Could someone confirm or deny...

shepherd really

On 7/23/2023 at 10:55 AM, msn123 said:

You know, it really is not that difficult to log off one device if you want to use a second one and only have one account.  At least for us this is not a big deal.

But sharing one account between two people in the same cabin can be challenging at times -- especially when one of those individuals is trying to do some necessary work.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vlthom said:

But sharing one account between two people in the same cabin can be challenging at times -- especially when one of those individuals is trying to do some necessary work.

True but after 01OCT it will no longer be an issue

2 minutes ago, basor said:

True but after 01OCT it will no longer be an issue

So it seems....and I'm glad of that.  I'd like to read the details in the link that was provided to you by your TA, though.  As usual, what's written in the blurb is a bit sketchy and open to interpretation.....is it really the "first 2 devices" logged into the account, meaning if my DH logs in with his laptop and then his iPhone are those the two devices allotted to our cabin for the duration of the cruise?  Or will it behave as it currently does, and we can simply use any of our devices as long as we don't attempt to have more than two logged in simultaneously?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vlthom said:

So it seems....and I'm glad of that.  I'd like to read the details in the link that was provided to you by your TA, though.  As usual, what's written in the blurb is a bit sketchy and open to interpretation.....is it really the "first 2 devices" logged into the account, meaning if my DH logs in with his laptop and then his iPhone are those the two devices allotted to our cabin for the duration of the cruise?  Or will it behave as it currently does, and we can simply use any of our devices as long as we don't attempt to have more than two logged in simultaneously?

I guess we will find out after the 01OCT......I read it as there will be 2 log ins per cabin and so you can decide if one person uses both logins for their 2 devices at the same time or each person uses one of the logins for their own device.   We never had a problem with 1 log in since neither of us "had" to use our WIFI device at the same time..

19 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Whether you have olife or not?

Given that the info states "whether or not your clients have made a reservation with OLife Choice or Simply More...", the answer to your question is fairly clear. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, basor said:

I guess we will find out after the 01OCT......I read it as there will be 2 log ins per cabin and so you can decide if one person uses both logins for their 2 devices at the same time or each person uses one of the logins for their own device.   We never had a problem with 1 log in since neither of us "had" to use our WIFI device at the same time..

I interpret it similarly.  But we sailed on another line where one specifically registered one's devices and the first one that logged in was the registered device and you did NOT have internet access on another one unless you paid for it.  In other words, there were 2 devices allowed per cabin but those two registered devices were THE ONES for the duration.  This is why I posed the question.  

Just now, vlthom said:

I interpret it similarly.  But we sailed on another line where one specifically registered one's devices and the first one that logged in was the registered device and you did NOT have internet access on another one unless you paid for it.  In other words, there were 2 devices allowed per cabin but those two registered devices were THE ONES for the duration.  This is why I posed the question.  

I am going on how Oceania handled the 1 account login and so using that for what Oceania will do with 2 log ins....

1 minute ago, basor said:

I am going on how Oceania handled the 1 account login and so using that for what Oceania will do with 2 log ins....

Yes, but do you have the link that was shown in your post from your TA which supposedly provides additional information?  Can it be shared?  I'm guessing not, since you haven't done so.  

4 minutes ago, vlthom said:

Given that the info states "whether or not your clients have made a reservation with OLife Choice or Simply More...", the answer to your question is fairly clear. 

I’m not sure, but I’m thinking they were asking what if they had booked a cruise with NO OLife choice, which was an option prior to Simply More. 

2 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

I’m not sure, but I’m thinking they were asking what if they had booked a cruise with NO OLife choice, which was an option prior to Simply More. 

Ah....maybe so!

9 minutes ago, vlthom said:

Yes, but do you have the link that was shown in your post from your TA which supposedly provides additional information?  Can it be shared?  I'm guessing not, since you haven't done so.  

I do not have the link - I shared what was sent to me as I thought that would help with asking if there were going to be 2 accounts after 01OCT for those with OLife.  apparently it is not enough .  Please ask your TA for clarification as it doesn't matter to us.

1 minute ago, basor said:

I do not have the link - I shared what was sent to me as I thought that would help with asking if there were going to be 2 accounts after 01OCT for those with OLife.  apparently it is not enough .  Please ask your TA for clarification as it doesn't matter to us.

It was helpful -- thanks for the info.  

The  T & C's 

Free Internet amenity does not include streaming and includes a login for the first two devices per stateroom. Visit OceaniaCruises.com/internet for more details. simply MORE amenities are per stateroom, based on double occupancy and subject to change

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

It can be interpreted  differently so best to contact Oceania

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vlthom said:

based on the posts here that follow, guess it is not that "fairly clear".

8 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Why don't you just call your TA and have them clarify for you instead of asking people here when no one can answer your question or you can wait until 01OCT and see what happens on those sailings.....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, basor said:

Why don't you just call your TA and have them clarify for you instead of asking people here when no one can answer your question or you can wait until 01OCT and see what happens on those sailings.....

