CAFÉ AL BACIO and SPA CAFE

palmsandpines

20 hours ago, upwarduk said:

So what is the Hideaway used for now?
I hope it’s not a gathering place for teens as it was last August.

No, it was like an overflow library minus books.

Having said that, looking at what few books there are in the library, calling that a 'library' is stretching the definition somewhat.

Regards,

Cublet

On 6/15/2023 at 1:24 PM, thebutlerdidit said:

I thought the same. The thing I just don’t understand is why the smoothies at the Spa Cafe were never available under the Classic package when the cost is only $5-$6. So weird!

Could be because smoothies are made with fresh fruit and if they were 'free" i.e. included in the basic package demand would skyrocket meaning the amount of perishable fruit required would also rise. Under the current system it's easy for X to say " sorry no smoothies" or " only a certain flavour is available". If X said the same when it was included in every package you can imagine the line at Guest Services to complain.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the penguins said:

Could be because smoothies are made with fresh fruit and if they were 'free" i.e. included in the basic package demand would skyrocket meaning the amount of perishable fruit required would also rise. Under the current system it's easy for X to say " sorry no smoothies" or " only a certain flavour is available". If X said the same when it was included in every package you can imagine the line at Guest Services to complain.

That makes perfect sense! 

15 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Changed back in fall of 2016 - same time as they changed to a single price ceiling rather than different ceilings for beer, wine and liquor

So obviously more than a few years ago 🤣🤣, time flies eh? Thanks for confirming! 

9 hours ago, cublet said:

No, it was like an overflow library minus books.

Having said that, looking at what few books there are in the library, calling that a 'library' is stretching the definition somewhat.

Regards,

Cublet

Better than the "library" as it has a coffee machine. 😀😂

On 6/14/2023 at 10:22 PM, DaKahuna said:

They are $10 and up (Irish Coffee is $10, Aspen is $11) but they are not covered under the classic beverage package.  You pay full price for the International Coffee Cocktails unless you have the Premium Beverage Package. 

You can view prices using the App and going to Dining --> Coffee & Snack -->  Café al Bacio --> Menu and scrolling down through the drinks list. 

I paid the dollar plus gratuity difference on the classic package for the Aspen multiple times at Cafe Al Bacio in March. My aunt did the same. 

Edited by xamsx
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, xamsx said:

I paid the dollar plus gratuity difference on the classic package for the Aspen multiple times at Cafe Al Bacio in March. My aunt did the same. 

Some bartenders make a better Aspen coffee than others. One tried to replace the whipped cream with some sort of milk froth. I had them make me another one.