Is it possible to change flights booked through NCL?

Monica887

This is the first time I booked through them. They're definitely not the flights or airports I would have chosen, but I understand that risk. 

One of them leaves late in the day to go home. Any chance of rescheduling it? If so, who do I go through? It's not the end of the world to keep it, but I'd rather not sit in the airport for 7 hours or so. 

9 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

This is the first time I booked through them. They're definitely not the flights or airports I would have chosen, but I understand that risk. 

One of them leaves late in the day to go home. Any chance of rescheduling it? If so, who do I go through? It's not the end of the world to keep it, but I'd rather not sit in the airport for 7 hours or so. 

We are using their air for the first time soon also, so I don't have much experience with this. From scouring these boards, I think the answer to your question is 'no,' you can't reschedule it once it's booked.

We thankfully got a call from them before they booked ours because they had a challenge booking our itinerary and wanted to know which of the two available options we wanted to do. That was a blessing, because we at least got to see the proposed itinerary before it was set in stone.

Once they book it, however, I believe you're locked in.

But, as with anything else, it never hurts to ask! The person who contacted us was a "Revenue Air Coordinator," so perhaps you could call the general number and ask for that department. Best of luck to you.

Edited by GirlWriter

People in other recent similar threads have CLAIMED that once the booking is fully in the airlines' "hands" (72 hours prior?) you could possibly work with them to make adjustments.  Back in 2019 when it was a free/reduced airfare deal my experience with AA was that this was not possible on the day of the flight due to the type of ticket purchased.

Until then - NCL's deal is you asked them to book the flight between two airports and allowed them to pick the routing and times.  They won't make changes.

1 hour ago, Monica887 said:

NCL won’t change it for you. And most flights are booked in a cheapo fare class that the airlines won’t change it for you. 

In general, you can expect the cheapest flights. Those are not the ones leaving at lunch time. Personally, we are retired and have no where to go quickly, so we’ll spend the day at the airport people watching and eating (just a continuation of the ship). 

• Haha 3

Thanks. I'm leaving the kids at home, so I don't mind much!

FLL has some lounge that isn't airline specific so maybe I'll check that out. Or do a Miami excursion that I usually don't have time for. 

28 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

From reading here, it looks like most end up on evening flights home.

NCL's policy for flights out on disembarkation day is not to schedule a flight earlier than a certain time, so that may be why.

For our upcoming trip, they actually gave us a choice, but only because an itinerary change would have been involved. Meaning -- for our particular port, NCL would not book flights out on disembarkation day any earlier than 11AM. I got a call from NCL Air before they booked it to tell me that all itineraries for our selected home city only had flights earlier than 11AM. They gave us the choice to either spend an extra night (at our own expense, of course) in the disembarkation city and fly out the next morning, or change the city we were flying to and from so we could fly home the evening of disembarkation.

1 hour ago, Monica887 said:

Thanks. I'm leaving the kids at home, so I don't mind much!

FLL has some lounge that isn't airline specific so maybe I'll check that out. Or do a Miami excursion that I usually don't have time for. 

When we had a late flight home from FLL we rented a car in Miami and spent the day doing our own thing. We were able to return the car at the FLL airport so it worked out well. You could also look into a day room at a hotel. 

Most flights won't let you check baggage more than 3 hours ahead, so no point in getting to the airport before then.

Edited by sanger727

8 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Most flights won't let you check baggage more than 3 hours ahead, so no point in getting to the airport before then.

Oh, I didn't know that! I only check luggage for cruises and usually carry on. That's good to know.

We just got our flight for Miami.  Our flight there leaves at 5am 😂. Ah well, I'd rather get their earlier than later. The real bummer is that our flight back is at 3:30pm.  It's a bummer is that it's too late in that we'll probably be waiting in the airport for hours and too early to do the Miami excursion (which says your flight has to leave after 5pm). But as a previous poster mentioned, your flights are booked and you can probably contact the airline to see if you can change them. 

3 hours ago, quagmire0 said:

We just got our flight for Miami.  Our flight there leaves at 5am 😂. Ah well, I'd rather get their earlier than later. The real bummer is that our flight back is at 3:30pm.  It's a bummer is that it's too late in that we'll probably be waiting in the airport for hours and too early to do the Miami excursion (which says your flight has to leave after 5pm). But as a previous poster mentioned, your flights are booked and you can probably contact the airline to see if you can change them. 

Yes, my flight there is also crazy early, but it's my first Haven trip, so more time to enjoy the perks and quick check in!

I'm 82 days out and interested in this flight path.  Our friend is taking the same cruise next month and is flying from Philadelphia to Minneapolis to Reykjavik. Praying that won't be our route, but we are arriving two days before the cruise leaves in anticipation of this.

5 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Philadelphia to Minneapolis to Reykjavik

Right now, roughly on your dates, it's $400 cheaper and 2 hours shorter to fly through Boston. NCL must have a sweet deal going with Delta on international flights.

Edited by RB9643
  • Thanks 1