itinerary or the ship but later admitted she can't release that info. now.

The cruise should go "live" next Wednesday or Thursday.

• Like 1

The legendary Med being talked about on the world cruise was longer than this one. And November??  No thank you.  The ports are really disappointing.  No France, no Turkey, Athens the only Greek Stop and only 1 Spanish Port They should be taking advantage of her size not doing the run of the mill ports.  Really disappointed. I was looking forward to this one.  

Edited by Cruise Junky
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

The legendary Med being talked about on the world cruise was longer than this one. And November??  No thank you.  The ports are really disappointing.  No France, no Turkey, Athens the only Greek Stop and only 1 Spanish Port They should be taking advantage of her size not doing the run of the mill ports.  Really disappointed. I was looking forward to this one.  

This is the price they pay by catering to those who don't want to fly to and from the US.  Two Trans Atlantic portions take up a lot of days.  There probably is better value in a Repositioning Trans Atlantic, preceded by a couple of Med cruises. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, weeislayman said:

This is the price they pay by catering to those who don't want to fly to and from the US.  Two Trans Atlantic portions take up a lot of days.  There probably is better value in a Repositioning Trans Atlantic, preceded by a couple of Med cruises. 

Exactly.  I like my 28 day NS cruise better but flights would be required.  

0D19CE33-83D2-4ABD-85F3-34D2384BD083.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

What time of year is this cruise offered?  I'm guessing it is also late fall (or early spring) since they're including Egypt. No Israel though....

5 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Nice...!  We go home to Scotland most years.  On the way back to Ottawa, we do something on the ground in Europe, followed by a TA to Florida.  Don't mind flying over to Europe, but the boat ride back is quite relaxing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

What time of year is this cruise offered?  I'm guessing it is also late fall (or early spring) since they're including Egypt. No Israel though....

Leaves Copenhagen September 7th, 2024.  The 2023 version does not have the overnight in Egypt.  There is a 14 day after this that I believe has Israel included.  

4 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Leaves Copenhagen September 7th, 2024.  The 2023 version does not have the overnight in Egypt.  There is a 14 day after this that I believe has Israel included.  

Will keep an eye on this one for future; I do like the itinerary. I'm already committed to six weeks in Florence in Fall 2024 though....  Terrible, right?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, weeislayman said:

I agree - nothing wrong with Europe in October and November - not too hot and way far less tourists 🙂   This one is all set for next year.  

IMG_0535.thumb.jpeg.6d68b4882b451cbd8cc63f9060a2ae47.jpeg

We had been to Israel and both Israel & Africa concern me in case of unrest and itinerary changes so I’m happy with this one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vinonme2 said:

I don't think this "Atlantic Adventure" is the Legendary Med cruise.  If I remember correctly, the year given for the Leg. Med. cruise was 2025.  

I agree and I think 56 days or something close.