Booking while on a cruise

I know this has probably been answered before, but I can't find the current amount of deposit required and how much OBC you get when booking while on another cruise. We're looking at a 7-day southern Caribbean and leaving on our Alaska cruise in two weeks. Anyone know or where to find the information. 

5 minutes ago, linerode said:

I know this has probably been answered before, but I can't find the current amount of deposit required and how much OBC you get when booking while on another cruise. We're looking at a 7-day southern Caribbean and leaving on our Alaska cruise in two weeks. Anyone know or where to find the information. 

$100 for balcony, $50 insides and OV

Deposit is $100 per person balconies and below.  Suits is full deposit

image.thumb.png.000104cd0076139c29b555dbf1081589.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, linerode said:

Refundable a bit less obc. 

Doesn't seem like there's much value in booking on board anymore. I remember back in 2004 when the next cruise desk offered increasing amounts of on board credit each passing day of the cruise to try and entice people to book another cruise. They gave out $600 of obc for booking a regular balcony. It may have just been that particular cruise I was on, but I remember the discussion about what a great deal it was. Those days are long gone. 

7 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Doesn't seem like there's much value in booking on board anymore. I remember back in 2004 when the next cruise desk offered increasing amounts of on board credit each passing day of the cruise to try and entice people to book another cruise. They gave out $600 of obc for booking a regular balcony. It may have just been that particular cruise I was on, but I remember the discussion about what a great deal it was. Those days are long gone. 

Wow I dont remember those days. I feel lucky I got a extra $75. First time I've done next cruise since covid. 

• Like 1

I liked booking JS at NextCruise for the lower deposit, but since they moved JS category to the full suite category for deposit purposes (and apparently only that purpose)  I can't see me visiting the desk again.

1 hour ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I guess a lot has changed in 19 years.  Now the benefits of booking on board are potentially lower deposits and some OBC but not what you experienced in 2004. 

It never hurts to shop NextCruise but I've found it best to go there having done some research first.  Remember you can visit royalcarribean.com for free without a paid Voom plan using tbe ship wifi.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mugtech said:

Also if you book the first two days of the cruise you get put into a drawing for additional obc.  I never win, they never announce the winner.

We won $250 obc when we were on Vision in May. We got a call from the next cruise manager saying congratulations and the obc would be credited to our account within 24 hours. Gobsmacked as I’d never won anything before 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, robbies-tackle said:

We won $250 obc when we were on Vision in May. We got a call from the next cruise manager saying congratulations and the obc would be credited to our account within 24 hours. Gobsmacked as I’d never won anything before 

That is great!  We have never won this and I wondered if they actually even do it.  We just booked a cruise last month while we were onboard and they gave us a bottle of champagne.  On Celebrity in February we were the first ones to book a cruise on the 1st day and we received an international adapter.

8 hours ago, mugtech said:

Also if you book the first two days of the cruise you get put into a drawing for additional obc.  I never win, they never announce the winner.

Last March, when i booked up my upcoming cruise in September, I booked the first day and they gave me a bottle of champagne for booking the first day.

• Like 1