Wifi packages - one per person or device?

labdogs42

So, I see that I can choose multiple devices for one person or I can get packages for each person with one device.  What's the difference?  It looks cheaper for me to get multiple devices under one name, is there any reason NOT to do that?  I guess I'm confused by the price difference since in my mind its the same thing?

The difference is that with multiple devices for one person, you can only use one device at a time. So if you’re trying to share it, one device has to sign out before the next device can be signed on. With multiple people, each with one device, they can be using them at the same time. 

30 minutes ago, elmaexec said:

The difference is that with multiple devices for one person, you can only use one device at a time. So if you’re trying to share it, one device has to sign out before the next device can be signed on. With multiple people, each with one device, they can be using them at the same time. 

I don’t believe that’s right. If one person buys a two device package, both devices can be on simultaneously.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, elmaexec said:

I hope that's not true.  My understanding is that a 4-device plan allows use on 4 devices simultaneously.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There may be a difference in plans, but the plan I was on allowed up to three divices but could not be used simultaneously. One had to be signed off before another could be signed on.  

1 hour ago, elmaexec said:

There may be a difference in plans, but the plan I was on allowed up to three divices but could not be used simultaneously. One had to be signed off before another could be signed on.  

Something is wrong here.  With a two device plan the same account can be used to log two devices at the same time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kjyoung49 said:

Can you buy internet for one device and then use a hot spot on that device for other devices

The problem with that is the way they throttle available bandwidth you will be sharing the bandwidth allocated to your connection amongst all the devices on your hotspot. Might work with stream, but basic is just passable with one device.

7 hours ago, elmaexec said:

Sorry, but I think someone explained that to you incorrectly. You can have as many devices as you want, just one at a time on the basic plan. There’s no limit of three devices.

We were on Equinox in April and sailed under Cruise Only fare. I purchased a two-device premium plan for me and nothing for my wife. We were both able to use a device at the same time. If we wanted to use a third device, we just signed off one of the other devices. 

We did have to use my login credentials for both devices - one laptop and one phone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kml246 said:

We were on Equinox in April and sailed under Cruise Only fare. I purchased a two-device premium plan for me and nothing for my wife. We were both able to use a device at the same time. If we wanted to use a third device, we just signed off one of the other devices. 

We did have to use my login credentials for both devices - one laptop and one phone. 

Ok that makes sense.  I don't care if we all have to use the same login info as long as we can all be online a the same time.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, labdogs42 said:

Ok that makes sense.  I don't care if we all have to use the same login info as long as we can all be online a the same time.  

Heh, I asked the exact same question last week!   It made no sense that Celebrity would charge more for 2 people 2 devices vs 1 person 2 devices.   The answers I got was that there is no disadvantage of getting the cheaper plan.  You just have to login with the same user account instead of 2 different users.   BTW, if you are going to get WiFi plan, get it now with the Flash Sales.   I just cancelled my pre-book premium WiFi and switched to the Flash Sales price and saved over $200 for 12 days cruise with 1 person 3 devices plan (there are 3 of us in the cabin).  The original price for 3 people 3 devices was like $1000.   Changed it to 1 person 3 devices was like $7XX.   Now with the Flash Sales it is $5XX almost half off the regular price.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cherdon said:

We are All inclusive. I want to upgrade just one of us to premium Wi-Fi. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks 

Should be able to. The premium upgrade is on sale this weekend.

On 5/24/2023 at 12:11 PM, elmaexec said:

This is absolutely 100% not true.

You can have as many devices as you purchased logged in at a time.  We bought 3 logins on one account over spring break and didn't have any issues until I need to be logged in to both my phone and computer (work issues) at the same time.  Then my wife and daughter were down to one login.  But the issue was if they tried to switch devices sometimes it would kick me off instead.  So for about 4 hours one day it was annoying, the rest of the trip was zero problem at all.  All three of us were online at the same time without any issues.

I am planning on doing this exact way over the summer on our two cruises.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 11:55 AM, elmaexec said:

Deleted as the difference has already been explained.

Edited by jagoffee

5 hours ago, JLS07 said:

This is absolutely 100% not true.

You can have as many devices as you purchased logged in at a time.  We bought 3 logins on one account over spring break and didn't have any issues until I need to be logged in to both my phone and computer (work issues) at the same time.  Then my wife and daughter were down to one login.  But the issue was if they tried to switch devices sometimes it would kick me off instead.  So for about 4 hours one day it was annoying, the rest of the trip was zero problem at all.  All three of us were online at the same time without any issues.

I am planning on doing this exact way over the summer on our two cruises.

How do you log in with the 3 devices 1 person plan?  Do they give you one user ID and one passcode for all 3 or you get 3 different passcodes?

38 minutes ago, lostchild said:

How do you log in with the 3 devices 1 person plan?  Do they give you one user ID and one passcode for all 3 or you get 3 different passcodes?

One login that you use on all three devices. Their system tracks how many devices are connected.

• Thanks 2

On 5/24/2023 at 10:56 PM, kml246 said:

My husband and I have done the same thing on our last two cruises and it has worked out perfectly. We have found it less expensive to buy 2 device/1 person plan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirlppp said:

My husband and I have done the same thing on our last two cruises and it has worked out perfectly. We have found it less expensive to buy 2 device/1 person plan.

It's the way to go if you don't have an included package. Only risk is whoever you share the login credentials with can boot you off your device 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/26/2023 at 8:22 AM, kml246 said:

It's the way to go if you don't have an included package. Only risk is whoever you share the login credentials with can boot you off your device 😬

Yes - don't piss off your wife or husband or they can kick you off repeatedly.  🙂

Otherwise, just have the same login and use it 3 times.  Once you are in you are in.  Then as long as you aren't switching devices then there isn't an issue.

• Like 2

I am leaving on Sunday.  I just went in to buy the basic package and it is gone.  Anyone else notice premium is the only thing available?  That is crazy and to pay over $200 dollars when I am in Bermuda for almost three days where I can use my travel pass.  I know they people say just unplug but I already have anxiety about that because of some things at home.  

4 minutes ago, mommyloons2009 said:

I am leaving on Sunday.  I just went in to buy the basic package and it is gone.  Anyone else notice premium is the only thing available?  That is crazy and to pay over $200 dollars when I am in Bermuda for almost three days where I can use my travel pass.  I know they people say just unplug but I already have anxiety about that because of some things at home.  

OMG, they changed it.  You can't get basic anymore.  And on top of that, you can't get Premium for 3 or 4 devices for 1 person anymore!   You can get Premium for 1 device or 2 devices and that's it.   Also getting 2 devices, the discount is not as much as before, just slightly cheaper.