Room Service on Embarkation day?

Linaeve

No room service on the Statendam on the morning of disembarkation. I do not believe that there was a carve out for suite guests. It was rather odd, but the Statendam crew heavily utilized guest elevators for room service deliveries, it would be a nightmare to try and deliver food on disembarkation/embarkation day. So many people explore the ship on the first day, that wait times and crowding on the elevator is nuts. It does level out at Day 2.

1 hour ago, Linaeve said:

Is room service available on embarkation day? Not sure if it matters but I'll be in the Pinnacle suite. 

Many will tell you there isn’t I’m sure but there will always be people doing b2b.  Like the previous poster said there could be a delay if you get it for lunch.  It should be fine for dinner.

Crew is very busy on turn-around days. Many up all night getting luggage out of the hallways and into the loading area and then getting it off the ship when it docks. I think a lot of the crew has to do double duty on turn-around days,  so fewer available for routine services.  

Plus the cabin crews need to get all cabins ready for the new passengers by check-in time starting around noon. We always go to the MDR on disembarkation days. Our last farewell to the ship moment.

• Like 2

This was pre-covid but when we boarded the Noordam 2016 there was already hot and cold apps, also fruit and truffles on the table.  Your millage may vary. 

FAFEC65B-F28B-4409-934C-857091368D14_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.bc70e53fe4e43b3c56283c590415a4e2.jpeg

Edited by TheEmerson
typo
  • Like 2

Yes, you can order room service on embarkation day.  And while it technically shouldn't matter that you're in the PS, I'm sure they will prioritize your order and make extra effort to get it to you quickly.