Prepaying Gratuities

sunonfire

I just received the email about gratuities going up. The email explained how to prepay the gratuities. I could not find it on my reservation following their instructions. I checked everywhere and I could not find the gratuities. I have onboard credit that I figured that I might as well use to prepay. This is definitely most aggravating.

If you booked your cruise through a travel agent, the travel agent has to add the gratuities to your account.  If you booked the cruise on your own (through the website for example), you should see an option under Manage My Reservation when you log into Celebrity's website.  It's in the same place where you can select beds together or separate and shows your dining time.

Edit to add:  I do not believe you can use OBC to prepay gratuities.  

Edited by prmssk

Log in on the website, then go to Manage My Reservation, then open the drop down for Reservation Details, you'll see the gratuities option there. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

4 minutes ago, prmssk said:
1 minute ago, omeinv said:

Log in on the website, then go to Manage My Reservation, then open the drp down for Reservation Details, you'll see the gratuities option there. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Nope, its not there. 

7 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

Nope, its not there. 

Because you booked through a travel agent like I said in my original post.  Your travel agent can very easily take care of it for you.

6 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Because you booked through a travel agent like I said in my original post.  Your travel agent can very easily take care of it for you.

Thanks. I do see that. When I posted above it was right about the same time you posted.

Also, unless things have changed, we have always been able to apply the gratuities toward our OBC. But its been several years since we've sailed on Celebrity.

I have since contacted my TA and it is straightened out. Seems like Celebrity could have mentioned that in their email.

2 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

Also, unless things have changed, we have always been able to apply the gratuities toward our OBC.

This is true if you wait until gratuities are added to your on board account.  I don't think it has ever been true if you pre-pay gratuities before you board.  When you pre-pay, it gets added as a line item on your invoice that itemizes your cruise fare.  We usually pre-pay (or have AI) but there have been a couple times where we had a lot of OBC and so waited until we boarded.

On 7/3/2023 at 10:53 AM, omeinv said:

Log in on the website, then go to Manage My Reservation, then open the drop down for Reservation Details, you'll see the gratuities option there. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Hi,

When I opened up the Reservation Details section, there is no mention of gratuities, or pre-paying them, anywhere. Where does that option show up? Topics include guest names, packages, dining, add-ons, discounts and balance. Will call my Celebrity vacation planner tomorrow. Did not use a TA. Thanks.

Sign in to your cruise, then go to "MANAGE RESERVATION":

Then go to "RESERVATION DETAILS":

That works for me to then see the "GRATUITIES" Field.  It only shows up using my laptop, not on my phone.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, travelbuds said:

Hi,

When I opened up the Reservation Details section, there is no mention of gratuities, or pre-paying them, anywhere. Where does that option show up? Topics include guest names, packages, dining, add-ons, discounts and balance. Will call my Celebrity vacation planner tomorrow. Did not use a TA. Thanks.

You sound like you are in the right section.  For my cruise, it is right below the word "Open Dining" is my seating time and then right below that it says Gratuities.  If you booked an AI fare though, it won't be there.  

If you can't find it, your Celebrity vacation planner will also be able to handle it over the phone.

47 minutes ago, prmssk said:

You sound like you are in the right section.  For my cruise, it is right below the word "Open Dining" is my seating time and then right below that it says Gratuities.  If you booked an AI fare though, it won't be there.  

If you can't find it, your Celebrity vacation planner will also be able to handle it over the phone.

No "gratuity" anywhere on the site. No AI fare. Will talk with Celebrity tomorrow. Thanks.