Simply More Shore Excursion Issue

Hlitner

On 7/15/2023 at 7:25 PM, gdlamberth said:

I went ahead and booked two excursions just to see what it would look like and I did in fact get our Olife promotion credit for those excursions. They were confirmed with zero cost zero balance Etc. So I now believe my description above is correct.

Just to finish up.  First off, we did consider various pricing alternatives including Summer Sale and the All 3 promo was best for us.  I do appreciate the "be sure you look at" comments though.  

Now for the actual booking excursions during this overlap/confusing period.  We booked a total of 7 excursions.  4 were priced at $199 or less and these were comped as part of All 3 promo.  HOWEVER, of the remaining 3 bookings, one came through with the YWYW 25% discount and the other 2 did not.  I called O and after a 20 minute hold spoke with an agent who was able to correct these 2 bookings to YWYW giving me my 25% discount.  Posted to account in a matter of minutes.  

Greg

14 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

Just to finish up.  First off, we did consider various pricing alternatives including Summer Sale and the All 3 promo was best for us.  I do appreciate the "be sure you look at" comments though.  

Now for the actual booking excursions during this overlap/confusing period.  We booked a total of 7 excursions.  4 were priced at $199 or less and these were comped as part of All 3 promo.  HOWEVER, of the remaining 3 bookings, one came through with the YWYW 25% discount and the other 2 did not.  I called O and after a 20 minute hold spoke with an agent who was able to correct these 2 bookings to YWYW giving me my 25% discount.  Posted to account in a matter of minutes.  

Greg

I'm pretty sure your cruises or cruise is not on the Summer Sale, that would be a real good reason why what you have is better. It seems it was only compared to current pricing with the Simply More. The big savings is on the 72 cruises on the Summer Sale. Regatta only has Jan 25-Feb 8th during that time period on the Summer Sale.  Are you on that one? 

54 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm pretty sure your cruises or cruise is not on the Summer Sale, that would be a real good reason why what you have is better. It seems it was only compared to current pricing with the Simply More. The big savings is on the 72 cruises on the Summer Sale. Regatta only has Jan 25-Feb 8th during that time period on the Summer Sale.  Are you on that one? 

Nope.  8-24 Feb and 24 Feb -10 March.  

3 minutes ago, gdlamberth said:

Nope.  8-24 Feb and 24 Feb -10 March.  

Well there you go, it's hard to get Summer Sale pricing on a cruise it's not offered on. The Ultimate vs Simply More is usually going to be better, it's the SS you really save on. Looks like a great itinerary you're on. Have you been to NZ & OZ before? 

Once to Australia (did a circumnavigation followed by a 12 day land trip that included Adelaide and Wilpena Pound in South Australia, Uluru, Alice Springs, and Cairns) and 3 times to New Zealand; but 2 times were cruises out of Auckland that stopped in Bay of Islands, once was a 12 day DIY pre-cruise land trip to South Island.

20 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

I can see the shore excursions for our cruise , but no prices. Is it because it's more than a year away?

I guess I need to clarify: our cruises are in early 2024, a little over 6 months out.

Sorry for the confusion.

Greg

2 hours ago, oskidunker said:

How easy is p it to  cancel an excursion once booked with onboard credit?  With Viking, you have to call.

Same with O  you need to call them