What ship will be sailing from Southampton in 2025?

10 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Wow would be exciting if he keeps to his word. However things change. 

But will be interesting to see where she goes after April 2025 as before that shes in Florida/Bahamas 

I dont want to wish time away but roll on of it does happen. 

Personally, I think Icon will stay in Miami and think the chances of a UK deployment are very very slim. Depending on at what point in 2025 Icon 2 is delivered, I believe it may be positioned in the med carrying out the usual 7-day cruises. This would give Royal an opportunity to showcase Icon class in Europe.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

*FURTHER UPDATE 2*

All scheduled calls for Odyssey in Le Havre (France) have now also been replaced with Independence. I wonder if they are just having one ship, Independence, as I haven’t seen any mention of other ships along the Southampton routes? If so, this would be a real shock to me as at one point Royal were talking about increasing Southampton capacity, never mind reducing it!

Talk about handing the Southampton market to the competition on a plate… 🤦‍♀️

Edited by little britain
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Wow would be exciting if he keeps to his word. However things change. 

I dont want to wish time away but roll on of it does happen. 

He said that over a year ago. Asia & Australia were still closed. The US market still hadn’t fully bounced back. A lot has changed since, not least a new CEO with his own strategy. Sadly, treat it like a politician’s election pledge. Well-meaning but ultimately hollow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

I agree. But they’ll spin it as the return of an old friend, by popular demand. She did have plenty of fans in the UK among the traditionalists. And they’re less price sensitive.

1 hour ago, sowhat said:

I can envisage  Royal  Caribbean  down grading ships to the UK market  as  people  are  not willing  to spend  money on expensive  cruise vacations.

Micheal  Bayley  quote.

"Stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship.

“We’ll do a huge trade event in the UK and Ireland – we’ll invite all of our travel partners to see the biggest, best, most stunning exciting product on the planet. I can’t commit on the date."

But  the plans have changed  and  UK is going  to be down graded from Anthem  to Independence  if the posts are correct  here on cruise critic 

Unless she swings past in early January - I doubt whether Mr B will be keeping his promise…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

Unless she swings past in early January - I doubt whether Mr B will be keeping his promise…

Of course he never actually promised any revenue sailings out of Southampton. She could just stop off for a few hours en route from Turku - long enough to show her off to trade/media/influencers - before she heads straight to Miami.

34 minutes ago, little britain said:

Hello,

I've got both the newest Cunarder and P&O booked in the first quarter of 2025 and a gap reserved in the second for MSC when it becomes available.

I guess if we do have an old rust-bucket from RCI then it should be dirt cheap or come with lots of free goodies.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, little britain said:

Hello,

What I'm waiting for is the merger of the C&A and Captain's Clubs as he said on a President's cruise. I'm not holding my breath.

Regards,

Cublet

12 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Of course he never actually promised any revenue sailings out of Southampton. She could just stop off for a few hours en route from Turku - long enough to show her off to trade/media/influencers - before she heads straight to Miami.

No he said it would be a media / travel partner event… 2n around the Isle of Wight!  I went on a 2n NCL from Southampton in January once and the weather was superb! 

18 hours ago, GlasgowCruiser01 said:

<snip>

Royal have just got too obsessed with that bloody cash cow by the name of CocoCay...

Hello,

Perhaps the solution would be to induce Royal to buy/lease an island, either wholly or in part, off our south coast and build a playground there.

Now we can have a game thinking which island and of a name for the resort.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

No he said it would be a media / travel partner event… 2n around the Isle of Wight!  I went on a 2n NCL from Southampton in January once and the weather was superb! 

They could still do that.

A 2 night media event early January so he keeps his word, then sail to America for a few media events before entering service. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

A 2 night media event early January so he keeps his word, then sail to America for a few media events before entering service. 

Yes, very possible.

Although that would be like saying “hey UK, come and look at our amazing new toy. You can’t play with it though! Ha ha! But don’t worry, we’re sending you one of our really tired old toys to play with instead! You’re welcome!” 

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

I agree. But they’ll spin it as the return of an old friend, by popular demand. She did have plenty of fans in the UK among the traditionalists. And they’re less price sensitive.

I get that there will still be fans of Indy, much like how there will be loyal fans of Anthem. Although, since the Covid restart, a large percentage of passengers are ‘new to cruise’ or at least new to the brand. I can’t see people being attracted to what will be a 17 year old ship in 2025, which lacks many of the thrills that Royal are known for, especially with the likes of NCL Prima and MSC Virtuosa/Euribia being homeported here. Also, if they continue to price like 2024, but on Indy in 2025, I could see their market share going down significantly as much better deals are to be had on newer ships, like those mentioned above.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I believe that Icon is going straight from Turku to Cadiz, Spain, where Central Park will have its plants installed due to warmer weather. As a result, it will have to bypass Southampton as it won’t be fully ready, so I can’t see them bringing her back up when it’s much easier to go straight across the pond. Although, there could possibly be a trade event in the Med (Barcelona) like there was for Wonder pre-revenue sailings, which would allow them to show off their new toy to Europe and UK agents. 

• Like 1

I knew the moment they released details about Icon that she would never be going anywhere near Southampton. And to be fair, it's probably best off that she sticks to the bog-standard 7 night Caribbean runs from Miami, best place for a new ship to start and the ideal climate for the waterslides. Maybe at some point, an Icon Class will end up in Barcelona but that's it.

• Like 1

Hello,

According to a TA promotional Deployment Summary dated 1st June 2023, Odyssey is colour coded 'Caribbean' for November 2024 - April 2025 (inclusive) with text "7-Night Bahamas | BYE"; Anthem is colour coded 'Repositioning' with text "Coming Soon" and Independence is colour coded 'Caribbean' with text "4/5-Night Caribbean | MIA".

Ovation and Quantum are both in Australia and New Zealand and nothing is showing in Europe in that time frame.

Regards,

Cublet

49 minutes ago, Mike.S said:

A number of cruise lines are already releasing their 2025 summer and autumn sailings, you'd think Royal would do the same rather than waiting until November.

Every year people say the same thing and every year Royal releases in the fall.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

19 hours ago, twangster said:

Every year people say the same thing and every year Royal releases in the fall.  🤷‍♂️

Hello,

And every year people (sometimes the same people) ask on CC "When is Royal releasing its.............."

Regards,

Cublet