Celebrity out of Los Angeles Pacific Coastal & Mexico?

greenbeanie

Recently decided that the simplicity of living in so Cal and sailing from LA is a good thing.  We took a Pacific Coastal cruise last April, and I've reserved a Mexico 6 nite cruise in November.

Could not find on the Celebrity site another ship servicing these routes, so looked at the World Cruise Center schedule, only to find - no Celebrity.

It sounds boring, but we were looking forward to a cruise or two a year, but now, wondering if Celebrity is not running those cruises, and possibly if it is out of Los Angeles completely?????

23 minutes ago, greenbeanie said:

Recently decided that the simplicity of living in so Cal and sailing from LA is a good thing.  We took a Pacific Coastal cruise last April, and I've reserved a Mexico 6 nite cruise in November.

Could not find on the Celebrity site another ship servicing these routes, so looked at the World Cruise Center schedule, only to find - no Celebrity.

It sounds boring, but we were looking forward to a cruise or two a year, but now, wondering if Celebrity is not running those cruises, and possibly if it is out of Los Angeles completely?????

Were doing a 7 night Pacific Coastal cruise on the Eclipse 8 October 2023. R/T LA (San Pedro World Cruise Center). 

The Eclipse is doing several LA cruises this fall (Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera) then repos to South America.  In 2024 there are just two repo cruises out of LA with nothing for 2025 yet.

I never thought I would take a Mexican Riviera cruise, but the convenience of driving to Port and these Celebrity cruises this year made for a great opportunity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOB999 said:

The Eclipse is doing several LA cruises this fall (Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera) then repos to South America.  In 2024 there are just two repo cruises out of LA with nothing for 2025 yet.

I never thought I would take a Mexican Riviera cruise, but the convenience of driving to Port and these Celebrity cruises this year made for a great opportunity. 

Holland America has some options out of San Diego also that may be worth considering if you don’t mind the drive or train down. 

If I remember correctly. Celebrity pulled out of the LA/Mexico market years ago. X said they were not making any money back then. X added sailings out of LA because of the cancellation of the Asia sailings last year. Times have changed. Hoping X will get back in the Pacific Mexico run. We have Eclipse booked for Sept 24 Vancouver to LA.

I can tell you one reason - they can't fill the ships.  Cruised on the LA/Mexico cruise recently and they were giving away tons of free cabins through Blue Chip.  On my upcoming two coastal cruises the lower category cabins were less than $50pp per night.  Suites of course were full and expensive :(.  I don't get it - those cruises are some of my favorites.  But I guess people who fly to the US for warmth think of sailing out of Florida first, and California and nearby folks apparently are not all that interested.  I guess because they don't have to drive far to experience the ports, or similar ports.

San Diego is likely our best bet.  We looked at the Holland America itineraries - there's a few SDO to SDO  - worth the drive for sure.

Los Angeles still serves the Mexican Riviera with Discovery Princess and Royal Caribbean Navigator, both ships larger than we like; we may try them.

I am from LA area.  Usually when someone here take a cruise from here down to Mexico, it is a 2-3 day booze cruise.  Pretty sure that's not the target customers of Celebrity Cruise.  And I don't know anyone from here would take a cruise up the coast north and back.   That would be missing the best part of the trip, PCH.

So that means most of the people on those cruises would be people not local here.  That's probably why there aren't that many Celebrity cruise going out from here... probably won't be any more soon when those ships could make more money elsewhere.