CAFÉ AL BACIO and SPA CAFE

palmsandpines

Cafe al Bacio serves espresso, lattes, macchiatos, specialty teas, hot chocolate and it has pastries/desserts also.  Pastries are free coffees,  etc  have a charge most covered by the Classic package.  It also can serve drinks.

The Spa Cafe serves a limited breakfast and lunch menu of “healthy” options.

I don’t believe the Classic package covers the smoothies in the Spa Cafe. 

None of the juices or smoothies in the Spa Cafe are covered by the classic drink package.  All the food is included for anyone (with or without a drink package).

The only drinks NOT covered at Cafe al Bacio under the classic package are a few of the alcohol based ones that are over $10, although your drink package does get you a $10 discount on any of those drinks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, prmssk said:

None of the juices or smoothies in the Spa Cafe are covered by the classic drink package.  All the food is included for anyone (with or without a drink package).

The only drinks NOT covered at Cafe al Bacio under the classic package are a few of the alcohol based ones that are over $10, although your drink package does get you a $10 discount on any of those drinks.

Great to know. Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, prmssk said:

This answers my questions. Thanks!

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

Cafe al Bacio serves espresso, lattes, macchiatos, specialty teas, hot chocolate and it has pastries/desserts also.  Pastries are free coffees,  etc  have a charge most covered by the Classic package.  It also can serve drinks.

The Spa Cafe serves a limited breakfast and lunch menu of “healthy” options.

I don’t believe the Classic package covers the smoothies in the Spa Cafe. 

Great. Mainly trying to figure out where to best get a latte and pastry in the morning for the classic package. 

13 hours ago, prmssk said:

Guess I won't have many smoothies. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, palmsandpines said:

Great. Mainly trying to figure out where to best get a latte and pastry in the morning for the classic package. 

Cafe Al Bacio is the place and they open fairly early.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Depending on the ship, most have lattes, cappuccinos, espressos, etc also available at the bar in the Buffet.

18 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Depending on the ship, most have lattes, cappuccinos, espressos, etc also available at the bar in the Buffet.

I have seen people up there, but never got in the line. So go up and order a latte and they charge it to my classic package? 

On 6/13/2023 at 7:10 PM, prmssk said:

Does anyone know how much are the alcohol coffee drinks at Cafe al Bacio? Years ago when we last sailed with Celebrity, they were under $10.

1 hour ago, CCBB said:

Does anyone know how much are the alcohol coffee drinks at Cafe al Bacio? Years ago when we last sailed with Celebrity, they were under $10.

They are $10 and up (Irish Coffee is $10, Aspen is $11) but they are not covered under the classic beverage package.  You pay full price for the International Coffee Cocktails unless you have the Premium Beverage Package. 

You can view prices using the App and going to Dining --> Coffee & Snack -->  Café al Bacio --> Menu and scrolling down through the drinks list. 

Edited by DaKahuna

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

They are $10 and up (Irish Coffee is $10, Aspen is $11) but they are not covered under the classic beverage package.  You pay full price for the International Coffee Cocktails unless you have the Premium Beverage Package. 

I thought you just paid the difference…So if your Classic limit is $10 and the drink you want is $12 you just pay the $2 + service…Never had a classic package so maybe I am wrong. It may help the OP if someone can confirm…

Edited by chemmo

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

I thought you just paid the difference…So if your Classic limit is $10 and the drink you want is $12 you just pay the $2 + service…Never had a classic package so maybe I am wrong. It may help the OP if someone can confirm…

I thought the same. The thing I just don’t understand is why the smoothies at the Spa Cafe were never available under the Classic package when the cost is only $5-$6. So weird!

Thanks for the responses. I wonder if anyone who recently cruised can confirm if the alcoholic coffee drinks at Al Bacio are covered in the Classic drink package, i.e. up to $10 and pay the difference + gratuity for higher price drinks. When we sailed pre-covid and had a classic drink package, most of those drinks were covered. Things may have changed : (

7 hours ago, chemmo said:

You are correct….we had the classic package in Feb on Silhouette and only paid the difference (plus the tip on that difference) on any beverages that were over our $10 limit. Often the servers/bartenders didn’t charge anything extra. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I thought the same. The thing I just don’t understand is why the smoothies at the Spa Cafe were never available under the Classic package when the cost is only $5-$6. So weird!

The price limit of each package isn’t applicable to non-alcohol beverages.

As I understand it, like the Spa Cafe, Cafe al Bacio is different but I have been wrong before and could be wrong again but I remember paying $10 (plus gratuity) for a Coffee + Bailey's when I only had the Classic Beverage Package as Bailey's is not included on the Classic drink list.