Why is everyone still cruising with P&O ?

Yorkypete

12 hours ago, Lucysnan said:

We have booked our first cruise at the end of June to the Norwegian Fjords on Britannia and were so excited and looking forward to it, but now, having read all the posts recently, we are extremely worried and not so sure we have done the right thing booking this cruise as everything seems so negative.

Don't be put off by the negativity that sometimes abounds on here.  Most posts that have negative content contain some sort of counterbalance regarding other aspects of their cruise.  Or the poster may have posted balanced or positive reviews elsewhere. 

I maybe have been a bit guilty of posting a negative post regarding smoking on balconies, however I have posted on other threads about the same cruise commenting on the positives on the same cruise.  The proof of the pudding is in the eating... we've got several more P &O cruises on our books, totalling over 100 nights.

Unfortunately there do appear to be a few naysayers around, which happens from time to time.  Such is life on this/these forums.

As others have said, go with an open mind, and have a great time.  The fjords are fantastic.

• Like 13

12 hours ago, happy v said:

Don't worry you will love it and be back for more.

We were on in October. I was looking on the boards before we went. Everything was doom and gloom. We had one of our best cruises. Not because of the ports but the atmosphere on the ship. After a rubbish couple of years everyone was determined to enjoy themselves. I think that is still happening.

Also I have been coming on here for a few years now and people have been complaining all that time!😄

🙂🙂

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

Go with an open mind, as others have already mentioned, most people don't have issues or problems.  We have done the Fjords twice, on Azura in 2018 and Iona last year.  We will be going again in June 2024 on Britannia.  Can't wait to go back.

The negative posters seem to repeat a common thread over and over, and inject their mantra into any topic they can.  The neutral and positive posters tend to ignore these now.

Some of those posts I don't see unless they are quoted.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, happy v said:

Don't worry you will love it and be back for more.

We were on in October. I was looking on the boards before we went. Everything was doom and gloom. We had one of our best cruises. Not because of the ports but the atmosphere on the ship. After a rubbish couple of years everyone was determined to enjoy themselves. I think that is still happening.

Also I have been coming on here for a few years now and people have been complaining all that time!😄

Just seen your last sentence. I have been on here for 16 and a half years and I have seen people complaining for all that time. 😄 Many people have a complain when they have not been on a cruise for years or even on the ship in question. Some people go on a cruise and look for things to complain about. 😄

I have done that a couple of times but unfortunately they were very short reviews. 🤣

Gan Canny

Dai

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

You will have a great time. I absolutely guarantee it. Fjords are magnificent, ships are lovely. Don't believe everything negative.

Can we have a patented Zap guarantee for our Arvia cruise in August please? 😉

Actually no need because we’ll make the most of it regardless. Sure, I’ll call out things I don’t like (especially if I blog again) but we won’t let anything spoil our annual family holiday.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Lucysnan said:

We have booked our first cruise at the end of June to the Norwegian Fjords on Britannia and were so excited and looking forward to it, but now, having read all the posts recently, we are extremely worried and not so sure we have done the right thing booking this cruise as everything seems so negative.

I can only echo what others have said. Please don't be put off, go expecting to have a great time.

We went on our first ever cruise last May, we went to the Norwegian Fjords on Iona. Before going I was excited and nervous in equal measure, and we had a fantastic week, it was so good that we now have 3 more cruises booked ☺️

I think Norway is a good first cruise option, only one sea day each way and the scenery in the fjords is beautiful!

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Yep the guarantee of Zapp or you get your Bingo money back 😉🤣

Sometimes we read too much into a review .I remember my first cruise, most people telling 

me I would love it and a odd few telling me I was in for a bad time .

Turns out that within less than six weeks we had rebooked and were back onboard .

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Actually no need because we’ll make the most of it regardless. Sure, I’ll call out things I don’t like (especially if I blog again) but we won’t let anything spoil our annual family holiday.

I'm a bit reluctant as I haven't been on Arvia...yet, but it Sounds like you don't need my guarantee as you will make the best of it.🤣

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sometimes we read too much into a review .I remember my first cruise, most people telling 

Turns out that within less than six weeks we had rebooked and were back onboard .

Sometimes folk set themselves up for a fall. We are in a pasty shop in Dorset. A sigh in the window says " Worlds best cornish pasty ".......prove it...🤣

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, kalos said:

Edited by zap99

16 hours ago, Lucysnan said:

People tend to post negative views, not positive ones. Don't worry. You will enjoy your cruise.

• Like 4

You will probably all think I'm daft, but I feel very happy the way we have all rallied round to reassure Lucysnan. We all have different opinions on things. Yet we saw a need and responded. We are nice people. 😄Go us!

