LIVE from Summit 6/4

rxlowry

18 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Tonight’s dinner in Blu was another hit. I’d equate the level of food above NCL maybe Haven comes close but their menu doesn’t change. 
The show was a headliner singer and didn’t interest us so we are hanging out in Sky Lounge waiting for pub trivia.  

IMG_3907.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

IMG_3909.jpeg

IMG_3910.jpeg

IMG_3912.jpeg

That all looks amazing. Do you remember what food items those were from the blu menu? Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Also how was the pool in the solarium? Were the jets all working well? I had seen reports of hot tubs not working anywhere on the ship, so just curious if you've had any experience with them.

On 6/5/2023 at 4:49 PM, bunnyette said:

Lucky you getting an invite to the helipad!  Not all Aquaclass passengers got it.

We have been Aqua class many times and never got an invite.

Laura

23 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

That all looks amazing. Do you remember what food items those were from the blu menu? Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Also how was the pool in the solarium? Were the jets all working well? I had seen reports of hot tubs not working anywhere on the ship, so just curious if you've had any experience with them.

Heading up to solarium now and I’ll check it all out.  The main pool jets were good.  I’ll see about hot tubs 

• Like 1

Last night was another great meal in Blu.  Crispy potatoes, gazpacho, Lobster salad, Dorade all excellent.  But dessert….might be my favorite dessert in all my cruises!  My daughter feels the meals have been close to Crystal level meals.  

IMG_3985.jpeg

IMG_3986.jpeg

IMG_3988.jpeg

70778661781__7950199F-EA8C-4503-AAD1-FD14AFEA6388.jpeg

IMG_3992.jpeg

• Like 3

Today we are in Bermuda and I tried to count how many times I have been here which I think is 14? We played mini golf which is a great course designed after famous golf holes around the world.  Last year, I won both times but she was the winner today by two strokes.  My performance on the Augusta National hole was abysmal. 
We hit the Frog and Onion for Rum Swizzles and lunch. The fish chowder, onion rings  and local wahoo bites were delicious. I wasn’t surprised my daughter was questioned if she was of age because she often gets asked if she wants a kids menu at 20!  Our waiter was very pleasant and told us he used to work on the NCL Majesty, a ship we loved.  IMG_4013.thumb.jpeg.8e6cf24dc78103942c8603e526b803e9.jpeg

IMG_4005.jpeg

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_3999.jpeg

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, rxlowry said:

Today we are in Bermuda and I tried to count how many times I have been here which I think is 14? We played mini golf which is a great course designed after famous golf holes around the world.  Last year, I won both times but she was the winner today by two strokes.  My performance on the Augusta National hole was abysmal. 
We hit the Frog and Onion for Rum Swizzles and lunch. The fish chowder, onion rings  and local wahoo bites were delicious. I wasn’t surprised my daughter was questioned if she was of age because she often gets asked if she wants a kids menu at 20!  Our waiter was very pleasant and told us he used to work on the NCL Majesty, a ship we loved.  IMG_4013.thumb.jpeg.8e6cf24dc78103942c8603e526b803e9.jpeg

IMG_4005.jpeg

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_3999.jpeg

Looks like a Perfect Day! Mini golf and Frog and Onion..we always  visit!   AQ Class and BLU..our favs

Edited by hcat

Tied a team in general trivia but lost tie-breaker which was questions about the host, Luca. Kinda funny as it was all guessing about his siblings. Now it’s a cucumber martini before dressing for dinner 

IMG_4017.jpeg

3 hours ago, rxlowry said:

The jets in both hot tubs in Solarium are not functioning. They have lots of paint chipping but are very warm water. The jets in pool work great and my view is fantastic 

image.jpg

Nice view! Good to know the solarium pool jets are all working well. That's a shame about the hot tubs. Reports have been coming back for a long time now that they are not functioning. I wonder why they can't fix them. Maybe they can only be repaired on a dry dock. Seems very odd. As long as the T-pool is working I'll be happy. It's my favorite place to lay on those metal benches and relax. I heard the pool deck hot tubs don't work either. It just seems so strange to me because I imagine they must be popular.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rxlowry said:

IMG_4005.jpeg

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_3999.jpeg

The Frog and Onion looks charming. Is it walking distance from the ship? Your meal at Blu looked wonderful once again. It's really getting my appetite geared up for our July cruise in Aqua. Our last cruise in March was on Oceania and the food blew me away, but it sounds like Blu will be really good as well. My daughter also gets the same questions on age and she is 27. She'll be sailing with me in July. 🙂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:
5 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

The Frog and Onion looks charming. Is it walking distance from the ship? Your meal at Blu looked wonderful once again. It's really getting my appetite geared up for our July cruise in Aqua. Our last cruise in March was on Oceania and the food blew me away, but it sounds like Blu will be really good as well. My daughter also gets the same questions on age and she is 27. She'll be sailing with me in July. 🙂 

Very easy walk!  Glad to hear about Oceania!  I’m trying them in September!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ooh!! The Frog and Onion looks like the perfect place for a birthday lunch in July!!!! Horseshoe Bay in the morning followed by lunch at Frog and Onion!! (Is it dressy or casual? Most pubs I know are casual, but...?)

