Late September from San Fran to Hawaii

georgeschris

I’ve checked around the forums and cannot find info. Would appreciate any input about weather, rough seas, would the pools be swimmable on ship. Being that time of year, how far from SanFrancisco will it get warm?  All input appreciated. Thanks in advance. George

The weather is not that predictable,  nor are the seas. September CAN be one of the nicer times of the year in SF...it could be in the 80s. Or it might be in the 50s.

The sea are typically can be a little rough for the first 48 hours, but if it is hot in SF, usually the seas are pretty calm. That being said, seas can be rough at any time, any place.

The pools will likely be swimmable every day...it depends what you define as "swimmable".  Some ships have closable roofs over their pools which help considerably,  some don't. 

3 hours ago, georgeschris said:

I’ve checked around the forums and cannot find info.

I agree with everything CruiserBruce has said here but don't call it "San Fran"-- the locals will crucify you for it. San Francisco, SF, all fine-- San Fran hits a nerve you don't want to hit. Trust me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

I agree with everything CruiserBruce has said here but don't call it "San Fran"-- the locals will crucify you for it. San Francisco, SF, all fine-- San Fran hits a nerve you don't want to hit. Trust me. 

I thought "Frisco" was the number 1 irritant ... 

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, bingobunny14 said:

looking at Hawaii out of san Francisco any ideas on hotel coming in the day before . Any hotels have shuttle to pier. Also looking at sept 29 2024 sailing ty

Have you looked down the board? Many threads on SF hotels.

On 7/20/2023 at 7:22 PM, princeton123211 said:

"The City" is much preferred.  Never, ever "Frisco."  

On 8/13/2023 at 7:14 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

"The City" is much preferred.  Never, ever "Frisco."  

With the crap going on there, I would think people would have bigger things to worry about than what an out of towner might call the place.  SMH

1 hour ago, ghjcmo said:

With the crap going on there, I would think people would have bigger things to worry about than what an out of towner might call the place.  SMH

Maybe if people didn't need to make everything a political dispute,  all would be better.

• Like 1