Fixed embarkation times?

marielco

My first MSC cruise was soon after cruising restarted after the pandemic.  Then we were given an embarkation time.  Is this still the case or can you now arrive whenever you like on embarkation day?  

2 hours ago, marielco said:

My first MSC cruise was soon after cruising restarted after the pandemic.  Then we were given an embarkation time.  Is this still the case or can you now arrive whenever you like on embarkation day?  

For my MSC cruises from the US in the past 18 months, no one ever looked at the scheduled boarding time.

2 hours ago, marielco said:

You will still get an embarkation time but it doesn't seem like they are enforcing it.

We will embark the World Europa in two weeks and we have been given a time but we plan to arrive when we want to.

• Like 1

My next cruise they gave me 1230.  Now, I’m diamond so maybe I could get in earlier.  But I’m aging and have trouble standing very long.  Like five minutes.  So if a later time eliminates lines, I’m for it.  EM

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

My next cruise they gave me 1230.  Now, I’m diamond so maybe I could get in earlier.  But I’m aging and have trouble standing very long.  Like five minutes.  So if a later time eliminates lines, I’m for it.  EM

There’s a separate line for diamond and Aurea guests. No wait after going through security.

11 hours ago, Tierun said:

There’s a separate line for diamond and Aurea guests. No wait after going through security.

Depending on the port you may have to ask someone. On one of our cruises, the agent was directing everyone to the regular line, and standing right in front of the sign and a narrow opening for aurea and diamond, so no one could really see the sign or tell there was a separate line (with no wait) there. We knew we were supposed to have a separate line so we asked. The agent looked at our boarding documents and then moved aside.

From what I recall the signs are fairly large, at least at Port Canaveral and Miami. To be honest it sounds like the agent was doing roughly the right thing. Without a ‘gatekeeper’ at the head of the line that special checkin line would soon not be very special. I personally am okay that I need to ask and present my eTicket. I do know early after the COVID restart they were not there, but I’m sure that had more to do with the COVID procedures and those infernal vaccine card lines.