• Like 16

16 hours ago, Lucysnan said:

You will love the Fjords. Just go and enjoy yourself. Reviews are always hit and miss. People will get problems, people will not. I recommend to have a balcony just to take in the spectacular views and have a coffee in the early hours of the morning just watching yourself sail through.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, happy v said:

You will probably all think I'm daft, but I feel very happy the way we have all rallied round to reassure Lucysnan. We all have different opinions on things. Yet we saw a need and responded. We are nice people. 😄Go us!

Not daft at all. I believe you were on Britannia in October at the same time as us. My recollection is a ship full of folk enjoying their holiday. Was everything perfect ? I can't really remember, but doubt it. As we left Cadiz for the long treck up to Southampton the relief of folk was evident. No masks. No noro  ,no moaners. 🤣

• Like 8

5 hours ago, happy v said:

I think you are all nice people, you must be to have responded to my worries and doubts as you all did. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your reassurances.

• Like 10

Just now, Lucysnan said:

I think you are all nice people, you must be to have responded to my worries and doubts as you all did. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your reassurances.

Thank you. You will find the same on the ship 

• Like 6

Don't know whether it's just post pandemic or not but our recent experiences on Ventura meant that I longed to get off the ship many days before we docked in Southampton. It just seemed we encountered one problem after another and seeing as this was our first cruise for four years it was very disappointing. However we are giving P&O another chance to redeem themselves next year. Age and mobility have caught up with me and I cannot be bothered with the hassle.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Don't know whether it's just post pandemic or not but our recent experiences on Ventura meant that I longed to get off the ship many days before we docked in Southampton. It just seemed we encountered one problem after another and seeing as this was our first cruise for four years it was very disappointing. However we are giving P&O another chance to redeem themselves next year. Age and mobility have caught up with me and I cannot be bothered with the hassle.

It seems to be personal preference. I got off Ventura last month and had a great time, couldn’t complain at all, and I booked a few days before travelling so everything was quite quick. Lovely ship, and staff worked hard. 

• Like 3

I Have just booked a cruise with P&O Iona in Aug going into the the Fjords, 

Cruise number 8. 

5 with RCI (will always be by No 1) 1 with NCL and one MSC (never again) 

I'm a little apprehensive as I'm very used to RCI but it was a fab deal so I thought it was worth the risk! We have a child now of 18 months so our cruising experience has changed massively ! 

I'm going into this with low expectations and hope for the best.  

I don't know if anyone can answer this in this thread but my child will be 23 months on embarkation day but will be 2 on the cruise, do you think we will be able to straddle him between the Nursery (6-24 and the 2-4 YO clubs? 

My second question was, On the itinerary we are on there are several 'cruising' ports. One of them is 'Geirangerfjord' which is next to Hellesylt where we stop for the day, does the ship down down to Geiranger spin around then sail out? 

Answer:

Best value holidays you can buy in current times

The positives far outweigh the negatives

Every holiday has negatives from my experience. But life's too short to focus on the negatives IMO

The fact the big ships are travelling full out of main holiday season suggests way more people enjoy the cruises on them than don't enjoy them

Great travel

Great  food

Great entertainment

Great facilities

Great views

Great staff

Unbeatable value for money when everything else is not so great value

They get far more right than they get wrong overall

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Answer:

Every holiday has negatives from my experience. But life's too short to focus on the negatives IMO

The fact the big ships are travelling full out of main holiday season suggests way more people enjoy the cruises on them than don't enjoy them

Great travel

Great  food

Great entertainment

Great facilities

Great views

Great staff

One has to remember these are all personal opinions from the 68 people who follow this forum. That is out of thousands who cruise with P&O. I have to disagree with Interestedcruisefan on most points but will say that most of my complaints have happened to me and numerous others.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

We get off at every port.

22 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Answer:

Great travel

Great  food

Great entertainment

Great facilities

Great views

Great staff

I agree, as would the majority of my friends and family that have been on P&O. While any holiday has the possibility of things going wrong, the positives far outweighs the negatives - if you’re a positive person then it’s easy to see the benefits, albeit sometimes things do go wrong and can be improved. 

Great value for money, great staff, and I’ve been to some lovely places and met some nice people I’d never have otherwise seen. 

• Like 3

There are more than 68 people who post a lot but don't click the follow button,

myself being one that hasn't done so .

Granted C C is just a tiny speck of who sail with P&O but leaving web sites aside  I do 

wonder what the actual number is of P&O return bookings ?

At a guess far more than those who not return , other than that they would soon be going bust .

On TV  last night a travel program forecast that the cruise industry is actually set to grow this year .

• Like 6