¡Live! Regal 12 Night UK Cruise (6/25-7/7)

KarmaCruisers

Made it to our hotel finally 

Whew! It’s a warm, humid day here on London!

The flight wasn’t bad at all. The food was good (we got a dinner then a breakfast)

watched a couple movies and maybe slept an hour, lol

Were cooling off in the room for a minute, trying to decide where to eat; then we’ll be off to see sites.

IMG_5628.jpeg

IMG_5627.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We also visited the Tower of London in May 2022 and spent quite a bit of time there. We were able to see the Crown Jewels. We also used two different HOHO buses and that worked well for us.

• Like 1

Whew! What a day today was!

usually I’m a fat slob that MIIIGHT walk 1000 steps in a day…we did 13,000 today!!

we literally were GO GO GO. We seen Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abby, Big Ben, Parliament, and The London Eye!

We are DEAD tired (and it’s only 5:45pm!)

we’re going to try to stay up as late as we can, so we can get a full 8-10 hours of sleep. 
Our bus leaves out of Victoria Station at 10:30am tommorow, so we need to be up early and ready to go.

Heres some pictures from today

IMG_5648.jpeg

IMG_5647.jpeg

IMG_5646.jpeg

IMG_5645.jpeg

IMG_5644.jpeg

IMG_5640.jpeg

IMG_5639.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Wakey wakey!

we literally passed out last night at 6pm, and slept all the way until 7am this morning! Haha

got up and around and grabbed some breakfast from McDonalds across the street…yeah I know what you’re saying..you travel all the way across the world, and get MCDONALDS for breakfast!?

YES! Because they have things we don’t! 
we got a breakfast sandwich on a REGULAR burger bun and it had Egg/Bacon/Sausage/Ham/Cheese WITH the “brown sauce” (tastes like the HP steaksauce) It was good AF!

After breakfast we took the Picadilly Line Tube up to Kings Cross; to see “Platform 9.75”.

Now we’re back in the room relaxing for a few until we have to leave out of here at 9:30; to head toward Victoria Station, to catch National Express.

im attaching a picture of an interesting flavor of crisps that I bought.

IMG_5650.jpeg

IMG_5651.jpeg

• Like 2

whew!

what a walk from the Victoria Underground Station, to the Victoria Coach Station! (With two big suitcases in tow!)

it’s an absolute madhouse here at Victoria Coach! I seen the “Princess” contracted bus que and it’s PACKED..we’re technically on the same bus (going to Southampton bus station though) and it only cost us 20pounds each (round trip)

getting on the bus now

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@KarmaCruisers A note of advice-

Instead  of the Princess transfer coach, arrange for private transportation. Hotel pick up to the port-easy peasy.

It may be costly, but factored into the vacation plan, it can be doable and so much easier.

MJ

I believe the OP took the National Express Bus, not the Princess transfer bus.  We’ve done both Blackberry Car Service and the NE bus.  Car service is great, but about ten times more expensive, so not an option for everyone.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I believe the OP took the National Express Bus, not the Princess transfer bus.  We’ve done both Blackberry Car Service and the NE bus.  Car service is great, but about ten times more expensive, so not an option for everyone.

Yup, and I’m a cheap **** 

the bus was perfectly fine..no matter what you took, that traffic would have screwed you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Did they use the boarding times?  Sounds like embarkation was easy 😁🛳️

No..but we weren’t even close to the first group..our boarding time was 1:30-2..and we came at exactly 2…walked right through the entire process 

(They checked our passports, we picked up medallions, we tapped in on the ship and they took our security photo)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Captain Tim Stringer just came on the speaker and talked for a solid 10 minutes about saillaway haha

Honestly never heard a captain say so much..then again, never sailed with a captain who was English-first-language.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Captain Tim Stringer just came on the speaker and talked for a solid 10 minutes about saillaway haha

Honestly never heard a captain say so much..then again, never sailed with a captain who was English-first-language.

Captain Timmy is our favorite, he is great!

• Like 1