No tea, coffee, cake etc on grills deck QM2. Only water or you can buy drinks

Windsurfboy

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

This is apparently "Gala" wear. A tartan jacket and half tied tie, according to their latest advert:

Cunard_Alaska_220628_14078_R1_CMYK_1_.jpg?crop=1440x132x0x1440x828&size=720x0&w=BHgoXrMrgrz-WYussHl8mc9aYNIM

The tartan chap? I do like the look on that model [and it probably will be a model, not a pukka passenger if the onboard filming I've witnessed is a guide] and I suppose the interpretation loosely follows advice. Very, VERY loosely!

I guess a model could get away with it. Less model'ish passengers?

Hmmm.

Black tie for us. 🙂

• Like 1

There's nothing that says more of what company management thinks of its real customers when its marketing material shows models posing as fake customers who resolutely and consistently bear no physical resemblence to us whatsoever.  Heaven offend if any of us spoil the "effect" and the "message". 

I think Ambassador Cruises is one of the few to actually use real passengers in their marketing materials.

I did enjoy immensely watching Cunard's ad people "shoot" brochure (remember those?) photos aboard QV in September 2019 at La Spezia.  Deck tea with wooden steamer chairs dragged up to the Grill terrace and a white table cloth buffet groaning under an immense selection of delicacies including a whole lobster which was vaselined to give it that "just boiled" appearance.  Not to mention ensuring the "bellboy" was portrayed by a white model instead of the actual Asian bellboys. Talk about messaging....

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

There's nothing that says more of what company management thinks of its real customers when its marketing material shows models posing as fake customers who resolutely and consistently bear no physical resemblence to us whatsoever.  Heaven offend if any of us spoil the "effect" and the "message". 

I think Ambassador Cruises is one of the few to actually use real passengers in their marketing materials.

I did enjoy immensely watching Cunard's ad people "shoot" brochure (remember those?) photos aboard QV in September 2019 at La Spezia.  Deck tea with wooden steamer chairs dragged up to the Grill terrace and a white table cloth buffet groaning under an immense selection of delicacies including a whole lobster which was vaselined to give it that "just boiled" appearance.  Not to mention ensuring the "bellboy" was portrayed by a white model instead of the actual Asian bellboys. Talk about messaging....

We were also on the cruise and I have some cracking photos of that 'shoot'.

I complimented one of the models on her gorgeous, almost Fortuny gown, and it was a gown not just a long dress, as she finished posing outside the QG restaurant

Her reply?

'Got it out of wardrobe'.

So all those who use Cunard's  photo blurb as a definitive guide, you too can have wonderful clothes if you have access 'to wardrobe. and of course, are able to fit into 'wardrobe' attire.

That's me out then!!!  😄

• Haha 1

Don’t know if this was a plastic lobster or a real one but if it was real, it gave a whole new meaning to the dish 'boiled lobster'.

edit

Photo edited out as it had identifiable people on it

Edited by Victoria2

1 hour ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Then they wonder why first time cruiser's in the QG are disappointed in the product they actually receive and nothing like the impression given.

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Then they wonder why first time cruiser's in the QG are disappointed in the product they actually receive and nothing like the impression given.

I have yet to see said boiled lobster in any advertising blurb. Shame as they took so long to get the perfect shot.

I guess if you believe all marketing, then you might be disappointed but who on earth believes marketing ploys? Daytime television [I watched a lot of it when husband was in hospital] would have you believe all sorts of attractive seniors continually discussing ways to pay for funeral plans. Yeah right. I'm in a garden centre and I discuss funeral plans? Believe that and I can see how you WILL believe Cunard's advertising photos!

If I were a first timer in QG I'd be quite relieved 'the beautiful people' weren't draped over each other or over sun beds on deck 11.

Delighted actually! Real life as opposed to marketing hype.

3 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I have yet to see said boiled lobster in any advertising blurb. Shame as they took so long to get the perfect shot.

I guess if you believe all marketing, then you might be disappointed but who on earth believes marketing ploys? Daytime television [I watched a lot of it when husband was in hospital] would have you believe all sorts of attractive seniors continually discussing ways to pay for funeral plans. Yeah right. I'm in a garden centre and I discuss funeral plans? Believe that and I can see how you WILL believe Cunard's advertising photos!

If I were a first timer in QG I'd be quite relieved 'the beautiful people' weren't draped over each other or over sun beds on deck 11.

Delighted actually! Real life as opposed to marketing hype.

Whilst I agree with most of what you say but nobody can be happy that they replace the 'real' hardworking bell boys who like has been previously said are mainly, if not all Asian, by white models. I find that rather insulting and gives the impression that Cunard are ashamed of them and if not at least use an Asian model.

15 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Whilst I agree with most of what you say but nobody can be happy that they replace the 'real' hardworking bell boys who like has been previously said are mainly, if not all Asian, by white models. I find that rather insulting and gives the impression that Cunard are ashamed of them and if not at least use an Asian model.

Well I guess when one has the bit between teeth, one can nit pick at anything!

I could say I don't ever recall a bell boy bringing me my finished laundry or for that matter, appear anywhere other than  when boarding.

But I won't 'cos that would be nit picking.

and ps

I would imagine far from being 'ashamed' of Asian staff, Cunard are rightly proud of them.