What is Happening to Island Princess June 2024

West Coast Gal

She has an eastbound Panama Canal sailing ending in Ft Lauderdale on May 24th 2024.  Her next scheduled cruise is from NYC on an eastbound transatlantic on July 9th.   She has a full summer/fall Europe season followed by a brief stay in the Caribbean before her World cruise in January 2025.

A +/- 45 day schedule gap makes me think she will be getting a lengthy trip to the drydock.  Normal drydocks are 10-14 days. 

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

They are going to remodel her back to pre-added aft cabins (sarcasm aka Sheldon Cooper).  One can only wish.  At least maybe an International Cafe?  

Restoring her to her original layout would be a dream. Sadly I don’t think that will happen

• Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 9:51 PM, snoozecrooze said:

Well there is the answer, 10-17-Day Cruises
NEW! Colonial Heritage – Island Princess – 10/11 days: Roundtrip from New York visiting Charleston, Boston, Halifax, Newport (on select cruises) and Yorktown. Cruises depart June 4; June 14; June 25, 2024.

Darn she really is in such sad shape and needs her face lift before 2024

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:24 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

They are going to remodel her back to pre-added aft cabins (sarcasm aka Sheldon Cooper).  One can only wish.  At least maybe an International Cafe?  

wouldn't that be lovely...I nominate you to be in charge of making sure Princess does only logical & passenger friendly things...also their verbage so there are no longer multiple very different things with practically the same name to confuse normal people

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2023 at 11:24 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Oh CreativeOne, they'd better NOT because we've booked an aft cabin for the 2025WC 😉

So sad to hear that she actually does have sailings in June '24, because I was really hoping for some kind of refurbishment before we board...

Edited by Melnal2
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/18/2023 at 12:03 AM, West Coast Gal said:

So the Island Princess has no cruises or charters scheduled for June of 2024.  Speculation could be a refurb or a sale of the Island.  Does anyone have any good intel?

Diane, dear friend, what did you find out?  There is so much mis-information on this.

Jan

20 minutes ago, JandKCruisers said:

Diane, dear friend, what did you find out?  There is so much mis-information on this.

Jan

There was a lot of speculation that they would do some sort of refurb, but instead they scheduled a number of 10, 11 & 14 day East Coast cruises

• Thanks 1

Just now, litcandle said:

There was a lot of speculation that they would do some sort of refurb, but instead they scheduled a number of 10, 11 & 14 day East Coast cruises

This is Diane, my West Coast Gal cruise critic got tanked when I tried to update my email address.

1 minute ago, litcandle said:

very frustating.   We know it desparately needs to be done.  I have heard from people on the current world cruise there is problems with cold showers, etc.  Hopefully between your cabin and ours there will be hot water.  ha ha.

• Like 1