Just a question

hinterlandboyz2

Hello to all. My partner will be using a CPAP machine for the very first time on a cruise. Our Celebrity Solstice stateroom will be located on Deck 3 (Window Ocean View) and my question is, is there a power wall plug (socket) next to the bed? I have searched the web for an answer but unfortunately none can I find. 

I thank you in anticipation for your reply :classic_biggrin:

Happy cruising. 

The socket behind the bed is European, the only US socket is by the desk. I don't use a CPAP but I like having my cell phone charging on the nightstand. I've never had a problem getting power there, the stateroom attendant usually brings and tapes down an extension cord or sometimes they use a converter in the socket behind the bed and my charging cord reaches. 

• Thanks 1

Contact special_needs@rccl.com and notify them you will need Distilled water and an extension cord for your partners Cpap machine. 

They will note it and send a form for you to complete and email back. Your room attendant will be notified and should take care of everything for you.

I have done this multiple times without any issues. 

• Like 1

Hello TXGREG. Your reply to my question is very much appreciate. I have look on our Cruise Planner and can only see a Form for those with mobility issues and nothing about CPAP machines. Maybe you could inform me as to who I should contact in Princess regarding access to a particular form.

4 minutes ago, hinterlandboyz2 said:

Hello TXGREG. Your reply to my question is very much appreciate. I have look on our Cruise Planner and can only see a Form for those with mobility issues and nothing about CPAP machines. Maybe you could inform me as to who I should contact in Princess regarding access to a particular form.

This is the Celebrity board.are you sailing with Princess or Celebrity?

My husband uses a bi-pap. Despite my requesting an extension cord and distilled water in advance, on board we’ve had to ask the attendant to supply both. But that’s always been done quickly, no problem. Also, I bring a couple of small battery candles so I’m reminded in the night that a lumpy cord is in my path.

10 hours ago, TXGREG said:

Contact special_needs@rccl.com and notify them you will need Distilled water and an extension cord for your partners Cpap machine. 

They will note it and send a form for you to complete and email back. Your room attendant will be notified and should take care of everything for you.

I have done this multiple times without any issues. 

I send an email to that address with ship, sailing date, and reservation # requesting an extension cord and distilled water for a Cpap.  I’ve gotten emailed replies that it would be taken care of, but never a form to fill out and send back.

5 hours ago, heatescapee said:

My husband uses a bi-pap. Despite my requesting an extension cord and distilled water in advance, on board we’ve had to ask the attendant to supply both. But that’s always been done quickly, no problem. Also, I bring a couple of small battery candles so I’m reminded in the night that a lumpy cord is in my path.

I love the battery candles also.

I call the navigation aids.

Thank you D.B. for your reply it's very very appreciated. We also take with us battery operated LED night movement sensor bar lights for our stateroom. The 2 portable lights we use have a magnetic strip on the back of each one so we just attach them to the stateroom wall, just above the floor and usually opposite the bed area. Gives a perfect soft night light, would be without them now. 

Many thanks to all the cruisers who have answered my question re CPAP. It has been extremely helpful to know about the distilled water and electrical cord (if required). We have now made request to special_needs at RCCI and our request has documented with the cruise company. Happy cruising to you all :classic_biggrin:  

13 hours ago, hinterlandboyz2 said:

Many thanks to all the cruisers who have answered my question re CPAP. It has been extremely helpful to know about the distilled water and electrical cord (if required). We have now made request to special_needs at RCCI and our request has documented with the cruise company. Happy cruising to you all :classic_biggrin:  

Same to you. Just remember if it's not there when you get on board don't panic. Just ask your room attendant on embarkation and it will be promptly supplied. Happy sails and smooth seas.

On 7/6/2023 at 1:04 AM, hinterlandboyz2 said:

Hello to all. My partner will be using a CPAP machine for the very first time on a cruise. Our Celebrity Solstice stateroom will be located on Deck 3 (Window Ocean View) and my question is, is there a power wall plug (socket) next to the bed? I have searched the web for an answer but unfortunately none can I find. 

I thank you in anticipation for your reply :classic_biggrin:

Happy cruising. 

No, the 3 power sockets are all at the edge of the dressing table.

I assume you have completed and returned the Disability/Assistance request form which will ensure X provides whatever is needed for your CPAP machine etc.

Hello to the penguins. Your message was most appreciated. As we have not been on a Celebrity ship for a good decade where would be obtain the Disability Assistance form? I can't see any  form like that on our Celebrity account. 

All you have to do is ask your stateroom attendant for an extension cord and Distilled water if you need.   You can also make your request in advance https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Celebrity-Guest-Special-Needs-Form.pdf

It is just as easy to wait until aboard and they will take care of it quickly.