Maybe silly question about Sky Class wifi

If i read the RCCL site correctly it's one free device per person in a suite. They have a 2br which I believe is Sky.

Do they (daughter + her grandparents) need to somehow specify the device or just whichever 3 are connected first are "it"? My suite experience is limited and their technology experience is limited.  Lol

TIA

It's one free device per person (username) at one time. Each person can log out of their device and then log onto a different device. In fact, logging onto a second device will ask if you want to log out of the currently logged in device.

• Like 1

Each person will be given a unique login or password (Cant remember which) Let's use grandma for example. She sets up her phone and access the internet. Then, that night, she wants to use her tablet. She logs off the phone, then logs in on her tablet. Later, she has some work to do.  She logs off the tablet and log in on her laptop.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Each person will be given a unique login or password (Cant remember which) Let's use grandma for example. She sets up her phone and access the internet. Then, that night, she wants to use her tablet. She logs off the phone, then logs in on her tablet. Later, she has some work to do.  She logs off the tablet and log in on her laptop.

Ok so since I'm counting on my 13yo to be the technology supervisor here.... where does the ligon come from? Should I just suggest they hit the Voom kiosk upon boarding? 

37 minutes ago, sadiwest said:

Ok so since I'm counting on my 13yo to be the technology supervisor here.... where does the ligon come from? Should I just suggest they hit the Voom kiosk upon boarding? 

For me, I believe once it was given to us at check-in and then another time I believe the login information was waiting for us in the cabin.

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

It is really simple to do.  Each person who is in the suite will have a free voom package loaded on their account.  All they need to do is connect to Royal wifi and then open a browser.  They will be redirected to a login, just like at a hotel, and they will need their cabin number, name and year of birth.  They then choose the option for free included voom or something similarly named.  They will choose a login and password.  It is really quite simple.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadiwest said:

When connecting for the first time follow the prompts.  Choose Access Internet:

Screenshot_20230503_052905_CaptivePortalLogin.thumb.jpg.fb5b6ca804ffd4cbbbe636193eb1595a.jpg

Then each user creates their own username and PIN.

Screenshot_20230503_052916_CaptivePortalLogin.thumb.jpg.e41d6869a0eda5d9738abafb93dadd10.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

This is a "how to" that I wrote up a while ago for a multi-device package.    

In your case, each person will have their own "one device package" so what one person in the room does will not affect anyone else in the room.  But the process of signing up is the same as described in my earlier post -- just that each person will be doing it and creating their own username and PIN code.

Because they will each have their own package, they won't even have to log off if they want to change devices, because when they try to log on a new device, it will ask them if they want to switch devices by logging off the first device.  Then to switch back to the previous device, they do the same thing again and the system will log off their second device.