Buy 1 get 1 50% off Deluxe Drink package

2 minutes ago, new_cruzer said:

In case anyone is interested, this is in my planner for my March Oasis sailing.Screenshot_20230719-094713.thumb.png.dd5d06bd546cb45cfa5ea22c0eb3ede0.png

Sadly it is just marketing.

The price is no less than what it was under the last, so-called, sale.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Sadly it is just marketing.

The price is no less than what it was under the last, so-called, sale.

Yep, my drink package actually went up from yesterday to today.

• Haha 1

For my cruise a BOGO comes to: buy one at full price and get second person at half price.  $102 + $51 = $153 total, before gratuity. Divide that by two and it comes to $76.50 per person.  Watch the sales, and find one that comes to a cheaper per person price. I was able to purchase mine is $70.99 a person.

Don’t pay attention to the marketing.  The price is going to bounce between two or three price point no matter the sale.  Also, the price they list is the price you get it at.  It’s not BOGO half off the price listed.  

I was never very good a math and have heard for years that numbers don't lie, but the BOGO for 50% off posted today is exactly the same price as the BOGO at 35% off that was posted two days ago. That's equivalent to buying a 3 foot long ruler at a yard sale.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Katxx said:

I got really excited and cancelled my original beverage package only to find out this 'BOGO' sale is somehow $40 more than what I originally paid lol. Awesome deal!!

If you read the fine print it says the price shown includes the discount already.

• Like 1

It's 50% off the on board price that seems to vary according to the weather and god knows else. Most sales you seem to save a few dollars off the full online price.

Sometimes you catch a deal but they are few and far between.

The only drink package sale that truly stands out these days is 30% off Deluxe Beverage Package.  The BOGO 50% off (aka 25% off each) sale happens regularly once you are within a year of sailing.  The only benefit to buying it early is you lock yourself in from potential increases to the base price, but personally I don't see the need to buy it before final payment barring a stand out sale such as what Black Friday used to be.