Casual for sure. Very nice menu!  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Rainy day so far.  We won general trivia with the tie breaker! Really enjoying Luca the host for trivia.  Had fun dancing at Pride Party on deck last night. 
Not sure if we will go out or just relax in Solarium.  
tonight is Tuscan Grill!

IMG_4093.jpeg

On 6/6/2023 at 9:19 PM, Laurab23 said:

We have been Aqua class many times and never got an invite.

We got one on our 5/6 sailing. Didn't bother going since we had done it several years ago. The other thing is - and I found this to be true the first time in Blu - many of the entree portions are a tad small. We just weren't near as impressed this time compared to 2019. Glad, though, that you're finding it to be as good as you say. Part of my reaction could be having just come off a Viking cruise a few months before the Summit.

17 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

Your meal at Blu looked wonderful once again

We enjoyed the food there but were disappointed that it was basically what I'd describe as 'warm' and so cools off quickly.

Question for the OP - are you finding that they bring any sort of afternoon canapes to the room? We really enjoyed that the first time we did Aqua (this was only the second time). Also, they used to always bring really good iced tea to the room. Guess that went the way of the dodo after the post-pandemic restart. The lack of prior amenities is making us question whether we'll do aqua again or not. A good part of the time I ordered off the MDR menu anyway.

Edited by OnTheJourney

On 6/6/2023 at 2:44 PM, SSFrance69 said:

Also how was the pool in the solarium?

Way too hot to swim in - at least the day we were in Bermuda. I had been in the Persian Garden and so thought I'd hit the solarium for a bit - WAY too hot. I was in for literally like 30 seconds and then left. On the flipside, others we talked to said that the main pools were ice cold. Very few people used them during the entire cruise.

13 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Which Oceania ship are you trying? We sailed Riviera and it was a lovely ship. Best and largest bathroom we've ever had on a ship and we were in a standard verandah. Food was amazing and all the specialty restaurants are included. I was shopping for a 2024 sailing and compared Celebrity Aqua to standard cabin on Oceania, but went with Oceania since the price was about the same and I can't imagine better food but doing Aqua for the first time in July, so maybe it will surprise me. Still though... I can't help but remember my meal in Polo Grill, which was lobster with veal, Oscar style. Amazing! 

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.00 PM.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

We got one on our 5/6 sailing. Didn't bother going since we had done it several years ago. The other thing is - and I found this to be true the first time in Blu - many of the entree portions are a tad small. We just weren't near as impressed this time compared to 2019. Glad, though, that you're finding it to be as good as you say. Part of my reaction could be having just come off a Viking cruise a few months before the Summit.

We enjoyed the food there but were disappointed that it was basically what I'd describe as 'warm' and so cools off quickly.

Question for the OP - are you finding that they bring any sort of afternoon canapes to the room? We really enjoyed that the first time we did Aqua (this was only the second time). Also, they used to always bring really good iced tea to the room. Guess that went the way of the dodo after the post-pandemic restart. The lack of prior amenities is making us question whether we'll do aqua again or not. A good part of the time I ordered off the MDR menu anyway.

No canapés. But the temperature of food has been good except my French toast was stone cold.   
portion of apps is small but my rib eye was huge last night 

IMG_4042.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

Which Oceania ship are you trying? We sailed Riviera and it was a lovely ship. Best and largest bathroom we've ever had on a ship and we were in a standard verandah. Food was amazing and all the specialty restaurants are included. I was shopping for a 2024 sailing and compared Celebrity Aqua to standard cabin on Oceania, but went with Oceania since the price was about the same and I can't imagine better food but doing Aqua for the first time in July, so maybe it will surprise me. Still though... I can't help but remember my meal in Polo Grill, which was lobster with veal, Oscar style. Amazing! 

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.00 PM.jpeg

Oceania Insignia.  The lobster looks amazing but I don’t groove with veal. Oceania claims to spend the highest dollar per passenger for food. 

58 minutes ago, rxlowry said:

But the temperature of food has been good except my French toast was stone cold.   

Yep...we had that cold french toast as well!!  Enjoyed breakfast in Blu very much though...except for that. Loved the smoothies. Try one if you haven't yet. The parfaits were really good too. There are two different ones as I recall...the "Celebrity parfait" and can't remember the other. Omelet was good as well but, again, cooled off so quickly.

Edited by OnTheJourney