Shopping at the port?

tlovesdis

There are 2 ports and both have eats and drinks.

Royal Caribbean ships mostly dock at Crown Bay, and there are 2 local favorites at that dock. Island Flava is one and a vegan/Rasta take out is another but I can't remember the name.

At Havensight where other ships dock there are too many restaurants to count. I like Barefoot Buddha for tasty healthy food, Leatherback Brewery for local beer and different menu, and Dog House Pub for affordable "bar" food.

There are many others, but these are the ones I like.🙂

3 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

If you’re docking at Havensight, I highly recommend Smoking Rooster or Tap & Still.

Agree with Smoking Rooster and our favorite...Their Banana Pudding is Yummy !!!

There's no security to get to the Havensight shopping/eating area - it's open to the public. There is a gate/fence around most of the area, but it may only be locked after everything closes at night.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/1/2023 at 10:50 AM, rjrpar said:

If we dock at Crown Bay and take a taxi to the Skyride, can we walk thru security at Havensight to do some shopping and lunch?

Thanks!

I had the same question because I only just now found out (thank you Cruise Critiic!) that Royal Caribbean usually docks at Crown Bay.  We've been twice to St. Thomas (2009 on RCCL and 2019 on Disney) so both times were at Havensight.  There's a shop there that we want to go to to get a t-shirt for DH.  We bought one in 2009 and when we were there in 2019, they had the exact same design/color so we bought him a new one 10 years later.  We thought we'd look again this time before heading out on an excursion.  Guess we need to change our plans!

On 6/1/2023 at 12:48 PM, Ms411 said:

There's no security to get to the Havensight shopping/eating area - it's open to the public. There is a gate/fence around most of the area, but it may only be locked after everything closes at night.

Thank you for posting this - I had wondered the same thing about whether it was gated off or not.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 7:18 PM, nzdisneymom said:

I had the same question because I only just now found out (thank you Cruise Critiic!) that Royal Caribbean usually docks at Crown Bay.  We've been twice to St. Thomas (2009 on RCCL and 2019 on Disney) so both times were at Havensight.  There's a shop there that we want to go to to get a t-shirt for DH.  We bought one in 2009 and when we were there in 2019, they had the exact same design/color so we bought him a new one 10 years later.  We thought we'd look again this time before heading out on an excursion.  Guess we need to change our plans!

Thank you for posting this - I had wondered the same thing about whether it was gated off or not.  

From Havensight can you walk into town or do you need a taxi?

Many people walk into town, and if you go through the marina it's a nicer walk than the main road, though eventually both paths merge on the Waterfront. It's about a mile plus depending on where your docks at the pier, but it can get pretty hot in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the longest mile you'll ever walk in your life. Between the heat the cars and every other kind of traffic. I can't do it I catch a taxi. It's a good idea and that's about it.

I've tried walking from Havensight to downtown I make it out to the main road the gate, I just kinda scratch my head look around, scratch my head a couple more times look around some more, and then hop in a taxi. 

It doesn't look it but it's a longer walk than one might think, especially on vacation.