NCL sales

Trixie21

What are the best sales from NCL?

Currently in the UK its 35% off each guest and all 4 free at sea. There is an airfare credit as well but it doesn't seem to apply to the cruises we are looking at for 2024.

Someone mentioned in another thread I started that they do 50% off sometimes- how often does that happen?

I grabbed a 50% discount on the Pride of America sailing. I booked it on Jan 31, 2023 for a Feb 2024 sailing. I had watched the site and done dummy bookings every few days until the price was what I wanted to pay and then I actually booked it. 

I lucked out again on Feb 16, 2023, when they had a 50% on the NCL Escape September 2023 sailing. Grabbed a studio cabin for $879.

I have not seen a 50% sale since then. It's been 35% most of the time. (I still do dummy bookings to see if my cruise price has dropped.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

What are the best sales from NCL?

Currently in the UK its 35% off each guest and all 4 free at sea. There is an airfare credit as well but it doesn't seem to apply to the cruises we are looking at for 2024.

Someone mentioned in another thread I started that they do 50% off sometimes- how often does that happen?

The catch is there is no final price difference between 35% off and 50% off because NCL adjusts the "regular" price to compensate for the change.  In the last couple of years this has been the case.  For example during a 35% off sale lets say the cost is $1000 minus 35% = $650.   Then a new sale is announced but the cost is now $1300.  So 50% off 1300 is $650....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davencl said:

The catch is there is no final price difference between 35% off and 50% off because NCL adjusts the "regular" price to compensate for the change.  In the last couple of years this has been the case.  For example during a 35% off sale lets say the cost is $1000 minus 35% = $650.   Then a new sale is announced but the cost is now $1300.  So 50% off 1300 is $650....

I'm familiar with that type of "promotion" when booking with RCL - its just a matter of seeing a price you are happy to pay and pressing the button.

Unfortunately in the UK we do not get price drops the i am aware of (unless NCL is different to RCL) - its a matter of cancelling , losing your deposit and rebooking , so just have to cross your fingers that you have booked at the right time.

You can get a one time price drop.

Cruise lines operate a DFS model

The regular X% has been ongoing for months if not years.

When it changed from 50% to 35% not much changed with prices.

They just keep extending a few days(sometimes a month) each time it expires.

Prices fluctuate under this sale all the time.

I am watching one that has a premium factor(new ship) it's starting to drop, cruise before we are also interested is going up.

The flight credits vary a bit they used to be on insides but that dropped off when the inside prices started getting silly cheap.

Some cruises don't get it at all.

UK the extras to look out for are the 50% free at sea or $200 OBC.(never seen both together).

The next UK change is morning of the 25th

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

You can get a one time price drop.

Cruise lines operate a DFS model

The regular X% has been ongoing for months if not years.

When it changed from 50% to 35% not much changed with prices.

They just keep extending a few days(sometimes a month) each time it expires.

Prices fluctuate under this sale all the time.

I am watching one that has a premium factor(new ship) it's starting to drop, cruise before we are also interested is going up.

The flight credits vary a bit they used to be on insides but that dropped off when the inside prices started getting silly cheap.

Some cruises don't get it at all.

UK the extras to look out for are the 50% free at sea or $200 OBC.(never seen both together).

The next UK change is morning of the 25th

So even in the UK I can get a one time price drop? Thats good to know.  Obviously that would only be outside final payment date. I assume inside final payment there are no changes , or would they offer non refundable OBC?

I've already seen them extend the date on the "sale" by a few days a couple of times since I've been checking prices.

One of the cruises I have been looking at has actually gone up by £200.

6 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

So even in the UK I can get a one time price drop? Thats good to know.  Obviously that would only be outside final payment date. I assume inside final payment there are no changes , or would they offer non refundable OBC?

I've already seen them extend the date on the "sale" by a few days a couple of times since I've been checking prices.

One of the cruises I have been looking at has actually gone up by £200.

In the last six years I've never seen a NCL "sale" end.  It may change (with no change to actual cost) but you can ignore the "sales ends in xxx days" sentence...

The one time price drop is after final payment in the form of a FCC.  Before final payment they have always adjusted the price when I call in.   Keeps the same reservation number but perks may vary.  This is in the US.  I don't know if UK is different.

Edited by davencl

The Thanksgiving 2022 Black Friday sale was 50% off and the cruise we had been watching really did reflect a savings for those few days.  We booked a Club Balcony on Bliss to Mexican Riviera in November 2022 for November 2023. The Club Balcony has been running $1000-$1200 per person more than what we paid.  Score!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davencl said:

In the last six years I've never seen a NCL "sale" end.  It may change (with no change to actual cost) but you can ignore the "sales ends in xxx days" sentence...

The one time price drop is after final payment in the form of a FCC.  Before final payment they have always adjusted the price when I call in.   Keeps the same reservation number but perks may vary.  This is in the US.  I don't know if UK is different.

It's worth watching the change date and checking if something has changed.

In the UK they have been adding extras sometimes.

Its going to be a shock when Free at sea goes back to pick from the list it's been a long time get all.

Probably needs fares to hold at higher levels  and we'll into cash flow positive.

UK might need the FAS prices adjusting if you don't get all the elements.

13 hours ago, insidecabin said:

UK free at sea 50% off

No change to the cruise prices on the few I am looking at.

9-11 day cruise that's £100pp savings

13 hours ago, insidecabin said:

UK free at sea 50% off

No change to the cruise prices on the few I am looking at.

9-11 day cruise that's £100pp savings

Thanks @insidecabin.

The pirce has indeed dropped by £200. Of course it went up by £200 a few days ago as I have been looking at the price each day 😂

NCL and Royal Caribbean must have the same pricing algorithm lol!

On 7/23/2023 at 10:00 AM, davencl said:

I've been warned by NCL for over two weeks that the 35% off sale will end tomorrow.

Question, what's the difference between the 35% off two passengers sale and the 70% off the 2nd passenger sale?  Answer; they're the same.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3