Repricing of Cruise

palmsandpines

I noticed that my particular cruise and stateroom category went down in price today by $600. I originally booked this cruise online with Celebrity and called them directly today. The person told me that a number of months back, they stopped repricing the best price guarantee once the cruise had been paid in full. Meaning no chance for a reprice in the future, because I paid off my cruise. It this what others have experienced too? Thank you!

3 minutes ago, palmsandpines said:

I noticed that my particular cruise and stateroom category went down in price today by $600. I originally booked this cruise online with Celebrity and called them directly today. The person told me that a number of months back, they stopped repricing the best price guarantee once the cruise had been paid in full. Meaning no chance for a reprice in the future, because I paid off my cruise. It this what others have experienced too? Thank you!

Unless you are past final payment date, we suggest you call Celebrity again and speak with a different agent.  You should be able to reprice before final payment date.  Good luck!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, palmsandpines said:

Did you pay in full because you were past the final payment date? If past that date, it cannot be repriced.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Unless you are past final payment date, we suggest you call Celebrity again and speak with a different agent.  You should be able to reprice before final payment date.  Good luck!

Final payment was last week. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you are before final payment but have happened to pay in full you can still reprice.   The ability to reprice stops at 90 days out (or the official final payment date listed on your invoice.

Good to know. Thanks. 

18 hours ago, palmsandpines said:

Good to know. Thanks. 

Once final payment has passed you can't reprice but you may be able to upgrade to a higher category. I've always been able to get a better location and in one instance got a concierge SV. 

• Like 1

I was able to get a price drop in the form of additional OBC (around $600 I think) after final payment. This was in October 2021. It’s possible the rules have changed, but it’s worth a try. Good luck!

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, traveler2772 said:

I also had a substantial price drop after we made final payment. I booked directly with Celebrity and they gave me the difference in OBC. This was in March 2022 on Apex.

Rules were different in March 2022.  They still had the Cruise With Confidence program in effect.

I believe that program ended April 30, 2022 (start of the Europe season) and has now reverted to the pre covid policies.  

The best price guarantee now only covers a drop after final payment if the fare drops within 48 hrs of booking (if you book after final payment).

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Once final payment has passed you can't reprice but you may be able to upgrade to a higher category. I've always been able to get a better location and in one instance got a concierge SV. 

This is good to know. I will start watching!

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Rules were different in March 2022.  They still had the Cruise With Confidence program in effect.

I believe that program ended April 30, 2022 (start of the Europe season) and has now reverted to the pre covid policies.  

The best price guarantee now only covers a drop after final payment if the fare drops within 48 hrs of booking (if you book after final payment).

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

Thanks

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I tried to do this for our upcoming Baltic cruise and was told that it wasn’t possible unless I cancelled the booking altogether and then rebooked losing the non refundable deposit. Booking was made in Australia. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

I tried to do this for our upcoming Baltic cruise and was told that it wasn’t possible unless I cancelled the booking altogether and then rebooked losing the non refundable deposit. Booking was made in Australia. 

I thought about that. I will change my booking habits with Celebrity and see how that does. 

21 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

I was told something similar on my last Beyond cruise.  That info came from my TA.  But it may have been after final payment.

• Like 1