Recently Off Emerald Princess - Thoughts

flhokie

2 minutes ago, JoRoy218 said:

We spent a short time in the Wheelhouse, wanted to like them but…

actually  felt sorry for them. 

OK, it wasn't just me then.  I felt the same.

11 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

The singers on this ship can actually sing the songs they are given. Which is a rarity on cruise ships. Rock/Opera(Yes, I inserted a slash) had great singing, good dancing, and of course, no real story line. The "Opera" part was cut into the middle of the soft rock, basically not working with the rest.

The pre-show music was Guns and Roses, but the show was "soft rock". With one reasonably good attempt at actual rock.

The Emerald band was good as most ship bands. The Party Band was the same. Pacho and Olivia were the worst thing on four legs. The Guitarist, Piano player and strings were fine.

The comedians Oscar Carlos and "the other guy" were good.

We were on the same cruise.   My evening activity is listen to the music in the lounges (not the big show).  Yes, Pacho and Olivia were not up to par as “wheelhouse” singers.  The party band was OK,  it not to my taste.   The classical music was great, and so was the piano man.   But I sure hope they get some new entertainers before my August cruise.

Edited by LawDog61

16 hours ago, luvcdays said:

Can anyone tell me what movies are playing on MUTS?  Thx

On our sailing some of the movies were “Top Gun Maverick,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “80 for Brady,” and “Death on the Nile.” 

What did you think about the awarded prizes as a result of winning trivia games and other contests? 

I liked the variety as in my 2022 Panama Canal sailing, I won:

1. Blue Emerald Princess coasters.

2. Blue Princess Notebooks.

3. Gray Princess bags.

4. Champagne bottles.

5. Princess medals.

On 6/29/2023 at 1:51 PM, flhokie said:

Disembarkation - This was probably the easiest disembarkation we've experienced (in our many cruises). After breakfast at Sabitini's, we went to the lounge for those needing assistance off the ship. They had someone immediately take my mom, transferred her to a port worker in the terminal who pushed her the rest of the way. Got our bags (and porter) and then did facial recognition for customs/immigration. We were getting in a taxi within 15 minutes of arriving in the disembarkation lounge. 

We are doing same cruise at end of month. What time did you get off the ship? Or even better, what was the earliest people could get off ship?

How long was taxi ride from Port to LAX?

Port to LAX is 35 minutes, but count on at least an hour to get to your gate as traffic backs up at the airport. 

I think we were in the first group off a little after 7am. Line up at 6:15, if you really need to be the first off. 

7 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Port to LAX is 35 minutes, but count on at least an hour to get to your gate as traffic backs up at the airport. 

I think we were in the first group off a little after 7am. Line up at 6:15, if you really need to be the first off. 

Thanks. That helps a lot. I think we have plenty of time. Flight leaves at 11:30 from LAX

3 hours ago, krufrank said:

Thanks. That helps a lot. I think we have plenty of time. Flight leaves at 11:30 from LAX

Last week, disembarking on a Saturday morning, we were at LAX, out of our Uber, by 8:15am.  We didn't rush off or hurry in any way.  Our flight departed at 12:30.  It was a long wait in LAX. 

That said, ours was a Saturday morning experience.  Weekday morning traffic, I understand, can upend the time equation significantly.

21 hours ago, BrandiGreg said:

We were on this same cruise in our cheapo inside cabin. Our 57th with Princess and it was above average.  Food great.  Good ports. Easy embarkation for us.  

57! Amazing! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2023 at 10:07 AM, flhokie said:

On our sailing some of the movies were “Top Gun Maverick,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “80 for Brady,” and “Death on the Nile.” 

I see that they haven't updated them very much.

On 7/1/2023 at 10:25 PM, Robbie555 said:

What did you think about the awarded prizes as a result of winning trivia games and other contests? 

Most times on the Enchanted the prizes where limited to Princess coasters, especially for trivia where multiple people won. ☹️