NCL flights to London or Southampton

they would typically fly you to LHR.

just a guess, but from houston, they would probably fly you on united to ORD and then on to LHR. if there is a nonstop, you could luck out and get one. but it's a crap shoot.

could be a red eye. could be day flights arriving in london in the evening.

you relinquish almost total control when you book NCL air, but you might save some money.

We went in September. Flights actually great.  Left regional mid-day, connected in DTW then direct to LHR.  Folks waiting outside luggage claim, waited a bit, got on bus, about an hour ride.  Previous folks still leaving terminal.  Went inside, did check in, security, then check in again.  That was Haven though.  Flight on Delta and upgraded. 

Southampton can be an option but need to go via an international hub.

Can work if you want time in another EU city that has a connection to Southampton  or you have better connections into one of the other European hubs not London(LHR/LGW).

Flying in same day is still a risk, some NCL Southampton cruise departures are early if they get off in time.

If cruise returns to  Southampton be careful with early flights,  there have been significant delays as border force and customs have been upping their game on some dates.  

I had non-stop flight from Seattle on Virgin. 3:40pm - arriving 9:05am the following day, 1 day before the cruise.

But I had to first fly to Seattle, no international flights from my regional airport.

They will fly you to Heathrow or Gatwick, not Southhampton.  Non-stop is possible, depends on the timing.

There are no long haul flights to/from Southampton, it has a relatively short runway which isn't long enough for the wide body planes used on transatlantic flights.

It is possible to fly into Southampton if you transfer through Amsterdam or Paris but 99% of cruise passenger will be booked into Heathrow LHR or Gatwick LGW.  (Note that London has six airports but virtually all transatlantic services use either LHR or LGW)

• Like 1

WE had NCL book our air for a trip to Panama City in Feb.  Knowing that we'd get the cheapest flight possible (they aren't going to put you on an easy to sell flight), I looked on Expedia and Google flights for the cheapest flight.  We decided that flight would be OK with us, so we let NCL do our air.  Sure enough, that the was flight they put us on.  So, check what the lowest price flight is from Houston to Heathrow and if it's one you'd be OK with taking, let NCL book it and save some money.  We ended up saving several hundred dollars by having NCL do that flight.

• Like 1

we are flying non stop (10 hrs) from l.a. to lhr. staying overnight in london and hiring a private shuttle to take us to southampton. i dont believe there are direct flights to southampton, you probably will need to connect either at heathrow or gatway. also i tried booking that way, and the  flights are much more expensive 

We are leaving in 30 days from IAH and we got a non stop to Heathrow leaving around 8 PM and getting in to London around 10 AM (can't remember the exact times) through NCL. This will be our third time using their BOGO deal and we are always happy with our flights. My suggestion is when you get your flight information use the reservation number on the airline website and choose your seats.

• Like 1

I haven't received my official flight information from NCL, but on my itinerary it shows I'm flying into Gatwick. I have another month or so until I should get my flight information. I wish it was sooner so I could finish planning my hotel. I have one tentatively reserved in South Hampton, so hoping I land fairly early and can take a train or bus directly there from the airport so I can relax until the cruise.

26 minutes ago, kby1216 said:

We are leaving in 30 days from IAH and we got a non stop to Heathrow leaving around 8 PM and getting in to London around 10 AM (can't remember the exact times) through NCL. This will be our third time using their BOGO deal and we are always happy with our flights. My suggestion is when you get your flight information use the reservation number on the airline website and choose your seats.

Wish we had that. They are sending us from Newark to Heathrow via Montreal. We are direct back from Reykjavik.

1 hour ago, jcscv said:

I have one tentatively reserved in South Hampton, so hoping I land fairly early and can take a train or bus directly there from the airport so I can relax until the cruise

Just an fyi for when you are looking things up or doing any research:  it’s Southampton. 

Enjoy your trip!