Methinks option #3 is the only reliable option. 🙄

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

So it seems.  But using the link provided in post #66, one arrives at the general page describing internet aboard the ships where it states that beginning October 1, 2 log-ins are provided for each cabin.  And just as it has been prior to the launch of SM, it appears that internet is not linked to OLife nor Simply More.  It's a general amenity aboard all the ships.  

• Like 1

I hope this post doesn't confuse matters more.  It seems to me that there are 3 different situations that people are talking about. I think the answer should be clear as to 2 of them.  I am not sure as to the third.

1. simplyMORE Booking.  If you have a simplyMORE booking, either because you booked after July 1 or because you changed a prior booking to simplyMORE, then you will have 2 logins per stateroom.

2. OLife Booking.  If you have a booking made prior to July 1, where the basis of the booking is either OLife with air or OLife without air, then the promotional information shown in post #2 seems to me to be pretty clear that you will have 2 logins per stateroom (you will have 2 logins per suite or stateroom "regardless of whether your clients have made a reservation with OLife Choice or simplyMORE.")

3. Cruise-Only Booking. If you have a cruise-only booking made prior to July 1, i.e., without OLife, it is not clear to me if you will now get 2 logins per stateroom. Some people on this thread seem to think you will, but unless I have missed it, I have not seen anything that suggests that that is true. Maybe it will turn out to be true, because the internet logins that are basic amenities of the stateroom have been expanded from 1 to 2, and therefore OLife and simplyMORE have nothing to do with it. But I have not yet seen anything from Oceania saying that.

Tom & Judy

• Like 2

I checked the Oceania website and found it a bit more detailed:

FREE WIFI ACCESS

Enjoy WiFi access throughout the entirety of the ship, including in all suites, staterooms, public rooms and outdoor decks. One free login is provided per suite or stateroom, which can be used on one device at a time. As of October 1, 2023, two free logins will be provided per suite or stateroom, each of which can be used on one device at a time. A login is provided for the first two devices per suite or stateroom. Additional logins and upgrade packages are available for purchase on board. For your convenience, Internet-enabled computers are also available in the Oceania@Sea Internet Center aboard each of our ships. High-speed Starlink is featured on Vista and will be available on Riviera by the end of 2023. Additional Starlink activations are expected in 2024.

Streaming Upgrade
In addition to receiving FREE Unlimited WiFi, you may also upgrade to Wavenet Prime and enjoy streaming. Get access to sites such as Netflix or Audible for $9.99 per day.

Wavenet Unlimited WiFi
Purchase an additional login and enjoy general web browsing post photos to social media and check your personal email for $24.99 per day

Wavenet Prime Unlimited WiFi with Streaming
Purchase an additional login and enjoy the same access as Unlimited WiFi, plus an upgrade to video and audio streaming for $34.98 per day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gcmv said:

I checked the Oceania website and found it a bit more detailed:

FREE WIFI ACCESS

Enjoy WiFi access throughout the entirety of the ship, including in all suites, staterooms, public rooms and outdoor decks. One free login is provided per suite or stateroom, which can be used on one device at a time. As of October 1, 2023, two free logins will be provided per suite or stateroom, each of which can be used on one device at a time. A login is provided for the first two devices per suite or stateroom. Additional logins and upgrade packages are available for purchase on board. For your convenience, Internet-enabled computers are also available in the Oceania@Sea Internet Center aboard each of our ships. High-speed Starlink is featured on Vista and will be available on Riviera by the end of 2023. Additional Starlink activations are expected in 2024.

Streaming Upgrade
In addition to receiving FREE Unlimited WiFi, you may also upgrade to Wavenet Prime and enjoy streaming. Get access to sites such as Netflix or Audible for $9.99 per day.

Wavenet Unlimited WiFi
Purchase an additional login and enjoy general web browsing post photos to social media and check your personal email for $24.99 per day

Wavenet Prime Unlimited WiFi with Streaming
Purchase an additional login and enjoy the same access as Unlimited WiFi, plus an upgrade to video and audio streaming for $34.98 per day

Thank you for doing the legwork. I think the page you quoted from is located here (click on WiFi on the page): https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

As I read this page, WiFi is considered an amenity of the state room or suite. And it seems to have nothing to do with either OLife or simplyMORE.  Therefore, I think that this does demonstrate that effective October 1, each state room or suite will have two logins, regardless of whether the reservation was booked under simplyMORE, with OLife, or without OLife. 

Tom & Judy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One login per cabin was adequate.   When we cruise, it’s nice to have WiFi. Check news, get port info, and look at emails.  However on vacation, we spend less time online than at home.  It’s vacation.  Disconnect and relax.  

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 4:54 PM, basor said:

I emailed my TA and her supervisor. Told them of my displeasure that I upgraded 3 cruises to Simply More based mainly on information that two included wi fi s could only happen if passenger switched to Simply More. Unhappy that after Oct 1 I could have had the two connections by sticking to cruise only. They forwarded my complaint to their Oceania rep and were told that I was wrong and unless folks switched to Simply More they would still have only 1 wifi after Oct 1. Based on the info in this thread, I do not believe what this particular Oceania rep is telling my TA...but shows how dysfunctional this team that runs Oceania can sometimes be.