Just off the Celebration.... any questions?

wags111

1 hour ago, May1cruiser said:

Did you see/hear steel drums being played?

I am also just off the Celebration and we heard steel drums several times. Once onstage to entertain people at center stage who were grabbing seats early before the show and then again on day six or seven setup near the Jubilee bar right next to Time Journey. 

image.thumb.png.ec2bd2786a081d310e3b98d8f3c12d20.png

Edited by AllgoodOnTheRoad
  • Like 3

We are going on Celebration in Oct. 1st Carnival cruise. We enjoy Continental breakfast delivered to room and wanted to know if that is available. Also I was looking at internet packages and none let you stream music. We like to listen to music on our phones at pool can you let me know if any packages actually do cover streaming music. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Nov 12th voyage.

*When getting off at ports, were they pretty organized, or was it tough to get off at the advertised times? (PR, DR, StMartin is our itinerary)

*Were there any events at the Central Stage worth really going to sit and watch?  I'm a musician, and love all kinds of music.  But carnival activities may not be my cup of tea...

*I understand there are USB ports in the cabins now - is there still only one outlet, though?  

Thx!  ~Marci

5 minutes ago, marci4tony said:

Nov 12th voyage.

*When getting off at ports, were they pretty organized, or was it tough to get off at the advertised times? (PR, DR, StMartin is our itinerary)

*Were there any events at the Central Stage worth really going to sit and watch?  I'm a musician, and love all kinds of music.  But carnival activities may not be my cup of tea...

*I understand there are USB ports in the cabins now - is there still only one outlet, though?  

Thx!  ~Marci

I was on the Celebration on June 25.

1. Debarkation at ports is very easy if you don't rush there as soon as debarkation starts.  We had the same itinerary.

2.  I really enjoyed the Celestial Strings and the circus themed shows.  You HAVE to get there early (you're late if you're 30 minutes early) to get a decent seat, or else you'll only see portions of the shows.

3.  On the main counter, there are 3 outlets and 4 USB ports.  There is also a USB port on each side of the bed.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2023 at 3:31 PM, ocbaylady said:

We are going on Celebration in Oct. 1st Carnival cruise. We enjoy Continental breakfast delivered to room and wanted to know if that is available. Also I was looking at internet packages and none let you stream music. We like to listen to music on our phones at pool can you let me know if any packages actually do cover streaming music. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Breakfast has to be ordered via room service, door hangers are gone.

On 7/6/2023 at 1:31 PM, ocbaylady said:

We download playlists ahead of time so no need for the streaming on board. 

Please be mindful of your fellow passengers and use headphones. I’m going to assume you are planning on that… our last couple of cruises we encountered people playing their own music by the pool on the serenity deck loudly AND another cruise they were blasting their own music right behind our clamshells at HMC.   I get it I love music too but not in those situations be respectful of your neighbours.    

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, wooly1017 said:

Is there a Quest Show? My son and daughter-in-law are on their honeymoon right now and can't find it in the planner. Thanks!

I think it's just called Adult Game Night on the Excel Class ships. It's done in the Comedy Club.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wooly1017 said:

Is there a Quest Show? My son and daughter-in-law are on their honeymoon right now and can't find it in the planner. Thanks!

No, there is not a Quest and unfortunately Adult Game Night is just bad and nothing at all like Quest. I spoke to Lee about it and he just does not see Quest ever happening on Excel class as they do not feel they have an appropriate location to hold the event. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 1:54 PM, wooly1017 said:

Lee addressed Quest on social media once. He said they don't have a space to do it on Excel class ships. The only private space large enough is the theater and they don't want to do it there because it has steps and they don't want anyone getting hurt running up and down them.

• Like 1