CAFÉ AL BACIO and SPA CAFE

palmsandpines

A few years ago, can’t recall exactly when the change occurred, back then you did have to pay the entire cost of the beverage if it was over the classic limit. That changed a few years ago to now only paying the difference plus service charge on the difference. 

11 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I thought the same. The thing I just don’t understand is why the smoothies at the Spa Cafe were never available under the Classic package when the cost is only $5-$6. So weird!

The cost difference is only for spirits wines and beers.  Never included the speciality type non alcoholic smoothies or sparkling waters Evian etc.  makes sense that you get give people who do upgrade more choices to make upgrade a better value for them I don’t drink the smoothies but do the juices and drink a ton of Perrier etc. so I do upgrade.  It’s vacation don’t want to think about it. I know I more then break even, done calculations on 3 cruises I took before Covid. 

Edited by bikerunner

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

As I understand it, like the Spa Cafe, Cafe al Bacio is different but I have been wrong before and could be wrong again but I remember paying $10 (plus gratuity) for a Coffee + Bailey's when I only had the Classic Beverage Package as Bailey's is not included on the Classic drink list.   

I don’t know when this was, but in the past few years, before covid, you just pay the difference over the Classic Package price point.  If you ordered a regular coffee and a shot of Bailey’s you should only have been charged the $1 overage plus 20%…$1.20.

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

There are a few alcoholic coffees at Cafe al Bacio that are in the Classic Package price point and are covered.  The Cafe Kingston and the Cafe Olé.

My husband ordered Mud Slides at Cafe Al Bacio multiple times and no additional charge with the classic package.  

7 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

As I understand it, like the Spa Cafe, Cafe al Bacio is different but I have been wrong before and could be wrong again but I remember paying $10 (plus gratuity) for a Coffee + Bailey's when I only had the Classic Beverage Package as Bailey's is not included on the Classic drink list.   

So can my wife get a Bailey's at a regular bar and just pay the difference over the $10 or $12 allowed in the classic package. I know you said not at the Spa or Bacio. 

40 minutes ago, palmsandpines said:

So can my wife get a Bailey's at a regular bar and just pay the difference over the $10 or $12 allowed in the classic package. I know you said not at the Spa or Bacio. 

I cannot say for sure how they will do it.  I can only go by my own experience which was pre-COVID.  

3 hours ago, palmsandpines said:

Yes, the difference plus the gratuity on the difference.

20 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

My wife will be unhappy with that. Lets hope not:)

The most important thing to me is that they stop people hogging the seats and reading, a book , doing a crossword, or just falling asleep.. The Cafe is there for Coffee and C-A-K--E-S.The problem is that everyone now has a package , so can sit there all day

1 hour ago, hampshirelad said:

The most important thing to me is that they stop people hogging the seats and reading, a book , doing a crossword, or just falling asleep.. The Cafe is there for Coffee and C-A-K--E-S.The problem is that everyone now has a package , so can sit there all day

Since AI is no longer compolsary (except Aqua and Suites) not everyone has a package. However I agree with your sentiments - if things get too bad a quiet word with the manager will usually get little cards put on the tables to encourage those passengers to move on.

On Silhouette last summer the Ensemble Lounge had a quiet time every morning for people who just wanted to sit and read - even the background music was turned off.

36 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Since AI is no longer compolsary (except Aqua and Suites) not everyone has a package. However I agree with your sentiments - if things get too bad a quiet word with the manager will usually get little cards put on the tables to encourage those passengers to move on.

On Silhouette last summer the Ensemble Lounge had a quiet time every morning for people who just wanted to sit and read - even the background music was turned off.

So how early does Cafe Bacio get overcrowded?  No seats? 

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

😆 We refer to the Ensemble Lounge as The Tomb…it is so dark.

Will have to check that out

7 hours ago, palmsandpines said:

So how early does Cafe Bacio get overcrowded?  No seats? 

On sea days it's busy all day but in the mornings they usually use the seats/tables in Sushi on 5 as an overspill which doubles the capacity. Passengers come and go and we have never not been able to find seats. Look out for couples at tables for 4 with bags on the other 2 seats and politely ask if those seats are free. Also for solos with computers/books etc spread over the tables and ask the same. Amazing how quickly seats become available or the "offenders" move on.

X also usually opens the coffee machine at the Gelatto station for "takeaways" which speeds up the service. 

4 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I was disappointed to discover last week that the automatic coffee machines at The Hideaway on 7 had been removed.

Regards,

Cublet

So what is the Hideaway used for now?
I hope it’s not a gathering place for teens as it was last August.

9 hours ago, the penguins said:

On sea days it's busy all day but in the mornings they usually use the seats/tables in Sushi on 5 as an overspill which doubles the capacity. Passengers come and go and we have never not been able to find seats. Look out for couples at tables for 4 with bags on the other 2 seats and politely ask if those seats are free. Also for solos with computers/books etc spread over the tables and ask the same. Amazing how quickly seats become available or the "offenders" move on.

X also usually opens the coffee machine at the Gelatto station for "takeaways" which speeds up the service. 

Great tips. Thanks

33 minutes ago, lrmrtn said:

Do you have to use the spa to go to the spa cafe?

No, it's open to all passengers. The food is complementary. The smoothies incur a charge which is covered by the Premium Beverage Package but not the Zero-Proof Package or Classic Beverage Package.

On 6/15/2023 at 3:32 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

A few years ago, can’t recall exactly when the change occurred, back then you did have to pay the entire cost of the beverage if it was over the classic limit. That changed a few years ago to now only paying the difference plus service charge on the difference. 

Changed back in fall of 2016 - same time as they changed to a single price ceiling rather than different ceilings for beer, wine and liquor