Sabattinis -with a prepaid reservation, we didnt get in

melodyina

Hello from  the Caribbean Princess. I will post more after our cruise as we are still  sailing… and perhaps Princess will make it right, but heres our experience and the reality.   I booked and prepaid reservations months in advance for Sabatinis, tsble fir four.  Our earliest time was 7:20 .. ok. So looking forward to this highlight of our dining experience.  We checked in at 7:15 and was told there were delays, no tables available for 15-20 minute wait.  Ok we nodded and understood.. then 15 minutes we check in again and no tables had opened up and the manager Jorge was very apologetic and now said 60 minute wait …. Pushing to 8:30 perhaps??  We needed to cancel and retreat to our normal dining room.  We are so so disappointed.  So now we will try and figure out how we can get a refund. 

Talk to Jorge and ask for a refund. He will want to reschedule you. If that works for you. Go for it. 
If not, insist on a refund. They will want to give you an OBC for the total amount. If that works for you, great do it. 
if not, insist that your refund be to your original form of payment. If he balks, go to passenger services and escalate as necessary. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, melodyina said:

Hello from  the Caribbean Princess. I will post more after our cruise as we are still  sailing… and perhaps Princess will make it right, but heres our experience and the reality.   I booked and prepaid reservations months in advance for Sabatinis, tsble fir four.  Our earliest time was 7:20 .. ok. So looking forward to this highlight of our dining experience.  We checked in at 7:15 and was told there were delays, no tables available for 15-20 minute wait.  Ok we nodded and understood.. then 15 minutes we check in again and no tables had opened up and the manager Jorge was very apologetic and now said 60 minute wait …. Pushing to 8:30 perhaps??  We needed to cancel and retreat to our normal dining room.  We are so so disappointed.  So now we will try and figure out how we can get a refund. 

Guess people kept their tables longer than expected. Sorry it happened to you.

We went to the one on Sky in March, food was no better than any neighborhood restaurant in NYC, was kind of disappointed. Service was excellent.

When we were on the Royal Princess in May Sabatini’s had an overbooking problem. The Dinning line allowed too many reservations to be booked. I’ve never seen every table full with a line of people waiting on past cruises. The staff was so slammed that they had to pull in staff from other places to help.

We had a terrible time at Sabitinis on our Las cruise in May this year.  Pre paid pre reserved..four of us.  Server worked his butt off but absolutely no help.  Took us four hours to finally get to our main meal and by then just was not hungry besides the steak was grossly overcooked.  Matre,d brought out the head chef even tho we told him not to.  He looked at my steak and said yup overcooked and walked away.

went to PS next day and complained and wanted refund.  Nope.  Done eating at Sabatilis.

Princess stupidly gave all the Premier folks 2 specialty dining "chits" but didn't plan for enough staff to cover the increased demand. Stuff like this invariably happens when marketing people get to make decisions. They are fine with making promises that others simply aren't capable of fulfilling. I saw it a lot working for the state where the marketing people made grandiose plans and promises that IT was never going to be able to fulfill.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Princess stupidly gave all the Premier folks 2 specialty dining "chits" but didn't plan for enough staff to cover the increased demand. Stuff like this invariably happens when marketing people get to make decisions. They are fine with making promises that others simply aren't capable of fulfilling. I saw it a lot working for the state where the marketing people made grandiose plans and promises that IT was never going to be able to fulfill.

Agreed.. everyone with  reservations from 7-8pm were turned away. 

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Amen, Brother!!

6 hours ago, wcflats said:

We had a terrible time at Sabitinis on our Las cruise in May this year.  Pre paid pre reserved..four of us.  Server worked his butt off but absolutely no help.  Took us four hours to finally get to our main meal and by then just was not hungry besides the steak was grossly overcooked.  Matre,d brought out the head chef even tho we told him not to.  He looked at my steak and said yup overcooked and walked away.

went to PS next day and complained and wanted refund.  Nope.  Done eating at Sabatilis.

Similar on Emerald recently. Took over 45 minutes to get anything but bread. At 2 hours, we still didn't have entrees. By the time they finally arrived, we had lost our appetite. The MaitreD finally came by the table after we got our entrees. When we told him about the experience, he kept pushing for us to come back, but we didn't. The restaurant was maybe 1/3 full too.