Laundry wash without tumble dry, possible?

5 hours ago, dexddd said:

Of course. Classy to have cabin full of clothes.  If more than seven days, sure, but a week who can't make a suitcase per person work unless in a diverse climate.

We don't. One suitcase is just for shoes. And we bring our own hangers because there are never enough in the closets 

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We don't. One suitcase is just for shoes. And we bring our own hangers because there are never enough in the closets 

Just ask and a decent cabin steward will have them there before you have unpacked.

On my last BTS tour the laundry manager talked at length about all kinds of special treatment that they can potentially provide, including difficult stain removal, hand-washing, and yes, air-drying. He went into quite a lot of detail but never really explained how any of these services can be requested. I guess if you just send one item in the bag with a note (asking them to call you to discuss what you need done and how much $$$ it's going to cost you).

I suppose you could fill a bag and write "NO tumble dry (please call me)" on it and see what happens. It's not that hard to imagine big mesh bag(s) that allow them to pull out your clothes and avoid putting them in the dryer. Whether they will be OK with delivering everything back to you wet, I don't know, or they might say they will air dry it all down in the laundry. Or they might say "sorry we cannot accommodate" and send it all back to you unwashed.

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You're allowed to ask for as many as you like.

On 5/25/2023 at 4:31 AM, TrumpyNor said:

As others have pointed out, the answer to your question would be NO.

That only leaves you with two choices since you don't want your laundry tumble dried:

• You simply do the laundry by hand in the tiny sink in your bathroom (if you have a balcony) you can also have them to dry on the balcony chairs.

Please don't put them on the balcony. First, a strong gust can blow them overboard. Second if everyone does this is makes the ship look like a Chinese riverboat!

• Haha 2

On 5/26/2023 at 5:18 AM, BirdTravels said:

They use a small fabric tag glued to your clothes. This is a bit different than a dry cleaners at home where they staple paper tags to shirts. 

Your laundry is pressed and folded. And delivered neatly wrapped in tissue paper  in a whicker basket. 

We sail 5-6 times a year and do a couple of bags of laundry per cruise. We have never had any damage. 

IMG_4770.jpeg

Well, at least we now know where the Lektor in From Russia With Love ended up.

I like coming across the little colored tags randomly when doing my laundry at home.  They are like tiny souvenirs of our last cruise and bring a little smile to my face.  I pull them off when packing again though just because I think leaving the old tags might cause mix ups in the ship's laundry.

On 5/25/2023 at 4:34 AM, Serengeti228 said:

I got a NO answer from the cabin steward if I could have my clothes washed only without tumble dry. I prefer to hang dry my laundry.

Did anyone make a similar request and successfully get their wet clothes returned?

Yes.   I requested that all my shirts/skirts not be tumbled dried.  They were returned individually hung on hangers and I just hung them in the closet to dry.   We were staying in a suite cabin ....not sure if that helped in getting the request.  This was on the Jewel, a smaller ship may also be a contributing factor.