More than frustrated with Refund Request process

PhotogrFrGal

Does anyone out there know a phone number to contact the refund office? Or someone with some authority? We are trying to get refund for COVID isolation hotel from August 2022 (yes August).  I tried to file but was told I had to wait for Princess insurance to determine what we could get.  AON claim was filed in Sept and received the first week of April.  I immediately filed for the Princess refund, which was covered under the "Cruise with Confidence" at the time of our trip.  The confirmation said 4-6 weeks for refund.  I called Princess Customer Service the first week of June.  Was put through to Guest Services.  The Rep told me that for some reason claim was closed out.  She filed the claim again.  She said she would call me once there was activity on that claim.  I called again last week.  Again after explaining my story to the Princess CS rep, they put me through to Guest Services.  The rep tried 3 times to get through to the refund department.  She said that there is note on my claim that it is accelerated due to time we've been waiting.  I want to contact someone higher up in the food chain and have not had any luck finding any # but 1-800-PRINCESS.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

Post link please. I’ve been waiting over a month for a refund 

There is no link, Twitter is an app where you need an account.   I created an account to deal with my issue and had a response within a weeks or so.   A month to wait for a refund is minimal.  Usually 2-3 months.

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

Comment on Twitter.   More responsive than most avenues.

Where do you comment? I have never done this.  I go to the official Princess twitter account and cannot see where to add a comment.  Do I just respond to the most recent tweet?

Edited by PhotogrFrGal

33 minutes ago, PhotogrFrGal said:

Where do you comment? I have never done this.  I go to the official Princess twitter account and cannot see where to add a comment.  Do I just respond to the most recent tweet?

https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/how-to-tweet#:~:text=Type your Tweet (up to,button in the navigation bar.&text=You can include up to 4 photos%2C a GIF%2C or,a video in your Tweet.&text=Select the Tweet button to post the Tweet to your profile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just sent a looonnggg message, I don't think it was a tweet as it definitely exceeded character count, but it was to their official twitter account.  We will see if there are any results for this method.  

UPDATE:  Received a call today from Onboard Experience Department Guest Services. Looks like the Twitter DM worked for response from Princess.  Have direct number and reps email, too.  Had to resend all the documentation and he will let me know tomorrow. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, PhotogrFrGal said:

UPDATE:  Received a call today from Onboard Experience Department Guest Services. Looks like the Twitter DM worked for response from Princess.  Have direct number and reps email, too.  Had to resend all the documentation and he will let me know tomorrow. 

Please let us know how it all works out...

21 hours ago, PhotogrFrGal said:

Good luck, that is at least a good start to what is hopefully a positive result.

On 7/3/2023 at 8:56 PM, kiwimum said:

Comment on Twitter.   More responsive than most avenues.

@kiwimum - Thanks for the tip! - I'd tried the customerrelations email address, copying Princess execs, as well as 'other' refund form w tracking number with no success for weeks, on a different kind of request.  I sent a twitter msg referencing the date of the original email as well as the tracking number for the refund form - both of which had all the documentation.  I got an immediate response to the twitter DM, plus action/satisfactory resolution  by customer relations the next day.   I wouldn't use twitter as my first method, but it was excellent as a backup!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhotogrFrGal said:

@Loveh2ofl Glad you received quick resolution.  I received a call from refund department yesterday.  She has to discuss with “leadership”. I forwarded all documentation again.  Supposed to receive call by tomorrow.  Really how difficult is this?

Princess crew onboard are wonderful;  wish I could say the same about corporate responsiveness.  At least the twitter approach seems to get someone to respond - whereas the emails/forms take forever, if ever.  Forget trying to reach customer solutions via phone - never sure you'll ultimately reach the right person.

Good luck!

Yippee!  Refund has been issued!   Of course he said it would be 2 weeks before I would probably receive it.  As an added bonus, he is fixing problem with husband's captain circle number being wrong, which we tried to get fixed last year! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PhotogrFrGal said:

Yippee!  Refund has been issued!   Of course he said it would be 2 weeks before I would probably receive it.  As an added bonus, he is fixing problem with husband's captain circle number being wrong, which we tried to get fixed last year! 

Fantastic!  My FCC was supposed to take 24 hours to appear and was there within minutes - so you may receive it faster than promised!

Edited by Loveh2ofl
typo