Aurea Priority boarding 1st MSC cruise

Jeal

We are going on our first MSC and booked an Aurea balcony. Since we only booked this cruise today and it leaves next week our boarding time says 2:30. The Aurea benefits say priority boarding. Does that mean we can board whenever we arrive? 

At Port Canaveral Aurea guests will have a separate checkin line along with Diamond Voyagers. You will also be invited to board right after Yacht Club and special assistance guests when boarding does begin. You can show up as early as you like. The terminal doors have been opening about 10 AM. If you arrive after general boarding has begun you can board as soon as you are checked in. Once open boarding begins it won’t make any difference when you arrive.

• Like 1

kelleherdl - many, many thanks for the info. I appreciate it. If you think of anything else a first timer on MSC needs to know please let me know. We are excited to try MSC. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello

We are new to MSC as well. We have booked for a cruise in October from Southampton in an Aurea cabin which I understand is priority boarding. However we have been allocated a time of 17:00 which doesn’t seem very priority to me! Can I arrive earlier than that and get onboard?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

On 6/19/2023 at 9:10 PM, Jeal said:

kelleherdl - many, many thanks for the info. I appreciate it. If you think of anything else a first timer on MSC needs to know please let me know. We are excited to try MSC. 

One thing I would add is that you may have to remind the port workers during check-in that you are in Aurea class so you can get to the proper priority line.  They are contractors, and there have been reports of Aurea and Diamond guests being led to the normal check-in lines.  Just simply ask if you are in the correct priority line.

Edited by JAGR

45 minutes ago, Pandacruisers said:

Hello

We are new to MSC as well. We have booked for a cruise in October from Southampton in an Aurea cabin which I understand is priority boarding. However we have been allocated a time of 17:00 which doesn’t seem very priority to me! Can I arrive earlier than that and get onboard?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

I would take the 1700 with a pinch of salt. That will more than likely get change. The only time my check in time was actually checked was my first cruise after Covid which was the very early days when they started up again. Then after that no one has ever checked. I've turned up early and later than my check in times but they have all been before 12pm. Having done over 7 cruises out of the UK with msc, they like you on board asap so they can get the safety briefing out the way so people can get to dinner. The last couple of times it's been between 4 and 4.30ish.

Aurea along with Diamond will have its own priority check in lane in Southampton but after you been through security with everyone else. Only in Yacht club will you get to the front of the queue in security. Once you go upstairs then you get priority. Then you queue with everyone else on the gangway unless your in Yacht Club. So really it's just the checkin bit thats quicker.

Edited by Cruiseforever11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frenchy34 said:

So where do you drop off your luggage in Southampton please?
do you queue with it or drop it somewhere first then queue ?
is the priority boarding lane upstairs in the main hall .

You drop your luggage off first. The port staff all hover near the main zebra crossing which you can't really avoid and they ask to see your cabin number and then direct you to the correct drop off point. 

The priority lane is upstairs in the main hall and there's someone normally floating around to direct you to the correct checkin bit.

4 minutes ago, Frenchy34 said:

Thank you, do you also know how to book the special restaurants in a purchased package?
can it be done via the app or do you need to approach the restaurant?

To be fair I have never booked one of these restaurants packages but if I was booking the butchers cut (which I do on every cruise that has one because it is so good) it is one of the 1st things i do when I get on board.(only because its gets booked up really quick) You can either book it via your on board msc app, on your t.v in your cabin or pop down to the restaurant that you want to book in person. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Frenchy34 said:

Thank you, do you also know how to book the special restaurants in a purchased package?
can it be done via the app or do you need to approach the restaurant?

Booking is done once onboard. 

• 2 months later...

Hello regarding priority boarding and the Auera experience 

We are going from Miami port in May 24 and have read that there is no priority boarding in place there? Can anyone provide any advice or personal experience?

many thanks in advance  

On 6/19/2023 at 8:10 PM, Jeal said:

We had an aurea suite right before covid broke out and it was our first time with MSC.  We did the priority boarding and it literally was 25 minutes to ship. 

We upgraded to the drinks package (above easy) and while we did not break free we preferred being able to order whatever we wanted.

My Time Dining is the best!!! absolutely hands down it is great because you can choose when you want to eat, that flexibility was a value add for us, we were on vacation and so if we caught a show, we ate either very early or later depending on our mood.

Room service was fund, we did breakfast a couple of times in the room instead of getting dressed and heading to the buffet with the masses.

If Aurea still includes the thermal spa, take advantage.  

Its a beautiful ship and the stroll on the main level, with LED display is awesome it can get loud if there are events going on in the same area, but that area and the champagne bar and below are some great places for hanging out/people watching. 

The chocolate shop is an extra charge, but worth it imo for small treats or souvenirs for friends/family

If you want to do the water slides, go the first day and get the form filled out/signed and turned in you get a wristband and it makes the wait a little less.  

We found the food to be very good and the waitstaff in MDR excellent.  Our head waiter was the best we had ever had.  

With the exception of cirque du soliel we didn't do any other shows or dance parties, we usually hung out and listened to a quartet or the piano player.

Pool wise we loved that there was a private solarium area for Aurea so there were chairs, hot tub and pool that were not overrun with small children or overfull with crowds. 

Happy Sailings!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1