Help pick an obstructed view balcony

Trying to figure out what cabin to book for Alaska next year on Brilliance. The obstructed views are considerably cheaper than regular, and from what I can gather, most are due to the awning over the life boats so you can't look straight down.. 

Of the available cabins below, thoughts on the best one with the least obstruction?? I'm leaning towards 7594. Vintages is below so shouldn't have a ton of noise. 

We did  ovation already and assuming the downgrade in ship and added cost to get to Vancouver vs Seattle is worth it for the better itinerary. Screenshot_20230620_140700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d23a1657ebc15071e94b84b8daefe012.jpgScreenshot_20230620_140647_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b98947e3386b4b3f0da4828b715f7808.jpgScreenshot_20230620_140640_Chrome.thumb.jpg.db3a96d2938aa49269d448cfa0c5fbab.jpg

Edited by colesc15

This video is more aft than the first video I posted (this is of the port side tho) but it will give you an idea of what the other side will be,

Edited by LilBlackDress

There's an aft balcony on deck 10 but for an extra $550 per person, doesn't seem worth it when the obstructed views don't look very obstructed other than looking straight down which in Alaska, everything is out anyway 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

There's an aft balcony on deck 10 but for an extra $550 per person, doesn't seem worth it when the obstructed views don't look very obstructed other than looking straight down which in Alaska, everything is out anyway 

We had JS 1100, a corner aft, on one of our Alaska cruises and we saw dahl's porpoises very, very close to the ship, jumping in the water.  We would not have been able to see the ones alongside the ship if we couldn't look straight down.  We did see others playing in the wake behind the ship too.

54 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I'd take that aft balcony every time.  I had an aft balcony on deck 10 on explorer for Alaska and the views were spectacular, especially when the ship stops and does the 360 degree slow spin.  

4 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

It definitely looks like it's bigger than most, and the "smallest life boat cover" below it. 

Ive had one of those on a different class of ship and loved it.  This is from Ovation of the Seas.

IMG_2080.thumb.jpeg.8fcee15461470ef77dda74243a0b7149.jpeg

I'd take one again in a heartbeat.  

IMG_2076.thumb.jpeg.61b99db247de04c17b16063e9f544158.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Ive had one of those on a different class of ship and loved it.  This is from Ovation of the Seas.

IMG_2080.thumb.jpeg.8fcee15461470ef77dda74243a0b7149.jpeg

I'd take one again in a heartbeat.  

IMG_2076.thumb.jpeg.61b99db247de04c17b16063e9f544158.jpeg

The issue with 7594 is the noise from the entertainment in the Centrum.  The video that is available for this cabin has a decent balcony, about half as deep as this one.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

The issue with 7594 is the noise from the entertainment in the Centrum.  The video that is available for this cabin has a decent balcony, about half as deep as this one.

I'm up pretty late so it really isn't an issue for me but I can see how it might if you are a light sleeper. I had 1054 on Serenade and once they closed the door to the hallway at 10 pm the noise was quite faint.  Deck 7 might be a little worse but I know it wouldn't bother us.  

It is definitely something to be aware of if your sleep is easily disturbed.

16 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm up pretty late so it really isn't an issue for me but I can see how it might if you are a light sleeper. I had 1054 on Serenade and once they closed the door to the hallway at 10 pm the noise was quite faint.  Deck 7 might be a little worse but I know it wouldn't bother us.  

Agree. We're usually up late each night so any noise shouldn't bother us. We live in the city as well so sleep through fire truck sirens and loud cars every night lol. The idea of getting this cabin with a larger balcony and some of what seems to be the least obstructed is intriguing. 

I haven't been able to find a video of this specific cabin on any radiance class ship unfortunately

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We were on deck 8 and they weren't closing the firedoors at that time, so the noise was loud until around midnight.  Not a big deal unless you have an early port day the next day.  The person who did the video of 7594 didn't complain about noise.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We were on deck 8 and they weren't closing the firedoors at that time, so the noise was loud until around midnight.  Not a big deal unless you have an early port day the next day.  The person who did the video of 7594 didn't complain about noise.

Where did you see a, video of 7594? I've seen some of nearby, but not the actual room on any Radiance class ship 

45 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Agree. We're usually up late each night so any noise shouldn't bother us. We live in the city as well so sleep through fire truck sirens and loud cars every night lol. The idea of getting this cabin with a larger balcony and some of what seems to be the least obstructed is intriguing. 

I haven't been able to find a video of this specific cabin on any radiance class ship unfortunately

Here is 7592.  Its 8 years old but should be really similar I'd think

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We had JS 1100, a corner aft, on one of our Alaska cruises and we saw dahl's porpoises very, very close to the ship, jumping in the water.  We would not have been able to see the ones alongside the ship if we couldn't look straight down.  We did see others playing in the wake behind the ship too.

I love JS 1100!! 
It will be hard for me to book a Radiance Class cruise and not get 1100! 

• Like 1