Big news tomorrow (apparently!)

killarneylady

Personally, if X brings Beyond back from Europe next summer and adds Coco Cay, I will probably book it immediately. We have a Canada/Greenland in late summer, but early summer is open and I have yet to go on Beyond. I have only been to Coco Cay once, but it was a lovely day. Beach day with drink package? Yes, please! 

As far as sharing Coco Cay with RCCL, I am sure they will work something out to not have both lines call there the same day. Carnival/HAL do it with Half Moon Cay, though I don’t think HAL calls there during the summer months.

There have been lots of last minute Europe deals this summer. Maybe X has overdeployed a bit more than demand, so this is an attempt to balance. Not to mention there will be an additional X ship next summer.

Any way, I am looking forward to the news and have no worries over it.

• Like 3

Wasn't it about this time last year they had the sale on removing the single supplement for most if not all cruises? Maybe a repeat of that? 

Personally I've zero interest in any plans to have a private resort stop in the Caribbean. Little to no interest in cruising the Caribbean anyway and would honestly prefer they didn't have most of their ships there over the winter. 

• Like 2

They might be announcing a much requested overhaul with the Captains Club.  Celebrity may introduce new tiers that will include names like Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club.  Wouldn't that be perfect.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

Looks like there is only one cruise, a six day on Reflection in July for next summer right now.

IMG_0778.thumb.png.d0c4d81ac0fa4b07955601136c53e682.png

Good find. I would think this just about confirms Reflections itineraries next summer are being modified to accommodate Cococay stops. 

15 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

They might be announcing a much requested overhaul with the Captains Club.  Celebrity may introduce new tiers that will include names like Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club.  Wouldn't that be perfect.

Doubtful. This announcement is going to be all about Perfect Day. 

23 minutes ago, OysterD said:

Personally I've zero interest in any plans to have a private resort stop in the Caribbean. Little to no interest in cruising the Caribbean anyway and would honestly prefer they didn't have most of their ships there over the winter. 

Seriously? There is a reason the cruise line is called Royal Caribbean. The ships are optimized for Caribbean cruises and they have two private islands. Royal Caribbean is the wrong cruise line for you. 

4 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Is your guess...or you know something for sure?

I'm hoping not, and at the very least change the name because 'perfect day' sounds utterly cheesy and the whole concept to me sounds more like a hellish day! 

Just now, OysterD said:

I'm hoping not, and at the very least change the name because 'perfect day' sounds utterly cheesy and the whole concept to me sounds more like a hellish day! 

The email is a twist on words. “Tomorrow’s going to be a Perfect Day”. It’s definitely about Cococay. 

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

I’m ok with this if there is a surf machine. The young people call it flow rider.  They could remove the Retreat Sundeck to make space for it.

Where will they put the RipCord and other RCL gadgets?

3 minutes ago, OysterD said:

Take a look at the screenshot in post #47. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Seriously? There is a reason the cruise line is called Royal Caribbean. The ships are optimized for Caribbean cruises and they have two private islands. Royal Caribbean is the wrong cruise line for you. 

Actually the cruise line is called Celebrity, and the name to me doesn't indicate I should expect Celebrities on every sailing, so that's a slightly bizarre comment. Just like you shouldn't expect all HAL cruises to be in either the Netherlands or America. 

• Like 2

Just now, TeaBag said:

Since this email is a Captains Club email, maybe they are announcing a new tier between Elite Plus and Zenith?

I wish. Maybe they will call it the Perfect tier?  I don’t think so. They are going to announce Perfect Day at Coco Cay on Celebrity itineraries. 

26 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Sometimes my online humor is a little too dry.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Sometimes my online humor is a little too dry.

Well, *I* like it...lol!

I must say, I have been reading this thread just as an interested observer...don't know that whatever the announcement is will really have any significant effect on what , if any, booking I do with X...

ETA: No email received here either...

Edited by dlh015
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OysterD said:

Actually the cruise line is called Celebrity, and the name to me doesn't indicate I should expect Celebrities on every sailing, so that's a slightly bizarre comment. Just like you shouldn't expect all HAL cruises to be in either the Netherlands or America. 

Yes, sorry I am mixing up threads on Perfect Day from the other board. But Celebrity is owned by the Royal Caribbean Group and apparently they desire to optimize their investment in the two private islands they own. 

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Yes, sorry I am mixing up threads on Perfect Day from the other board. But Celebrity is owned by the Royal Caribbean Group and apparently they desire to optimize their investment in the two private islands they own. 

I am too lazy to look, what is the other board saying? 

"Oh no, don't tell us we have to share the island with those people?"

"Our day just became imperfect"

• Haha 7