Goldbelt / Mount Roberts Tram Coupons or Discount?

NightOne

The Goldbelt / Mount Roberts Tram in Juneau was $35 then $45 and now they just raised it to $50 per person. Wow!

Anyone have any coupons or discounts to share? 

There used to be a buy one get one free in the Alaska Tour Saver book in 2021/2022 but nothing in the 2023 book.

I was in Juneau last week and amazed at the line for the tram.  I was waiting for an excursion, and the line for the tram was only moving by inches.  
Maybe people bought their tickets ahead of time and wanted to use them regardless, but with four big ships in town, and the tram only holding maybe 10-15 at a time, a lot of folks wasted their precious time in Juneau just standing in line.

1 hour ago, Suzanne123 said:

I was in Juneau last week and amazed at the line for the tram.  I was waiting for an excursion, and the line for the tram was only moving by inches.  
Maybe people bought their tickets ahead of time and wanted to use them regardless, but with four big ships in town, and the tram only holding maybe 10-15 at a time, a lot of folks wasted their precious time in Juneau just standing in line.

I called and asked whether it was faster and/or easier to buy your tickets in advance and was told it was not. (same either way) 

On 5/25/2023 at 12:13 PM, NightOne said:

The Goldbelt / Mount Roberts Tram in Juneau was $35 then $45 and now they just raised it to $50 per person. Wow!

Anyone have any coupons or discounts to share? 

There used to be a buy one get one free in the Alaska Tour Saver book in 2021/2022 but nothing in the 2023 book.

Wow! $50 per person is absolutely ridiculous. No way would I pay that. That’s just me.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 2:18 PM, NightOne said:

I called and asked whether it was faster and/or easier to buy your tickets in advance and was told it was not. (same either way) 

Best to purchase the ticket the same day that the ship is in port.  The view from the top is amazing on a clear day.  Not so good on a rainy, foggy day.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

In the 2024 season, the price is being increased to $55. If you can get a group of 30+ together, ask for a group rate, and they will discount it by 20%. You must buy in person and a single purchase, not separate transactions. The total will be $1248 for 30 discounted tickets.

Make friends on the ship!

• 2 weeks later...

With NCL 50$ excursion credit it’s free. I wouldn’t pay full price and I’ve gone twice on other cruises where I got it as part of a larger package or for free. This year I’m taking it just to get to a good hiking trail.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nordicacres said:

Yep, agreed. The tram is free for us with FAS+.

Several cruise lines provide Onboard Credit that can be used for excursions. Nothing unique with NCL.