Wine bottles on board

Have the wine menus been fairly accurate recently? Or is Royal still claiming “supply chain issues”?

There are a few bottles listed on the menus that I like… but I’d like to know if they actually be AVAILABLE.

37 minutes ago, poocher said:

If there is something you particularly want, I would suggest carrying it on board with you.  1 bottle allowed per adult.  

Oh I know. But two bottles on a 9 night cruise is not gonna suffice. 

45 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

Have the wine menus been fairly accurate recently? Or is Royal still claiming “supply chain issues”?

There are a few bottles listed on the menus that I like… but I’d like to know if they actually be AVAILABLE.

You post this as if supply chain issues aren't a real thing

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

You can bring more than two bottles, you’ll just have to pay the corkage for the extras

So, do you get to bring on 2 bottles and not pay a corkage fee?  If you bring more what would be that cost?  I'm not a wine drinker but others who may go with us are and I have never sailed on Royal yet.  So are you able to bring soda or water as well?  On NCL for many years we were able to brink Cokes on but that has been taken away.

5 minutes ago, cruiseat50 said:

So, do you get to bring on 2 bottles and not pay a corkage fee?  If you bring more what would be that cost?  I'm not a wine drinker but others who may go with us are and I have never sailed on Royal yet.  So are you able to bring soda or water as well?  On NCL for many years we were able to brink Cokes on but that has been taken away.

You can bring two 750ml bottles of wine per cabin, and only pay corkage on additional bottles beyond the two.  I think the corkage is $15 per bottle, but not sure as I haven’t checked the faq on the RC website lately. You can bring 12 sealed non alcoholic beverages up too … 17 ozs, again, double check the volume in the faq.  And yes, I used to sail NCL as my go to cruise line and we would bring water bottles and check them.  That was a change we weren’t happy with, and while it didn’t cause us to switch lines, it was part of the overall dissatisfaction.

2 hours ago, cruiseat50 said:

So, do you get to bring on 2 bottles and not pay a corkage fee?  If you bring more what would be that cost?

That poster is conflating two things. There’s no paying anything extra to bring more than the allowance on board - if observed, they (the extra bottles) will be detained at either the security checkpoint on the port or by the staff on board scanning checked luggage.

The corkage fee, which you would likely never pay, is if you brought a bottle you already have to a public venue for consumption. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That poster is conflating two things. There’s no paying anything extra to bring more than the allowance on board - if observed, they (the extra bottles) will be detained at either the security checkpoint on the port or by the staff on board scanning checked luggage.

The corkage fee, which you would likely never pay, is if you brought a bottle you already have to a public venue for consumption. 

No, I wasn’t conflating.   I was mixing up cruise lines though — sorry OP and others for incorrect info.  Princess lets you pay corkage on the extra bottles (or they did, don’t know current policy).  Royal let’s you bring an extra bottle if you are doing B2B but holds the extra one until day 1 of the second cruise.  

Edited by 3kidsncats